Author Topic: Multi account Aveiro, youtube  (Read 40555 times)

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
Re: Multi account Aveiro, youtube
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
Aveiro posted his screenshots openly. He obviously didn't know the textures were illegal. Rethink his ban Jitspoe.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
ffs
While I agree on the ban, the length is too much. I was pretty surprised by all the people who were starting to comeback (Dark, oXz,...), but this ban would just cut activity in half.
You really should think of an exception in this case and i think i speak for all (at least most of) players who are more or less familiar with his case, when I say that matching scene needs this exception! There would be no challenge with this ban :/

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2013, 05:30:32 PM »
Proza: LOL you're funny, but please don't speak for Brotherhood. There's no challenge for #Brotherhood if Aveiro is in the game or not.

I think best case scenario Jitspoe cuts it in half, which is still ridiculous. It was a rage ban, and now Aveiro is not going to be able to play for the rest of the summer, and likely the start of the "school year". Silly bans as the game starts to be able to do tournaments. We were going to run another tournament exactly how we ran nB Tournament (Jitspoe even congratulated us on how it was run) - but our only challenge in the game just got removed for a stupid reason. No competitiveness, no fun. Back to League, c ya l8r n3rdz.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2013, 05:30:49 PM »
so many people have used these barrels and been warned, how didn't he know better? i used to use those barrels but when i seen jits say it was illegal i instantly changed them. but avi being banned kills 1 clan pretty much, he's an active member which this game needs.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2013, 05:34:46 PM »
Hi,

It has been brought to our attention that something you were doing was wrong. We have taken remote screenshots of you and are currently discussing the matter. If there is anything you would like to tell me, now is the time. If the committee comes to a decision before you decide to help your ban time will be quite large. I would suggest coming clean about this issue and giving us any additional information you can. Thanks for your assistance.

-flip 

Some people said "You were warned after your first ban" but no. That was only message from committee I've got almost 2 years ago. Nobody warned me about my barrels. They just said they have some my sshots. How could I know whats wrong with them?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »
^ That's the point. Only active forum users would see it, as it was posted, just in random threads where people had screenshots with those barrels. But there has never been anything official saying that, and there are STILL downloads ON THIS FORUM with those barrels. People can search forums for: HR4 textures - download it because its on forums - and get banned a week later because these textures are illegal.

When you don't have a thread for which textures are illegal, and you don't have a thread for legal texture packs, how can you ban anyone without warning about which textures are illegal? Please do explain Jitspoe. I'm truly interested to hear you're utterly amazing logic. You could at the very least remove the darn links to illegal texture packs. They all have screenshots, so you don't even have to download them to check.

What a cool thing, the official Digital Paint: Paintball 2.0 has downloads on it that are bannable. Yet they'll never get removed, people will just get banned for trusting a link while searching for HR4 textures. No other game has this, as anything illegal gets removed from forums. That's probably something we should try, no?

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
Jits I think you need to make a list of allowed textures and non allowed textures. How else are people supposed to know? On some threads there are people talking about what's allowed and what's not, but you can't expect everyone to read everything ever posted on a thread especially multiple threads at that. Weather he knew about the textures being illegal or not there still is no thread saying that there are certain ones that can get you into trouble and others that can't. This seems a bit unreasonable to me.

1.Find the names of the packs that you don't want people using.
2. Make a thread about it
3. Sticky it.

It seems as simple as that. No more confusion, and then you can for sure tell weather people know or not if they're illegal because the post can't be missed. What if someone new to the game just found out about making textures, or that you can download packs? If they were textures you didn't want them using then how are they supposed to know? A ban hammer doesn't seem to be a fair way of letting people know lol.

If you want people to just use your textures and your textures only then why don't you state that publicly and make the cheat detection system warn someone when they replace textures in the game?

The officials are nice and detailed but they're ugly. They look more realistic than all of the others IMO but not many people are pleased with them.

Jitspoe to keep everyone happy, why not just have a poll on what the defaults should be? That way there is no such thing as an advantage because everyone would have the same stuff. That would make those blue barrels he has legal then if it were voted for.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
1. Keep the ban

2. Make official textures so this doesn't happen again
 (who cares if you're not finished fully with the pack; that's the only reason that I could think of that would have made you not do so already)

3. Everyone shut up, no ban that has been put forth has been reconsidered unless jitspoe wrote "800 days untill I've sorted this out"

Also, the argument that only the regular forum poster would have known is bologna. Word travels fast among DP players, and in Aviero's case, he's on the forums anyway. Even showed us that he checks his inbox.

