Author Topic: Digital Paintball ² part of the ESL? The dream will come true  (Read 16152 times)

MosEz

• Autococker
Well after I have written some emails with the Director of the Community Management of the Electronic Sports League (eSports (short ESL)), it looks like they are interessted in adding digital paintball² but at the moment it isnt sure for 100%

I told him many things about dp²(current Build, Gameplay,Community,Committee,showd him many pics of maps and the new models,Anticheat system,What cheats are possible and other sutff)

- What is the ESL?

www.esl.eu (main site)
www.esl-america.net/us/

The ESL is the biggest League in Europe(it doesnt matter, it would be possible to add americans because they also have an american section and we could play against each other (euros vs americans, euros vs euros, americans vs americans)
The ESL supports games like Counterstrike,call of duty and many many other games.(just a short List
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/2545/eslu.jpg
They make cups for examble in Counterstrike and the winner gets 10000+ euro.

Sponsors: intel, adidas, asus, suzuki  and others.

All languages are possible.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5786/esl4.jpg

It is like a new PBCUP but just bigger.

- If they would take us what would we get?

We would get a 1on1, 2on2, 3on3 and 4on4 Ladder. If we see the number of players rises we would also get a 5on5 Ladder.

it would look like this (5on5 ladder in counterstrike http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9569/esl2v.jpg )

we have to register on the site. (watch out its ike in dp. Only one account is possible.

and because they would advertise paintball we have to advertise the ESL on our site or if it is possible in the game.

I would say we need a f***ing goodlooking banner.So I need your help!

for examble the call of duty 4 banner
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1889/esl3w.jpg

They would mabye also take our committee into their anti cheat section and they would work with us togehter(in connection with cheats)
BUT If someone would hacking, the ESL would ban him from the Ladder for 6 Months

- What would they also need?   

They would need the support of Jitspoe. I would also say we should add knack, yootz, zochenheimer and xtremebain to the AdminTeam when they would take us.

Well what do you think?

I would say it would help dp, We would get more recognition. New players would join this game because everyday there are like 80000 ppl on the site( at one moment!)

We would make a big step into the future of Digital Paintball²

btw the director said he would send a guy @me who would help us in connection with this project.

pce mz

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 01:09:41 AM by MosEz »

Gold_Leader

• VM-68
Re: Digital Paintball ² part of the ESL? The dream will come true
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:13 AM »
Best idea that I've seen come across the forums in a long time.  Yes I read the forums like the newspaper just never log in to say anything.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 01:27:27 AM »
Another cool idea mZ, i hope they add dp.

Hatecrew

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 03:42:50 AM »
Its meddling great...i remember when we talked in the privat darkness chan about that idea a year ago...and we all laught and thought i would never become true :D.

I really hope that DP goes into ESL and bring it back up :).

And thanks mZ for making the first step to a dream become true

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 05:57:37 AM »
This is not only bringing more players. This is bringing more players of the type we want. Guys who go on irc immediately, guys who want to play competitively, not OTB speed or OTB speed2.

GJ mz.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »
 Jitspoe, its ur chance :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »
The idea is ok and maybe it can be good for the game, but i won't say "The dream will come true".

They want sell theirs premium account. Without this, u can't make very much...

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »
But you can participate in a league?

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
They want sell theirs premium account. Without this, u can't make very much...

Well you dont need a premium account for playing in a ladder :)

But you can participate in a league?

well in cod4 it is possible so I think yes

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 03:16:45 AM »
So who is able to make a goodlooking banner?

Hatecrew

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 08:41:33 AM »
maybe some Pixelsize (XXXxXXX) would help :D

Holo

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
This should definetly grow and better our community.

