Author Topic: I go t an Ipod touch  (Read 7717 times)

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
I go t an Ipod touch
« on: June 06, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »
... How the intercourse does it work.

its my first ipod and i cant do anything with it. honestly... nothing.

it doesn't come with instructions because i guess thats too logical.

it came with head phones (easy enough)
it came USB thing (took a second but i got it quite easily)
it did not come with any type of plug in so i assume it doesnt need one
it came with some white plastice thing that fits on the bottom of ipod. it looks useless but i'm afraid to throw it away.

so i plugged the head phones in. i plug the ipod into the computer.... and nothing
the thing lights up when i tough it, but all it shows is a cord directed to a cd that says itunes
what the intercourse is itunes

doesnt this brick play music. i got music i would like to put on it. when i plug it into the computer the only options i get are microsoft works and photo editor... like that helps.

so i look through the two tiny tiny pages of words and i find an address www.apple.com/ipodtouch/guidedtour ...sounds promising. i get there and it says I have to download quicktime to watch the tour. WHO THE intercourse USES poor ASS QUICKTIME!!!! but i notice the link that says download video. oh this sounds useful. but instead of downloading a video file i end up downloading a .rar file. Thanks for the extra step apple... you girl thingy. So after 8 MINUTES OF DOWNLOADING i look at the file in the .rar and it only plays with quiktime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so intercourse i should have just downloaded it and watched it on the internet.

so i close winrar and go download the free quiktime... which also takes for meddling ever. so now i think to myself i'll just watch the guided tour on the site. WRONG! for whatever reason, even though i just finished downloading quick time, it says i have to still download it... so this means i got to download the meddling video again. So after another 8 minutes of downloading this poor ass .rar file i finally get to watch it... on poor quicktime and it better have something useful to say.

who ever said apple electronics are easy is a meddling excretory opening and i want to slice his penis in half.... length wise with a rusty fork

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
Re: I go t an Ipod touch
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:20:44 PM »
intercourse intercourse intercourse intercourse intercourse YOU HANNAH I HATE YOU

WHAT A meddling USELESS VIDEO. IT TOLD ME excrement. THANKS APPLE FOR TELLING EVERYTHING I CAN'T DO WITH MY IPOD. ITS COMFORTING TO KNOW THIS PIECE OF excrement HAS A HUNDRED STUPID FEATURES AND ALL I CAN meddling DO IS LOOK AT THIS STUPID CABLE ON THE SCREEN I HATE YOU STEVE WOZNIESKI OR WHATEVER YOUR NAME IS. I HATE YOU KATHY GRIFFIN. IPODS SUCK. APPLE SUCKS. MACKINTOSH SUCKS

AND HANNAH, I WILL FIND YOU AND KICK YOU IN THE girl thingy SO HARD I'LL OBLITERATE YOUR OVARIES AS WELL AS ANY KIDS YOU MAY ALREADY HAVE. PLUCK YOUR EYEBROWS YOU FAT sexually promiscuous person.

whew, that said.... any advice?

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 11:53:05 PM »
lol @ "girl thingy"  XD

Anyway, you need iTunes to put anything on your iPod.  Thats just how Apple works.  So go get that installed and fire it up.  Once its up and running, plug your iPod into your computer and iTunes should be able to help you from there.  Also, when your iPod is plugged into the computer you cannot actually use it.  If it is charged, unplug it from the computer and you can use it then.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:50:26 AM »
iPod touches aren't exactly just for music anymore.

-Games
-Music
-Video
-Internet Browsing

And much more....

I can't stop playing Tap Tap Revenge 2 now.... global ranked like 30th i think and I'm like addicted to it ;D

Homie

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:19 AM »
what the intercourse is itunes

You need Itunes to have music on your ipod. www.oldapps.com

And btw, it's good to have an Itunes account, so you can d'load many Applications, Podcasts and Games.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 07:28:17 AM »
Just ask for a refund and another. It's very unlikely that it'll happen again.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 12:31:16 PM »
ok how does itunes work. i try to open it on my computer and nothing happens

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 04:07:01 PM »
I'm sorry, but if you can't work an iPod then you shouldn't be near a computer.

Uninstall iTunes and Quicktime.  Then re-download it and install.

The iPod touch is a very powerful mp3 player.  But it gets much better when you hack it :).  Then you can download FREE apps and games and don't have to go through apple.  You can also use FTP software to get direct access to all the files on it and mod pretty much anything.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 11:55:18 PM »
I'm sorry, but if you can't work an iPod then you shouldn't be near a computer.

Well, im slowly understanding it a bit more. Thing is i've never used an ipod or had any desire to use one, so i've never had any experience with one, or anything apple. However, including a manual seems like common sense.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 03:18:53 AM »
I can't stop playing Tap Tap Revenge 2 now.... global ranked like 30th i think and I'm like addicted to it ;D
Sorry for the off topic but LOL! global ranked 30th. Anyways Tap Tap Coldplay is better. =]

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure they have a .pdf download for the manual online somewhere.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »
Why would you get one if you had no desire to use one?

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 01:52:37 PM »
I never had a desire until lately when i started working out at a gym and i got a job with a lot of alone time (with security cameras). Normally i would just play cd's in the car and my computer when i was at home. I've more or less got the hang of it now, though today it froze on me for a couple minutes. Does that happen often? Also, how would i go about putting a .avi movie file on it

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
.avi files have to be converted, and its one of the things I hate doing.  Its actually hard to find a good converter to do so, I either use Videora, which is free, havnt actually used it in a while though.  Also, if it freezes when you are using it and won't unfreeze, hold the power button and the 'button' down for about 5 seconds and it should just automatically reboot or switch off.  If it switches off, hold the power button down for about a second or so and the iPod should start up again.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 03:07:54 PM »
I never had a desire until lately when i started working out at a gym and i got a job with a lot of alone time (with security cameras). Normally i would just play cd's in the car and my computer when i was at home. I've more or less got the hang of it now, though today it froze on me for a couple minutes. Does that happen often? Also, how would i go about putting a .avi movie file on it

If you use windows xp, you can use windows maker player to change to .mpeg or many other files, Just upload your .avi on windows movie maker and then save movie file, it will save it to anything you want

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
If you use windows xp, you can use windows maker player to change to .mpeg or many other files, Just upload your .avi on windows movie maker and then save movie file, it will save it to anything you want

n00b.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
n00b.
=].  A microsoft product will not support anything to do with an apple product, so obviously doing it like that wouldn't work, and it wouldn't be a great conversion of it did.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
ya, windows movie maker is crappy quality and won't allow good conversion control... Doesn't itunes have a converter for videos?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 10:50:01 PM »
I recall if its NOT iPod formatted .mp4, you can convert it to an iPod formatted .mp4, as there are multiple formats of it.  I don't think it does .avi to .mp4, last time I importing an avi it didn't show in iTunes.

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2009, 04:31:02 AM »
Use a video converter. =]