And furthermore, you know what I did when I changed my grass texture tot he one reaver gave me? I showed it to jitspoe and asked first. He said it was ugly, but not ban-able. It is HIS opinion after all. (basically I'm saying there are no excuses)

EDIT: If people were displeased about the new textures, I think I should have found more of the negative posts in the thread where jitspoe has been showing them all off...

INB4 I don't play anymore

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
We already had a similiar case with CRASH a few years ago. He used q2 Models,  uni-neon color for player skins and bullets etc .
Nowadays, none of us would say they weren't unfair, yet CRASH posted his video believing he did nothing illegal.
In the end, he got banned for them, and Jit later set up his mod detection so everybody knew what not to do (and I used this neon green stuff aswell back then).
These textures obviously grant visible advantage, not everybody knows they exist (therefore, it can't get fair, as long as it's not an ingame option), so the ban is perfectly fine for me within the already known rules.
Don't act like you didn't know it. Just because you can hide your textures in a hr4 pack, doesn't mean they don't fall under the same rules other modified content usually falls in. That's just ingnorant.

Be thankful that Jit even allows non offical textures. If he'd have forbidden that from the start, people couldn't even brag about how poor the game looks, since they wouldn't know about other textzres at all.

Keep it fair, play nice, most of us know what it feels like to be banned. Come back soon

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »
Lol, quit complaining people, jump off his well deserved banned detective and move on, enough with the ballads.

Textures so obviously bannable. His skill and activity does not have anything to do with how his ban should be treated.
I feel for you bro, but get smart.

Also, quick question, is information about illegal textures from a descriptive standpoint not readily available? Therefore textures as obvious as this should be easily deemed as illegal, especially by long time players, no? Ignorance is bo excuse.

Edit: Also, committee members really need to try and avoid undermining decisions in their posts and try to stay on, at the very most, a neutral perspective. xoxo

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:26 PM »
The video Smacker made just proves why he is banned. It wasn't because of a single baby blue barrel, check the video out and see the textures. I don't like another person banned in the game, especially Av but if it was anyone else, all you guys defending him wouldn't give a flying intercourse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyshZpO_W28&feature=youtu.be

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2013, 07:48:52 PM »
3. Everyone shut up, no ban that has been put forth has been reconsidered unless jitspoe wrote "800 days untill I've sorted this out"

Blindly posting without fact, as per usual. He unbanned Summit due to misinformation years back, after the ban was in place. There was another case too that I can't remember but will find for you. So you're right, it's really rare, but it has happened.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2013, 09:31:19 PM »
First of all, let's throw all the hypothetical situations of new players downloading a high-res pack and immediately getting banned out.  It's not like I have an auto-ban process or anything like that, and that's not the case here.  Texture bans are dealt with on a per-case basis.

Aveiro has been around for a long time, been involved in discussions on this forum about textures, and probably a lot more discussions about textures outside of the forums.  He's even been previously banned for unfair textures.  Does anybody seriously believe he doesn't know you can get banned for unfair textures like these?  Like, seriously, honest-to-goodness believe that?

Almost-solid-grey wall textures, washed-out-to-almost-white grass, super-light -- in some cases white -- barrel textures, faded wood textures that you almost can't even tell the wood grain direction on, etc.  It's like a collection of every texture that pushes the limits of what should be acceptable, just from a common sense perspective.

Let's take a look at the first ban.  Aveiro got screenshot'd a few times with some highly questionable textures.  I believe this was before screenshotting was common knowledge.  As a test, I asked him to send me a screenshot, and, poof, magically they were textures from a legit looking texture pack.  After some back and forth in email, he basically said, "Just ban me.  I don't care about this game."

Now Aveiro is back, and he obviously tried the official HR4 pack, but, without posting a single line of constructive criticism on how to improve it, switched to some other pack (or carefully selected collection of textures?), and proceeded to play with that.  When JMR made a post along the lines of, "Dude, play fair", he said he wouldn't because the official textures were so horrible they gave him a headache.

Really?  If his options are to play with unfair textures or not play at all, I just helped him with his decision.

To those saying, "If he knew, he wouldn't have posted the screenshots," I've seen people do a lot dumber stuff, like posting a screenshot of a scoreboard with a wallhack visible, or posting a video with solid neon-colored character models.  If he genuinely was unaware using textures like this was not acceptable, why would he have tried to hide it from me way back when he was first banned?

