Author Topic: Ways to make Digital Paintball 2 more important.  (Read 2389 times)

MosEz

• Autococker
Ways to make Digital Paintball 2 more important.
« on: January 20, 2009, 09:30:25 AM »
I know there was already a topic "Ways to make DP clan scene grow?"

but in the last days i was pubbing and I was just shocked. I remember the good old days like 3-4 years ago when a pro joined some pub. All pubbers freaked out and were fall in love with him.

I remember times when i played for "dop" and joined some euro or american pub or the time when i was a newbie and joined the GT pubs and some of xP, er33t or cP came. I just wanted to say "hey" to them and if they say "hey" too I was totally happy.

I also remember my first time in mIRC. Fyrestorm showed me how to work with it.

BUT .....

The 4 - 5  maps on pub in the last days opened my eyes

NO freaking out guys
NO emotions
Newbies who play this game like some months dont know someone.

The dp clan scene is very small and so many ppl think dp is ianctive.

BUT the pub scene never dies.

Many pubbers were only one time on dpball.com to download this game. They dont think there is already a community behind this game. They think pub maps or soccer maps are eveything. And thats the problem.

WE HAVE TO and I hope iam not alone with this idea to let ppl know there is a community and have to contact them. Let them know that they arnt alone.I know it sounds silly but if we get 50% of the pub scene in mirc and let them make clans or teams I swear dp will get more active.

@jitspoe Maybe u should work a bit on the top of dpball.com

maybe u should do "news - dplogin - Files/download - MIRC where the community is (and u should make a topic in it "how to get mirc started" - FAQ - Links

if we get more ppl in mirc this game will have a new spring :D.

And maybe if u do such a topic with mirc we should make a chanlist of all clans which r in mirc. or should make something in "display clans" where u can see what clans r in mirc. I hope u know what i mean.

Or we should make some binds like visit "dpball.com" or "download mirc " and spam the pubs or when u join a pub a news which can everyone read.

Well i Hope some of u will have also some good ideas.

And iam sorry for my english but u all know german is my language :)

pce  mz

AND please dont make a flame topic :)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:09:33 AM by MosEz »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Ways to make Digital Paintball 2 more important.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 09:36:44 AM »
Well, there is already an IRC link, but even when new people get on IRC, there is little to no activity in #paintball, so that's kind of up to you guys.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 09:38:37 AM »
ya i know there is a link but many ppl dont know what is mirc exactly.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 09:46:04 AM »
Make a bot, who says something informative to users that enter from this site to the dp chan. Such as a notice them a couple of links to guides (clan, irc, etc).

The link name isn't geat either... Chat (IRC). Well they don't know what irc is, so a link to chat? Thats so last century and I can understand why people wouldn't click on that.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:47:51 AM »
* KnacK whispers "we need a wiki......"

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 09:50:51 AM »
* KnacK whispers "we need a wiki......"

Which becomes exponentially more creepy when you realize that 'wiki' is Hawaiian for a quickie.

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »
The link name isn't geat either... Chat (IRC). Well they don't know what irc is, so a link to chat? Thats so last century and I can understand why people wouldn't click on that.

Thank you lekky. Thats what I mean

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »
Great post Mosez. Sounds real logical and well thought out to me. Seems like all of the ideas posted say far are worth an attempt. Maybe people willing to help with this general project can break off and take different roles, individually or a small group of people.

Jitspoe - the way I've always viewed #paintball is just as a common place for people to idle and be easily contacted as well as a place for all the scrim requests to end up. If you want to up the activity of the channel I'd ask the ops to take the leadership role (which seems like part of the definition of being an op). People are always talking on irc, just not usually in #paintball. It'd certainly be nice when the new folk come on to see some activity right off the bat. If you build (speak) it, they will come.

Knack - The wiki idea has been floating around for the couple years I've been here, and I was pretty shocked when I first went looking for it and couldn't find a page. It seems like this is one of those ideas that constantly drifts to the backburners, although it should be a pretty high priority. It's like if you're starting a business, you get a yellow pages ad.

I'd definitely help with the wiki thing, but to be honest I think I'd be pretty limited. Wiki, by its nature of summarizing topics, always has a bulk of historical information for any specific page. This is where I'd fail hard, I know little of it. But I'd be more than willing to write up some stuff about current DP and it's structure (It'd be positive, unlike on the forums where I usually female dog/critic. It's just not that fun making a post "I really like playing this game. I play even when I should do more productive things. This game makes me happy!")

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »
thats ture mewa
btw I would also help in IRC #paintball to contact new persons and help them out