Author Topic: Server abuse.  (Read 8505 times)

Tini

• VM-68
Server abuse.
« on: May 31, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »
Dp server admins such as bix and gold, are a joke to dp.  Has anyone been abused by an er33t admin? I know many cases have occurred, and i'm tired of match after match being under constant surveillance by server admins.   They wait on irc to see who types !match in their server and if it is someone they have a slight problem with type in those wretched words ; they’ll ruin the match and ban them even if it were 1 player.  They say they ‘better the community’ by purchasing these servers, yes they do and I know we all thank them for that.  Surely, if you say one wrong thing to these admins their delicate and precious feelings get hurt.  Out of ego or a sense of being the alpha nerd in the game, they do not turn the other cheek or listen to apologies.  The simple solution is to ban the player! Because that is always the good fun loving sport of dp.  Eventually you ban to many players, and the game becomes dead.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Server abuse.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:51 AM »
Don't play on those servers, then. Problem solved.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:40 AM »
Go cry somewhere else?

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 03:12:37 AM »
I wish it was that simple Eii, those are the only servers available.  beside euros.

Who are you rick? do you even play dp? :s oh  are you that guy that hacked and distributed walls?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
Who are you rick? do you even play dp? :s oh  are you that guy that hacked and distributed walls?
Why is everyone intercoursed up in the head when they think that.  At least he did the right thing by admitting he did it, and tried to clear his name of it, unlike some other people.

Also, there are other match servers in the US, so quit your whining and use them, or buy your own.  Nothing will be done.  Period.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
I don't feel like reading the logs, but Bix and Olbaid always come into servers to watch. I never find them doing anything wrong.

I got temp-banned once, for not joining up on a match against [3iob] because Bix was playing while actual [3iob] members were on Obs. The funny thing about that, a few days ago Fitz was going to play for uR while in Starz, but since uR had people on obs, bix temp-banned Fitz and said something like ' you can;t play if they have members on observer '

But yeah, for the most part they just come in asking for specs, watch the match and leave. Since they pay for the servers, they can do anything they want. But other then people already on the ban list, i've never seen them mess around/join up while people are in the match, they don't even talk while the match is going. But then again, maybe your demo can be that one time.

So unless you or somebody you played with has done something to get on the Banlist...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:49:04 AM by MyeRs »

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:20:59 AM »
Just for your info MyeRs, those attachments are text files, not demos.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 08:46:37 AM »
<TiNi> i play this game, because i like the game. Thats kind of the reason why peopple play games gold.

not in all cases =x

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 09:06:51 AM »
aw, did Tini or his team get raged? Go cry some more. You act worse than them in the dp scene anyways.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »
<bix> after i told she died

Wow is that why he is such a detective to me most of the time or actually to the people in this community? Not trying to be rude...:)

Charg3D

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 09:21:12 AM »
I wish it was that simple Eii, those are the only servers available.  beside euros.

Look at these amercian servers.
#Team_Ij.Match.1 soccer1 0/12(empty)   72.233.56.10:27911
 #Team_Ij.Match.3 xbmap1 0/12(empty)   72.233.56.11:27911
*STaRz* Offical Match shazam22(unavailable) 0/10(empty)   76.74.139.4:27911
[1311]Match Server oddjob 0/8(empty)  76.74.139.4:27913

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 09:50:20 AM »
Alot of people refuse to play on canadian servers because they will get a slightly higher ping, and the canadians will get like 20 ping.

Just read the logs and it seems like a kind of pointless reason to be perm banned from two sets of servers. Maybe a warning first, but if you pay for the server nobody can stop you.

QUESTION: Is TiNi able to play in Pbcup?

Charg3D

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »
oh well if they are i get like 50 ping,and so does evry one else.

Tini

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »
aw, did Tini or his team get raged? Go cry some more. You act worse than them in the dp scene anyways.

You play worse than them and most people in the dp scene anyways.

Jusu, this is a forurm and it is a serious topic, if i would like to 'cry' over it because i feel that they are abusing their powers i'm quite sure that it is allowed.  If you have a problem on the topics i start keep playing dp and dont say anything.  I got banned for a stupid reason, a joke, an insult at most.
QUESTION: Is TiNi able to play in Pbcup?
  That is a good question, i honestly dont think i should be banned in the first place over a joke, after i did apologize.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 11:31:43 AM »
Bix kicks me all the time. Y2J used to kick every clan in the game, but at least he has stopped doing that now. As for Gold, he's just a fat Mississippian, not much you can do about him.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 11:46:32 AM »
Ah well, look at the bright side Tini, you can get out of the contentious clan scene and play on M7's speed server

[/shamelessadvertisement]

I think it is not helpful to the game for them to kick folks from the best match servers. But more than appealing to them here I am not sure what you can do.

When I was banned from the match channel I just pmed Extremebain and he was quite helpful.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 11:48:27 AM »
i vote knack locks than deletes all threads that come up with this complaint, you'll get the same response every time. They pay for it they can do what they wish, don't like it find a new server.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 12:09:16 PM »
I don't feel like reading the logs, but Bix and Olbaid always come into servers to watch. I never find them doing anything wrong.

I got temp-banned once, for not joining up on a match against [3iob] because Bix was playing while actual [3iob] members were on Obs. The funny thing about that, a few days ago Fitz was going to play for uR while in Starz, but since uR had people on obs, bix temp-banned Fitz and said something like ' you can;t play if they have members on observer '

But yeah, for the most part they just come in asking for specs, watch the match and leave. Since they pay for the servers, they can do anything they want. But other then people already on the ban list, i've never seen them mess around/join up while people are in the match, they don't even talk while the match is going. But then again, maybe your demo can be that one time.

So unless you or somebody you played with has done something to get on the Banlist...

It was actually olbaid that temp-banned him, then I told him why he was temp banned.

Bix kicks me all the time. Y2J used to kick every clan in the game, but at least he has stopped doing that now. As for Gold, he's just a fat Mississippian, not much you can do about him.

I don't think ive ever kicked you. That would be olbaid.

Fitz

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2009, 12:16:40 PM »
i vote knack locks than deletes all threads that come up with this complaint, you'll get the same response every time. They pay for it they can do what they wish, don't like it find a new server.
So what, we're not allowed to let the community know what kind of admins we are dealing with? Yes, they pay for it (although Bix and Olbaid do not personally pay afaik) and they're free to do what they want, but we are also free to complain and moan about their actions here seeing as we have no other place to do so (they ban you out of their IRC channels too).

And my mistake then Bix, you both were opped when I was in the server, so I just assumed it was you. My bad.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2009, 12:17:45 PM »
:)