Author Topic: Localstats  (Read 45339 times)

idias

• Autococker
Re: Localstats
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2011, 06:16:33 AM »
That would require the committee to single handedly check everything submitted. I don't think this qualifies as the committee's job.
The only way I find this feasible is if it's automatically sent to DPLogin or something like that. But then we'd have people judging skills based on stats (which IMO means nothing) and that would most likely lead to Ranking System of players based on stats which is something I do not agree with.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2011, 06:31:29 AM »
*Updated

Local Profile Statistics:
Profile Name: Ghadente
Kills: 100254
Deaths: 32845
K/D Ratio: 3.05:1
Flags Grabbed: 22987
Flags Captured: 11288
G/C Ratio: 2.04:1
Total Play Time: 799h 18m 44s

Lol.. i never saw you..

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2011, 06:41:30 AM »
That would require the committee to single handedly check everything submitted. I don't think this qualifies as the committee's job.
The only way I find this feasible is if it's automatically sent to DPLogin or something like that. But then we'd have people judging skills based on stats (which IMO means nothing) and that would most likely lead to Ranking System of players based on stats which is something I do not agree with.

Ok, so why can't we make ti for fun? I can set system to check high difference between 2 last stats files and then remove that file/acc. Or just only for fun. Every team can use it for compare their players e.q. We need something new..

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2011, 07:25:42 AM »
I agree, we do need something new. But we're talking about DP and it's communitty. Do you really believe you can have this system just for fun? And by saying that "every team can use it to compare their players" it's exactly what I said I disagreed with, which is to rank someone based on their stats.

As for the idea of removing the last file is flawed. Stats are stats, kills are kills, either camped or lined or whatever, you couldn't remove that person's file just because they went from 100 to 1000 in a day. That's why I said that rankings can't be made based on stats.

I get your idea, I just don't agree with it. Nowutimsayin?

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
Ok, so why can't we make ti for fun? I can set system to check high difference between 2 last stats files and then remove that file/acc.
Sure, and that isn't problem if someone will gain 300 kills every single day. Simple, hard to detect and way to top.

Or just only for fun.
"Our team is accepting invites from players with KD ratio better than 1.5 and gametime longer than 500 hours." - Just for fun, huh?

These stats are only for player. That isn't good way to create rank. And we simply shouldn't compare pr0s, they are just good.

EDIT: Celebrate my 100 posts with me. =]

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2011, 08:18:09 AM »
This problem (changing values) can be resolved by cryption this stats file. But, ok, we need sth other.

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2011, 10:29:37 AM »
This problem (changing values) can be resolved by cryption this stats file. But, ok, we need sth other.
So, which crypt method is safe? If we set key 'PaintballIsCool' someone will hack EXE and get that key from it, open it, and modify... I see you don't know much about security in computers... =] That isn't easy... If you want secured system, we should create this on line only but there might be problems with someone running hacked server... so we should certificate some servers, and authorize them to add kills/flags/deaths etc... Easy? So program that into Paintball...
I don't like ideas posted by people that doesn't really know what they are talking about... Please, check if that is possible, before posting ideas (because Jitspoe is 1 [ ONE ] people, and he doesn't have much time..).

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »
The changing problem is my least concern. My main and probably only issue is that people will base their opinion of another player on stats, which is pretty much the same as their record on a pub. It's not reliable and brings nothing new/good to the game (from my point of view obviously). It'll raise more issues than benefits, not to mention it's not a priority on things to improve in this game.

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »
I don't like ideas posted by people that doesn't really know what they are talking about... Please, check if that is possible, before posting ideas...

Lol.. Please.

Anyway, we should thinking about some other feature..

