Author Topic: Trouble Falling Asleep  (Read 7460 times)

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Trouble Falling Asleep
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 11:06:15 PM »
I've had this problem for about 4-5 years now. Up until a few weeks ago, I wasn't able to fall asleep anytime before 2am. As a result, I would always wake up during the middle of the day.

I wake up around 6:30, shower, eat, and get ready. Then I go to school, come home around 12 and have the rest of the day to do what I have to do. I try not to nap during this time or it will only hurt me when I'm trying to fall asleep. By about 10 I'm pretty much dead tired and fall asleep rather quickly.

Leaving the tv/radio on at night helps me fall asleep. I don't know why the noise soothes me.

During the year or so that my girlfriend was living with me it was a tad bit harder to sleep. She couldn't sleep with light or noise. So I had to make due and force myself to sleep with other means.

I just try to do alot during the day, so by the time I want to go to bed, I'm able to fall asleep quickly. Oh, and, a wandering mind, is a restless one.

kNoC

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 12:17:25 AM »

Here's how I not only conquered it, but discovered I could control my dreams as well.

Ive been able to control my dreams for years, its as if my conscious is still working, and im able to think to myself like, ive caught myself couple times "funny as it sounds" freestyling rap in my dreams, couple of my friends would be over, and id be thinking inside my head, and freestylin about excrement around me in that particular moment, its kinda cool considering im sleeping but yet still awake, i cant actually control my dreams, in the sense that i can make excrement appear, or have godly powers, its just as if i was awake, i could run away, i could fight, have sex, or whatever...

but to help me goto sleep, i play my usual games every night, Quake2 Jumps (the real game. not pb) Quake2 Gloom ,Digital Paintball 2 and recently Mirrors Edge.
another game u should check out is Bionic Commando Re-armed, pretty slick.

I also check the forums here, reading and lookin at the photography area is nice to do, i check out rlslog.net every waking moment

getting high b4 u goto bed is easy, and youll fall right into lala land
if u got the next day or or your just part of my family and and get drunk then goto sleep, that's another way to achieve this task.

sometimes i cant goto sleep until i have sex, just gotta get that extra "load" off your back ;)

after all that who wouldn't sleep ;) ;) ;)

p.s. i goto bed around 2am est time every night

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 08:55:02 PM »
s8n do you ever catch yourself in like stage 2 or 3 sleep, where your sleeping, but your still aware of your surroundings?

i have a lot of lucid dreams. just from exactly what you describe, a ton of focus.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:56:36 PM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
I've only had one lucid dream and it remember it distinctly; it was nuts.

So, when you can control your dream, you dream of nuts? ;D

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:46 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:56:26 PM by Dirty_Taco »

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »
When ever i can't sleep i find that masterbation will make you tired and focused Just make sure you don't "clean up" on your sheets; you don't want to be half unconscious and roll over into a freezing puddle of goo!

Normally i can contrl all of my dreams. Especially when it's in the morning. I usually don't need an alarm clock because i will be dreaming and i will just think to myself, "hey i wonder what time it is". Then I'll wake up and if i still got time to sleep i'll just tell myself to only sleep for a half hour or so and that nearly always works.

The only problem i find with being aware while you're dreaming is  that sometmes yu think you have control, but every now and then you don't. So i tell my elf to wake up, and i do, or atleast i think i do, but i'm still dreaming. So i'm dreaming i woke up, and i start moving around my house and then something intercoursed up happens, and i get scared, then i realize i'm still dreaming and i try to wake my self up, but the it just starts all over again. One time last summer i dreamt i woke up so many times i started getting scared i would never wake up, and i started sweating and hyperventalating, and then the phone rang and i woke up and was out of breathe. It was 4:30 in the afternoon, and it was the most terrifying night mare ever. I must've been trying to wake myself up for hours, at least it felt like it.

ch40s

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »
When ever i can't sleep i find that masterbation will make you tired and focused Just make sure you don't "clean up" on your sheets; you don't want to be half unconscious and roll over into a freezing puddle of goo!

Dude, seriously?

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:56:23 PM by Dirty_Taco »

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 05:50:55 PM »

LOL NIGHTRYDER XD

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 06:01:56 PM »
Normally i can contrl all of my dreams.

It's okay, it's just your body adjusting to becoming a young man. It goes away when you get older, buddy.