Author Topic: about bunny jumping  (Read 3778 times)

Matt Baker

• PGP
about bunny jumping
« on: February 15, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »
hi, can someone give me some help about the big jumps cause i always click spacebar very fast for jumping but i nopticed some guys jump very fast and higher of course and get to other parts that i try to get there but its impossible is there way to learn how, i always tap too fast but nothing happen ???

bitmate

• Autococker
Re: about bunny jumping
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 09:58:45 AM »
You can use smaller ramps to get more height. For jumping, you've to move with your "+forward" - key plus either "+left" or "+right" ( = strafing ). Together with this, you've to move your mouse a bit to the side where you are "strafing" at.
Just hit your jump button, whenever you touch the ground.

Reed

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
Circle jump.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 11:09:48 AM »
I've always found this rather useful.

On the first beat of the first 4/4 measure, you put your right foot forward. One the next one-count, you put your left foot out. Then you pause for an entire measure. Finally, you do the "bunny hop/strafe jump", which conisists of a forward hop, another hop, and another hop for a total of three, on the one, two, and three beats.

Repeat.

The advanced eR33t strafe technique is a sixteen beat choreography. In the first 12 beats make 6 shim sham steps - left, left, right, right, left, right.

In the next three beats make three jumps (that means both feet to both feet) and pause on the last beat.

Or, if you're one of those who prefers to have a chant it would go:
left-and-left-and
right-and-right-and
left-and-right-and
jump-jump-jump-pause

Good luck, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
I don't really get it.

Stanislaus

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »
dont let him confuse you, just while you're jumping use your strafe keys you'll eventually find out what works and how you do it best

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »
I just looked at the people when I started out and figured it out.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 02:57:57 PM »
hold forward and sideways, group your jumps together and slowly turn the mouse the direction you are holding. difficult to put into words. just spec some vets that know what they are doing. you'll eventually get the idea. oh, and might want to try using mouse2 as jump instead of spacebar.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 03:08:47 PM »
i still can't find it impossible to use mouse2 to jump..

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 03:53:45 PM »
i still can't find it impossible to use mouse2 to jump..

...what?

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »
oh lol, dunno what i was thinknig when writing that, meant to be..

i still find it impossible to use mouse2 to jump..

:P

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 07:59:43 PM »
mouse2 is the only way to go. once you get used to it. space for crouch and mouse2 to jump.

Derrek

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
I've always found this rather useful.

On the first beat of the first 4/4 measure, you put your right foot forward. One the next one-count, you put your left foot out.

and you do the hokey pokey and turn your self about.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:07:50 AM »
using mouse2 to jump is the most absurd--yet generally acceptable--way of using a jump bind.  I find it rediculous because i strongly believe movement should be kept seperate from aim.  Moving your mouse around (aiming) while also using the same hand to keep your jump pulses in sync--to keep you speed up and hit dbl jumps and whatnot--is rediculous... but then again, if you've been doing it your entire fps gaming career then more power to you :| also, take a look at the pros, none of them use mouse2 to jump... it's also recognized as an accepted bind ONLY for games like quake.  you'd be intercoursed having a mouse2 jump bind in UT or CS...

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »
I use Mouse2 to jump...some of the best players in this game use mouse2 to jump.
I use mouse2 to jump on every single FPS I play (all 2 of them).
I can jump spin aim shoot DO A LITTLE DANCE...MAKE A LITTLE LOVE....GET DOWN TONIGHT

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »
Heh, back in the quake1 days, one of my friends used mouse1 for forward and mouse2 for back.

Me?  I use F to jump.  Spacebar is too flimsy, and I have a hard time timing jumps right using 2 different hands for movement.  Of course, it would be uncomfortable to use W for forward with my finger on F, so I use S for forward -- all in a row, A, S, D, F: Left, Forward, Right, Jump.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »
god. there are some intercoursed up configs people are using in this game...

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 12:45:17 AM »
eww thanks new suggestion.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 02:08:15 AM »
you can't circle jump right unless you use mouse2 to jump. i suppose it isn't really important in dp but if you had to make a difficult jump you would have to move the mouse to the left, strafe left and jump. or vice versa. if you had to do it to the right and used f to jump it would be impossible. also take a look at the jumping pros (wootwoot... n00k1e... etc.) they all use mouse2 to jump. we are talking about q2 mods here... not CS or UT. in conclusion, i win.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2006, 01:10:06 AM »
Eh?  Index finger on F and middle finger on D.  My hand cramps in WASD configs.