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Lol.. Please.
Wasn't this idea with encryption missed? It was... =]

Anyway, this thread should be closed, or just keep it to upload localsats. Create other thread if you have an idea.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:59 AM »
I don't like ideas posted by people that doesn't really know what they are talking about... Please, check if that is possible, before posting ideas (because Jitspoe is 1 [ ONE ] people, and he doesn't have much time..).
You don't like it? Oh ok... If you don't like it then we apologize. The guy just came up with an idea to try to improve the game, we didn't like it so much, maybe someone else did, nonetheless it's no reason for you to act like that.

P.S: Thank you for clarifying the whole 1 [ ONE ] thing. Since we're at it, it's "that don't really know" and not "that doesn't really know".

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2011, 02:16:43 PM »
Now i can do 2 [TWO] things:
 1. Ignore you
 2. Start flaming with you, which is nonsens cause i'm not english.

So i will ignore you :D Goodgame ^.^

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
It's not a good game because of 2[TWO] things:
1. By posting that you have prooven that you did not choose to ignore me.
2. I'm not English either. And no, I do not want to start a flame war, just wanted to show you that you can make your point without having to be rude, for example, if I wanted to be rude, I would've said something more like this... Settle your vodkaloving ass down and quit being a harrassing know-all female dog. But I chose not to use those words. ;)

Now that my point is made, I'll leave you to your thoughts.
Cheers.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2011, 02:40:53 PM »
...for example, if I wanted to be rude, I would've said something more like this... Settle your vodkaloving ass down and quit being a harrassing know-all female dog. But I chose not to use those words. ;)

plowed.

Payl, if somebody is putting an idea out don't shoot it down. You put a lot of work into that demo downloader thing and wanted feedback, not rage and you should give other people the same respect they gave you. Give feedback on the matter, positive or negative, but no need to shoot it down. If you have nothing useful to say, don't bother posting.

Bundy

• VM-68
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2011, 02:51:02 PM »
My Localstats!

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Profile name: momo3
Kills: 1098
Deaths: 600
K/D Ratio: 1.83:1
Flags Grabbed: 298
Flags Captured: 88
G/C Ratio: 3.39:1
Total Play Time: 14h 29m 7s (i've played longer, but i must install dp again --> thats why)

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
Lol i finally found this thread o_O. (Thanks HaRmonY)
plowed.

Payl, if somebody is putting an idea out don't shoot it down. You put a lot of work into that demo downloader thing and wanted feedback, not rage and you should give other people the same respect they gave you. Give feedback on the matter, positive or negative, but no need to shoot it down. If you have nothing useful to say, don't bother posting.
It's not a good game because of 2[TWO] things:
1. By posting that you have prooven that you did not choose to ignore me.
2. I'm not English either. And no, I do not want to start a flame war, just wanted to show you that you can make your point without having to be rude, for example, if I wanted to be rude, I would've said something more like this... Settle your vodkaloving ass down and quit being a harrassing know-all female dog. But I chose not to use those words. ;)

Now that my point is made, I'll leave you to your thoughts.
Cheers.
Well, no one understand me :-[ . Okok sorry if i done something wrong. Nvm.

To avoid offtopic posting my stats ^.^:
]localstats
Profile Name: payl
Kills: 66652
Deaths: 49359
K/D Ratio: 1.35:1
Flags Grabbed: 22446
Flags Captured: 10921
G/C Ratio: 2.06:1
Total Play Time: 913h 16m 7s
Not bad like for newbie, huh?

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »
IT'S OVER 9000!

Way over. It's actually over 100k kills. Congrats to MrPeach being my 100000th frag (pgp).

]localstats
Profile Name: gamabunta
Kills: 100100
Deaths: 50216
K/D Ratio: 1.99:1
Flags Grabbed: 15718
Flags Captured: 4850
G/C Ratio: 3.24:1
Total Play Time: 1238h 12m 20s

Went down to 1.99, I guess I should match less often and pub more. Cause localstats are everything, y'kno.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2011, 06:17:25 PM »
my localstats

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2011, 12:41:08 PM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:49:54 PM by frugglepajamas »