Poll

Should there be a grace period on modified maps?

No grace period - cheaters are cheaters.
37 (67.3%)
Grace period of 'x' length.
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Hacking and Moving On  (Read 24887 times)

Bix

• Autococker
Hacking and Moving On
« on: February 23, 2009, 06:35:52 PM »
This seemed to be an issue in the thread below.

http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=16187.0

Anyways I think the whole community needs to give some feedback on this issue.

In my opinion there should be NO grace period on modified maps. It is pretty obvious that jitspoe can now detect modified maps and has been able to for some period of time. This means that some people have been cheating since madman and darkness originally made this wallhack, which was Feb 8th, 2008. It also means that there has been a year where NO ONE has been banned for using this hack, and only this hack. The hack isn't hard to make, once someone starts the idea in your head it is not hard to figure it out. Therefore this leads me to think that is completely unfair to give a grace period to those cheating.

"The "grace period" is 32 days." -Jitspoe.

I think this is wrong

Time for some other topics.

-"It is pretty sad that cuso gets banned when a good 80% of this game uses a variety of wall hacks." -skeet

Do you care to share who you think hacks?

-"The effectiveness of the comitte is dissapointing. I have heard of some players waiting as much as 4 months to be banned for multiple accounts." -Skeet

The guy did speak some truth.

- The dp community voted that some members of the committee did need to replaced yet no action has been made.

-When is Annal (clon3d) going to get banned? Didn't nearly the whole committee along with half the community agree that he cheats?

-When is Impactz going to get banned? I agree he is less obvious but still blatantly wallhacking. The only reason i separate their names is because there was not as many people thinking he hacked compared to his pal Annal.

-"...I find it strange that people that have relationships with comitte members avoid detection easier than others." -Skeet

I feel a reference to me here. Make a formal report saying I hack if you think I cheat. Enough said champ. I've offered all my demos up (as many other people in 'question' have not).

cusoman

• Autococker
Re: Hacking and Moving On
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
Bix the reason I asked for a grace period is because I know of far too many people in far too many clans that are using hacks far more frequently then I ever did.  I wished for this grace period because I want people to stop hacking altogether, while at the same time retaining the ability to play.  You once posted about how this matching community is falling apart.  Banning a good portion, perhaps half was an exaggeration, would only hinder what I thought was your ultimate goal.  People have opinions, and there will never be full agree-ance toward any issue that ever surfaces.

You have exposed many hackers these past weeks, most of which I completely agree hacked in extremely blatant fashion.  On the other hand, people were getting carried away with, just as I DID, around the train of thought that "X" hacked and "Y" hacked and they didn't get caught, so I can hack too.

My ban, I believe, was the wake-up call this community needed, and therefore I fully support a grace period to return the community to its state before MASS HACK DISTRIBUTION.

These are my thoughts on this issue. Feel free to counter. :)

-Cusoman

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:58:44 PM »
People have always hacked.

I also think you have missed my overall point. The clan scene is vital to the dp community, but hackers are not.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 07:10:14 PM »
I agree with the grace period but I'd like to know the list of names to who was caught just so there known to the community.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 07:15:41 PM »
Bix :/ my reference is not to you but to somebody else. but that is not what this thread is about. I know you don't like admitting it but the majority of the clan scene in this game does hack not only by using modified textures but, other forms of hacking such as aimbots. As for the grace period I have conflicting views on it. I believe that the survuval of the game should be our prime concern but not every hacker should get off scott free. I have never hacked before and for the past few years i have seen hacking destroy this game. I highly doubt that giving every hacker a 32 day grace period to give up hacking will solve anything but it is a decent first step to solving the problem. in addition i believe that a list of the suspected hackers should be posted for the public to view.
                                                                                                                      -Skeeter mc peter

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
I'm one of them circa

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 07:36:51 PM »
If the majority of the clan scene hacks...you kids must not learn how to play.

SuMMit!

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 07:50:55 PM »
I agree with the Grace period Because people should get a 2nd chance .

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:51:40 PM »
Bix thats the thing. they are taking the easy way out. they want to be good fast so they hack. it is the same reason athletes use steroids.
                                       -skeeter mc peter

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 07:52:00 PM »
Grace period.

immuned

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2009, 07:54:00 PM »
everyone should get a second chance

SuMMit!

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 07:55:27 PM »
Well, i don't want to see the matching scene go downhill, so this is a first step to improving it, a few people will get away with it. But in the long run this could help

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »

coming from a hacker. lol. :-X :-X

Hyphy

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 07:58:58 PM »

Not necessarily immuned, but it's quite obvious that the majority of the clan scene has used modified maps before.

SmPeR

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 07:59:48 PM »
except zaltekk, Bsod, and hack creators/distributors..

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »
Since when do we give anything to cheaters except a BAN.

I think all those that voted that it would OK to give some grace period either know people that may need this grace period or want the grace period for themselves.

Pathetic cheaters...what a waste of the air we breath.

NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
chant with me everyone....
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »
Since when do we give anything to cheaters except a BAN.

I think all those that voted that it would OK to give some grace period either know people that may need this grace period or want the grace period for themselves.

Pathetic cheaters...what a waste of the air we breath.

NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
chant with me everyone....
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
NO MERCY FOR CHEATERS
I take that to heart s8nsson. I voted yes for it for one simple fact. This 32 day grace period is a start to attempt at cleaning up this game. i have no idea why you are so radically against hackers. most of them are just bored kids looking to try and have fun. I see no reason for you to be so morally against hackers.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 08:27:33 PM »
I think we will see different thoughts from different 'generations'.

DP hasn't put up with cheating. It seems to be this new 'group' of people that support cheating and 2nd chances with no penalties along with supporting eachother when one is caught cheating. Just slightly interesting to me.

I would love to see who is on the big list, and then see who is saying what.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 08:28:39 PM »
Cheating is cheating skeet. DP has always been against hackers. It is a concept that is seems hard for the newer players to understand. We have always given cheaters a ban, this is no exception.

I hope everyone understands that deleting your modded stuff right now will not take you off the list of cheaters. Going to be sooo interesting to see who is cheating, and who is supporting the grace period.

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 08:31:14 PM »
I think we will see different thoughts from different 'generations'.

DP hasn't put up with cheating. It seems to be this new 'group' of people that support cheating and 2nd chances with no penalties along with supporting eachother when one is caught cheating. Just slightly interesting to me.

I would love to see who is on the big list, and then see who is saying what.

I have played this game for around 4 years now. I wouldn't consider myself from the old generation  or the new generation. I just think that you are being biased in your jidgement of who shoulld be banned. I really want the hackers to get banned but what i want more is for this game to stay alive. if that means everybody that is currently hacking getting off scott free then i am all for it. You seem to just want vengence agianst the "New" generation and i just want this game to live.