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 12:33:34 PM »
Love you moseZ.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 07:23:15 PM »
This would be great for DP. I remember about 3 years ago there was a spur of gamers coming from other games to DP. Once they got the feel down they were actually pretty good. Hopefully this could pull that back, would be huge for DP. Sadly clan hopping would kill this type of series.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
Jitspoe, its ur chance :D

Yes this is great Mosez gJ, this would bring good expansion to the game.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 09:37:38 PM »

Yes this is great Mosez gJ, this would bring good expansion to the game.

And actually get more people on the forums responding.

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 01:41:07 AM »
most ladders of this calibre would usually have a security feature built in that would deem the player ineligible to play for a certain period of time after joining the new team. i know because i use to be a part of one for quakeII mods ( www.worldogl.com ). not sure if this site does or not.

I think it is a good idea as well, though I have three questions.

i. would this be a "ladder"-type league? like you can only challenge people with higher rank than you (if your team #6, you can challenge #1-5 but not #7-9, and then if you beat them, you will go up, the other team goes down (meaning you have to work your way up the ladder to play better teams and go for 1st). Is this the type of league it is? (a ladder..)?

ii. from previous ladder experience in past games, clan matches would usually on average take one week to setup per match:
----teamA picks a team to challenge and selects his map and 3 possible dates/times of match (teamB challenged)
----teamB accepts one of the dates/times for match
what im trying to ask is: will it be merry like the above example? or will you be able to challenge someone, have them accept and play that same minute?

iii. is there going to be match disputing on the site? I hope not.

i have a suggestion too.. would be cool if the committee or whatever added a maplist to the site that would pick a random tie map for every match. one way to minimize delay of game

-

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2009, 02:06:29 AM »
Well Thanks :)

the first step for me was to contact him once again about adding our irc network. This is possible.
the 2nd step was for me to ask him again if it is possible to let americans vs euros play.Because some guys said it isnt possible but it is.

most ladders of this calibre would usually have a security feature built in that would deem the player ineligible to play for a certain period of time after joining the new team. i know because i use to be a part of one for quakeII mods ( www.worldogl.com ). not sure if this site does or not.

I think it is a good idea as well, though I have three questions.

i. would this be a "ladder"-type league? like you can only challenge people with higher rank than you (if your team #6, you can challenge #1-5 but not #7-9, and then if you beat them, you will go up, the other team goes down (meaning you have to work your way up the ladder to play better teams and go for 1st). Is this the type of league it is? (a ladder..)?
ii. from previous ladder experience in past games, clan matches would usually on average take one week to setup

Well thanks Iam gonna ask him about that.

per match:
----teamA picks a team to challenge and selects his map and 3 possible dates/times of match (teamB challenged)
what im trying to ask is: will it be merry like the above example? or will you be able to challenge someone, have them accept and play that same minute?

weill in call of duty 4 you have to wait 1-5 min to accept a match and then u can start. But iam gonna ask him too

Thanks for the response

btw we got a nice banner when i was in dop
http://freenet-homepage.de/DoPClan/PagebyDrake/DoP/DoP_r1_c1.jpg

but iam gonna ask him about the size.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 04:08:44 AM by MosEz »

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 07:12:24 AM »
Well sorry for that double post but i have to do it so u can see the new information.
I asked this guy again.

Now i try it with my english skills lol.

You can ask everyone for a match. Like in the pbcup the schedule function.
In the top 10 U HAVE to match.
At the places 11 to ??? .It is possible but u dont have to.
If we get a Matchmaking-Tool (ESL Instant Challenger, Matchmaker) ii will be automatically looked up that the teams are not too far from each other in the ladder.

ii. from previous ladder experience in past games, clan matches would usually on average take one week to setup per match:
He said u can schedule a Team and they will accept it. so maybe 1-5 min.

well u can in the following 24hours.

and i also asked him if u can be a clanhopper or not.If you join a Team you get a "10 days ban" to play in your new team BUT if the other team havent any problems that you would play they can accept you to play.

Well thats new.

s0ul0

• Stingray
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
yeah that's normal for most popular FPS ladders.