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2013, 02:41:22 AM »
Just for the record I never said that he wasn't aware of the fact that his textures were illegal. I know you're not accusing me though. I just wanted to say that even though he knew they were illegal, I think there should still be a guideline, forum post, or even something in the "readme" text that comes along with the game about what textures are illegal and which ones are legal. This would help people out a lot with the issue and prevent future accidental incidents.

Here is an example, Rick just questioned me about my pp1 wall textures on the ladder thread by saying "wtf is up with your pp1 walls?" I am now using your offical hr4's because I honestly don't know weather my pack is legal or not. People like chemical are saying it's stupid and even Rick had to ask why they were like that.

On the other hand there are still people telling me that they're fine and there should be nothing to worry about. I also know I'm not the only one with that pack (even though there are very few in the game with that pack still.) but I don't think it would be fair for everyone to have to PM you and wait for a response just to find out weather they are okay or not.

If you just gathered all of the legit packs in the game that you know of JItspoe, and simply make a forum post about what's good and what's not, then I'm sure I would not be the only satisfied person in this community about it. Yes I think those barrels he had were totally unfair and just way too light and I have also seen the legalities in some threads on them. However I just randomly stumbled upon that thread the one day and noticed that they were illegal. If I didn't do that then I could be accused of attempting to gain an advantage in the game too, even though that wouldn't have been the intention.

I still think you need to just make a quick poll about which pack should be the default considering not many people are fond of your pack. Like I said, then there would be no "unfair" pack and people would be happy. People aren't making packs anymore and posting them on the forums so it shouldn't be hard to limit the amount of packs that can be used. I don't know of anymore than 4 legitimate, popular texture packs as of now.

Sorry if all of ^ wasn't quite on topic with this thread but I figured this would be the best time to state mine and other peoples opinions about the subject.

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2013, 03:20:34 AM »
Im playing with sunmans textures atm, if your going on with bans like that jit then you have to draw a clear line which textures are allowed and which not. I dont want to get banned for using sunmans pack and I also dont want to ask everytime i change a single texture. Also I never would use ur texturepack, it looks just awful and while im playing i can just focus on these ugly excrement, imo its a disadvantage playing with it.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2013, 05:54:44 AM »
Almost-solid-grey wall textures, washed-out-to-almost-white grass, super-light -- in some cases white -- barrel textures, faded wood textures that you almost can't even tell the wood grain direction on, etc.  It's like a collection of every texture that pushes the limits of what should be acceptable, just from a common sense perspective.

Almost every of these textures is taken from Sunman's/Selda's pack. So everyone who use them should be banned?

Let's take a look at the first ban.  Aveiro got screenshot'd a few times with some highly questionable textures.  I believe this was before screenshotting was common knowledge.  As a test, I asked him to send me a screenshot, and, poof, magically they were textures from a legit looking texture pack.  After some back and forth in email, he basically said, "Just ban me.  I don't care about this game."

To those saying, "If he knew, he wouldn't have posted the screenshots," I've seen people do a lot dumber stuff, like posting a screenshot of a scoreboard with a wallhack visible, or posting a video with solid neon-colored character models.  If he genuinely was unaware using textures like this was not acceptable, why would he have tried to hide it from me way back when he was first banned?

But you just don't know from which pc i sent you the screenshot. It could be from my old pc, where I use official hr4, cuz of better fps. I don't remember what was 2 years ago, when you asked me for my sshot.

If there was a chance to play, I would did it. But not with your official hr4 anymore. I saw a lot of sshots from another pack and your was the worst. I played almost everyday after comeback, but since my start in 2008 I saw you on public once. It means that you just  dont know which texture pack is better for active playing people. Almost every my dp friend use nicier pack than your is.

Nevermind, I like how many people fight for my unban or reducing my ban. Thank you all, but if Jitspoe wants to make from cool game, dead game, we cant change it. Your game dying after your steps and you dont even care about it.

I'm still wondering if there will be some theard about legal and ilegal textures made by Jitspoe.

Smacker

• Stingray
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2013, 06:19:45 AM »
For jistpoe - advice - stop making any kind of textures. You are making the worst textures I have ever seen, maps are too dark and only looking on grass hurts. Try making it more "game" than "real".
Same for maps. You are giving advices to mappers to make easier jumps/ways for newbies, but we do not want newbies playing matches, they are not even playing matches because they suck. If they are not able to make a doublejump, the should be banned on match servers. And I think when somebody is making map with hard ways, it is supposed to be played in match, not on pub. You will never be able to play on our level, so you will never know how the game is supposed to look like.

