Author Topic: ESL (EU) - The last Steps - Art Contest  (Read 19410 times)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
ESL (EU) - The last Steps - Art Contest
« on: June 17, 2009, 12:55:28 PM »
Hey Guys,
we are in the last steps for the ESL (first just EU).
We need a Banner, a Teaser and a Packshot.
So we make a Contest.

Here are some examples:
Banner (icq banner):

Teaser 150*90 :

Packshot 78*110 :

Here u can download the Header Template:
http://gfx.esl.eu/gfx/media/de/gfx/v2009/ESL_v2009_Template_Header_v1.zip

The last day for the picture's is on Sunday, 21 June 2009.

For questions, write me a pm.

- ic3y

P.S: I know my english is terrible, but I hope u know what I mean ^^
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 09:03:15 AM by ic3 »

lilb990

• Autococker
Re: ESL (EU) - The last Steps - Art Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:03:13 PM »
It says 403 Forbidden

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »
It says 403 Forbidden
i can download it, w8 i take it in the forum post

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
What's the prize? I thought we were supposed to have the American ESL months ago? Why can't it be American also? DP is international, then why isn't the league for it international? Do you have the info on how they'll run leagues for DP? What's the prize?

sound familiar people?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »
What's the prize? I thought we were supposed to have the American ESL months ago? Why can't it be American also? DP is international, then why isn't the league for it international? Do you have the info on how they'll run leagues for DP? What's the prize?

sound familiar people?

I said him that american clans exist. But he said, we start at first just an European Cup / League etc. Then they will look.

The prize's are good matches.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »
You have two options...

...the second option is GTFO

sofa king awesome!

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
Why the hell is DP being signed up for third party leagues.  I wasn't aware Jitspoe "OK'd" this.  And why is it random members of the Community doing this and not Jitspoe?

-Cusoman

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »
Maybe jitspoe doesn't have time? And I doubt he would strongly oppose this...

The state of the dp community is so chaotic that people are now criticized for trying to help the game.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »
yes, recent criticism came with the start of this years PBcup, if people caught onto my post. Since people criticized over that, chaos can't be blamed on this issue, the roles are just reversed here...

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:26 PM »
I am not saying the ESL is a bad idea, but I am saying that the decision to enlist DP into it is 100% Jitspoe's decision, not players that feel they have the responsibility to "step up"  From the ESL's perspective, these players are in charge of organizing DP, where in fact, the only organizer/planner/owner of DP is Jitspoe.  The fact that this is EURO only is also disturbing, since 50% of this active community (or more?) is non-European.  I don't think this project should be moved forward until Jitspoe is the guy putting us in ESL, and until its the entire community joining.  It is like making yourselves co-owners of DP, and at the same time creating an even larger, unneccessary, growing chasm between the two portions of DP :/

-Cusoman

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 11:03:14 PM »
I am not saying the ESL is a bad idea, but I am saying that the decision to enlist DP into it is 100% Jitspoe's decision, not players that feel they have the responsibility to "step up"  From the ESL's perspective, these players are in charge of organizing DP, where in fact, the only organizer/planner/owner of DP is Jitspoe.  The fact that this is EURO only is also disturbing, since 50% of this active community (or more?) is non-European.  I don't think this project should be moved forward until Jitspoe is the guy putting us in ESL, and until its the entire community joining.  It is like making yourselves co-owners of DP, and at the same time creating an even larger, unneccessary, growing chasm between the two portions of DP :/

-Cusoman

what a bs. Euros get called whiners when they complain about an american PBCup and now that you read about an only eu ESL league your crying even more about it. 50% or more people who play this game come from europe and a league, even just for thoose 50% would help the game very much. I also think that they first want to try it with the euros and look how it works. But its their decision, i highly doubt ic3y told them to not let non-euros in. I mean he had the whole work getting dp into the ESL to help the game and now you want to ruin the whole thing for half of the community because you cant participate (at the moment) ? pretty egoistic. This one could get huge and if it works out well with the euro ESL i bet it will be all international in maybe a few months? we have to take this opportunity! I also doubt that jitspoe has the time to organize something like this. We play this game, we are the community, its our job to help the game as much as we can. He cant do everything for us. I agree that jitspoe should give a statement to the ESLthing first, before ic3y goes any further.

BTW: I understand that youre dissapointed
and i quess that the euros would have complained the same way about it if it were NA only.  EU only is good but it isnt perfect, just think about it as an opportunity for you, because if it works well i bet it will come to an international league.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 11:18:11 PM »
Nope, your not understanding what im saying.  First of all I am and was all for euros playing in pbcup, and this has nothing to do with it. I will summarize my 2 points to make it clear:

1. something as big as ESL needs to be the whole community

2. Its not your call to put dp in the esl, it's Jitspoe's call.  I am all for letting ic3y organize it, and set it up for Jitspoe to make the final decision, but you cannot just move forward as if you represent the game. Going with euros-only first is ok, its stupid, but its ok.  YOU CANNOT SIGN DP UP FOR SOMETHING THAT THE OWNER/FOUNDER/LAST ACTIVE CREATOR does not approve of.  You just cannot do it.... I do not see how you think it is acceptable for any single group or person, besides Jitspoe, to call the shots on how this game moves forward.

-Cusoman

EDIT: Also the notion that this community is actually 2 is ridiculous, and moving forward in such a way is just asking for a separation.  Like there isn't enough dissent already...

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »
why would the "publisher" of a game have to agree to it being used in leagues?  rofl.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 11:24:08 PM »
Because he monitors the entire game through dplogin.  He controls it.  This is not like other games, where the entire game is community driven.

Also I would have an equal problem with this if a group of American or non-euros tried to enter DP into esl without jitspoe's agreement. 

-Cusoman

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 01:34:32 AM »
I'm also sure that the founder of Valve had to give his blessing to have HL in there. 100% positive.

You're also mentioning something about it's stupid it's for EU. It would be better to have all parts of the world competing but it has nothing to do with Hui who's trying to get this thing going.

yes, recent criticism came with the start of this years PBcup, if people caught onto my post. Since people criticized over that, chaos can't be blamed on this issue, the roles are just reversed here...

Adding your portion of fuel on fire there? In one post you have specifically Bix stating that it's meant for NA community only. And this is not organised by the people from community, it's comming from outer organisation. That cup could have been working for NA and EU there were just no wish from organisers to do so. So now, as you and many of others like to state these days - whine more, pls.

You just don't get it do you? It is stated that if this works for EU, that they will include rest of community. But nevermind that, attack further whenever someone tries do to something. Pettiness rocks.

Edit: this thread is about banners and art. If you wanna ˝discuss˝ this (when there's nothing to discuss) go make a new thread.

EiMS

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 02:35:14 AM »

;D

EDIT:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:30:35 PM by EiMS »

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 04:21:21 AM »

I tried to just ignore your first post because it didn't make any sense. Only one or two of those questions was actually asked at the time... =\

And this case is totally different.

1. It's not ic3 or anyone else of the euro dp community organizing this. So we can't really do nothing about that. =\\\\

2. We are all seeing how the pbcup is going :P so you can't really say euros were wrong there.

I want Americans and Europeans together in every cup in DP.

edit- Oh and jitspoe having to agree on ESL making a dp league is just plain stupid, doesn't make any sense.

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 06:28:25 AM »
sure it would be better to have the whole community in it but having only euros in it is better than having no ESL at all :|

EDIT: first productive post EiMS =D gj

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 06:55:47 AM »
It's none of Jitspoe's business who includes this game in whatever leagues.

Isn't this game GPL anyways? Doesn't that mean it's none of Jitspoe's business who does what with this game period?
The only thing Jitspoe controls is what goes into HIS builds? Didn't he GIVE all his work to the world upon placing this game into the GPL?

Whataguy!

I don't know these things too well, but it looks like that to me.

EDIT:
Hmmm come to think of it a good point was made. This game is under GPL so you may do with it as you please as long as you abide by the GPL...BUT...Jitspoe controls all game logins and thus controls the game?

Jitspoe Is The Supreme Propagator Of Evil

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 05:03:57 PM »
First of all I would like to apologize for stating my views in the wrong thread.  I do think Jitspoe needs to approve of this, but should he approve it, I am not at all against it.  Therefore I am going to submit my attempt at a banner so you guys don't think I am trying to stop this project :)

Will edit post when completed

-Cusoman

EDIT: See attached image :) Possibly a WIP, but probably my final :)  I could not understand the directions as they were in german? So I just assumed that Eims knew what he was doing, and used his shape and the example as references.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:32:58 PM by cusoman »