I am playing the game 7 years already and for me only illegal textures are transparent textures. You can have white textures on black maps, white sky, light barrels, but without aim you are nothing. I can kill a player only with sounds on and good recon from my team mates. Half of success is good recon. These two things are priority. I wanna see a match where you kill somebody and he starts complaining about textures. I am telling you... http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/578/g0d4.jpg  This is master of camouflage.

You should think about this texture thing, because everybody is able to modify their textures without your notice until they reveal them on screenshot. So everybody has the same conditions. Same as turning reflective water on/off or changing brightness. So untill you show up some Official textures allowed only, you have no right to ban for illegal textures because at this point are no legal textures, all are on discussion and i think nobody can say what is wrong when everybody can modify their textures.

TeH

• PGP
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2013, 06:28:01 AM »
Aveiro, dont take this game 2 srsly pls.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2013, 07:10:29 AM »
Jitspoe, that's a very silly argument to say he had to have known it was illegal when posting it. Using the example of a very small number of people who were dumb enough doesn't mean everyone was. If you scanned out all the hackers who used forums, I'd bet 99% of them never posted something they knew would get them banned on forums. He posted them openly in a DP Ladder that was probably the most looked at thread on the forums right now. Are you seriously believing he thought they were illegal and still posted multiple screenshots? He got them from links you can DOWNLOAD on here. Sure, it's a mix of Selda's and Sunmans, but as I sent you lastnight, you can download them on your forums. No other game has a stupid enough system that allows you to download bannable content on it's own forums.

As for the advantage, most people use a light bark on airtime, looking at his screenshots I didn't find them an advantage. If I was making a texture pack for an advantage I'd use Spartax's. Washed out stone textures are way more clear. Do I think he used them cause they look nicer? No. It was certainly for a slight advantage of seeing people, but not a ban worthy advantage. Considering there's NO guidelines to textures, this is just a plain silly ban.

Another point is cause you rage banned, you didn't understand his post. His option wasn't unfair textures or not play, you're just to stubborn to understand that 90% of this game HATES your texture pack. Most active players have not supported your attempt at making these detailed textures. It was he REFUSED to use yours, which aren't mandatory. He never said he wouldn't switch, in fact he did switch once Clipz warned him.

Isn't that crazy? A committee member warned someone for bannable content that there is no set guidelines for (you know, how it used to be when the game was more active) - and he had the option to change it or get banned. He changed it. An hour later, he still received a ban. That alone is stupid, jitspoe. What's the point of a committee when he listens to the committee member but still gets banned?

To top it off, as Sequal noted he just changed his cause NOBODY KNOWS WHAT IS LEGAL AND ILLEGAL. There has been no set stuff. It's just a few screenshots on forums you usually say: "you should change this, its too much of an advantage" -- and people change it, or get banned. Sequal's been around long enough, shouldn't he know too? Or wait, maybe it is YOUR FAULT Jitspoe, maybe you haven't made it clear what is illegal. You can't just say: "don't give yourself an advantage" - cause really, then OTB's pack becomes bannable. Every single pack in this game is a bigger advantage than yours "official pack" because they have smoother textures.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
Every time some stupid excrement gets a ban for textures, the 'omg jits u kill ur game agen gg wp leblanc op' excrement starts.

Almost-solid-grey wall textures, washed-out-to-almost-white grass, super-light -- in some cases white -- barrel textures, faded wood textures that you almost can't even tell the wood grain direction on, etc.  It's like a collection of every texture that pushes the limits of what should be acceptable, just from a common sense perspective.

Let's take a look at the first ban.  Aveiro got screenshot'd a few times with some highly questionable textures.  I believe this was before screenshotting was common knowledge.  As a test, I asked him to send me a screenshot, and, poof, magically they were textures from a legit looking texture pack.  After some back and forth in email, he basically said, "Just ban me.  I don't care about this game."

When JMR made a post along the lines of, "Dude, play fair", he said he wouldn't because the official textures were so horrible they gave him a headache.

Really?  If his options are to play with unfair textures or not play at all, I just helped him with his decision.

To those saying, "If he knew, he wouldn't have posted the screenshots," I've seen people do a lot dumber stuff, like posting a screenshot of a scoreboard with a wallhack visible, or posting a video with solid neon-colored character models.  If he genuinely was unaware using textures like this was not acceptable, why would he have tried to hide it from me way back when he was first banned?

^ thats pretty clear

is it so hard to just ask someone if your newly acquired texture pack is legal? like seriously. knee deep in retard.