Author Topic: ESL - We can start in 1 - 2 Weeks  (Read 8393 times)

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
ESL - We can start in 1 - 2 Weeks
« on: July 02, 2009, 03:54:28 AM »
http://www.esl.eu/eu/dp2/
Next week, the admins get the rights.

Then we can start

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: ESL - We can start in 1 - 2 Weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »
Nice! Good job.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:15 PM »
sorry to say, but you picked a gey banner (no offense to all you homosexuals out there). the colors are awful, what happened to all that excrement about needing a dark background? currently its pastel variations. its not even good looking from an aesthetics stance.

there were plenty of other ones that looked much better, and had the populous support.

try again.

shep

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:58:33 AM »
mewa's right guys there were many better ones.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 03:59:40 AM »
Our favourite was the banner from T3rr0r15t.
I said just that some people want this and this banner.

I send the link to the forum, maybe they want another, and then they picked them ^^

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:27:27 PM »
whom picked this one? i read the thread. i didnt see any post saying that this was the best one. although many people wrote posts proclaiming the others were the best. in fact, there is no post even saying which banner was picked, i had to go to the esl website just to glimpse it.

gather up those admin skills if you want this to be a smooth ride.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 11:45:42 PM »
I dont like the banner, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 11:55:17 PM »
who cares?  you are both just americans.

also, as ic3y just mentioned, the ESL picked the banner, and he himself didnt have any influence on that.

and finally, people like Robbie saying they like this and that won't have an impact on any decision - spamking's words are always meaningless.

[MotD]

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 12:05:17 AM »
Looking at the Counter Strike one and the chosen Dp2 banner, the biggest difference seems to be the images chosen for the background.
In the counterstrike one, it's showing off the detail of the game and it's textures(From MY pov ofcourse). Whereas, in the dp2 one, it's just showing a player model on a background that has nothing to do with this game. Personally, I think that a new banner should be chosen that doesn't just look good, but actually shows off the game the banner is advertising.

Meh, what ever.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:28 AM »
Looking at the Counter Strike one and the chosen Dp2 banner, the biggest difference seems to be the images chosen for the background.
In the counterstrike one, it's showing off the detail of the game and it's textures(From MY pov ofcourse). Whereas, in the dp2 one, it's just showing a player model on a background that has nothing to do with this game. Personally, I think that a new banner should be chosen that doesn't just look good, but actually shows off the game the banner is advertising.

Meh, what ever.

+1.

The background colour isn't unique to Paintball... Any game can have it. It should have DP scenes rather than random colours.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:02 AM »
Ugh, wtf.  At least have a banner with the four team colors.
You could put a screenshot of the most played map in DP. OR -
The mappers should have a small, friendly competition to design the best DP map/scene that would show off its textures and style, and could be used to create a banner. A map of that size wouldn't be big at all, just one scene.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 01:14:09 AM »
who cares?  you are both just americans.

also, as ic3y just mentioned, the ESL picked the banner, and he himself didnt have any influence on that.

and finally, people like Robbie saying they like this and that won't have an impact on any decision - spamking's words are always meaningless.

[MotD]

first off, i play this game (a fair amount), so i care how its represented. in fact, i have a care for just about anything related to this game. ive never asked that i, nor any other american, be included in the euro esl league, so dont lump me in with your angst against americans because you got excluded from pbcup. i wouldnt do it to you, and i expect the same in return. this game isnt going to survive or prosper with just one side of the pond, so, dont harsh me brah.

secondly, i realize robbie made quite a few attempts at being a definitive leader in that post, but its probably out of necessity because it seemed like no one was in charge.

lastly, please show me where ice says that he didnt make a decision and that esl did. maybe i cant read the halfbroken english as well as you can, but i dont see that in here.
Our favourite was the banner from T3rr0r15t.
I said just that some people want this and this banner.

I send the link to the forum, maybe they want another, and then they picked them ^^

who is "our" in "our favorite", and out of curiosity which other banners did you mention? now that im rereading this, theres many different ways to interpet his comments (fyi, use nouns, names/places/things, not just "this" "that" "his" theirs", etc). on top of all that excrement, this is the first time icey (seemingly the leader, atleast of the banner portion) has mentioned anything about a banner being chosen.

b00nlander, youve got a hell of a queer attitude for being a so called leader of the community. act civil and ill try and do the same.

ps - nice seeing you rick, i feel close with your hot 14yr old body again. send pix STAT.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 05:05:12 AM »
Ic3 did show the ESL guys every banner that was sent in and the ESL guys chose one. That's it. There was no better suitable banner than this one handed in. You should've cared earlier by making one because at the moment this what we got is the banner.
As for a changing the banner now, first better make a better new one and then say the chosen one isn't fitting. I bet if you can make a really good one with a proper looking map background, ic3 is ready to tell the ESL to have a look at it.
That's it, no talking about sides of a pond necessairy.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »
Ic3 did show the ESL guys every banner that was sent in and the ESL guys chose one. That's it. There was no better suitable banner than this one handed in. You should've cared earlier by making one because at the moment this what we got is the banner.
As for a changing the banner now, first better make a better new one and then say the chosen one isn't fitting. I bet if you can make a really good one with a proper looking map background, ic3 is ready to tell the ESL to have a look at it.
That's it, no talking about sides of a pond necessary.

I think the community should of decided on the map,Then we send in top 3 or so, not all of them, our community stayed together over these years, by letting us decide, we can pick what we want, and if the ESL wont let us do it our self, then we don't need them, its as simple as that, LET US PICK OUR BANNER,

hey the banner we are using now might be picked, but its the sense we have a choice and our vote matters, the banner that is up now is annoying to me, the game has nothing to do with that, it needs to show people the game, having a more game focused banner or showing a completely off the game banner, might attract more people, BUT when they see the game has nothing they wanted in it, They will leave, if we do something more game focused they will come and stay, and might even get involved with the community,

EiMS

• PGP
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
...we can pick what we want, and if the ESL wont let us do it our self, then we don't need them, its as simple as that, LET US PICK OUR BANNER,...

lol, robbie, get a life. do you have nothing else to do than talking about a excrement banner? are you still angry that the esl is only for euros? and if they picked a pink banner with hello kitty on the background, who the ... cares? :D

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:58 AM »
lol, robbie, get a life. do you have nothing else to do than talking about a excrement banner? are you still angry that the esl is only for euros? and if they picked a pink banner with hello kitty on the background, who the ... cares? :D

Im not against euros, in fact i wasn't even aloud to play in the pbcup like you, so don't think i am against euros, and i do have a life, i just got back from weights for football, and i do that every other day, and im sure i have more of a life then you. Maybe you should worry about your self more and not me

AND I CARE, who cares about ESL, thats the real question, maybe you cant understand this but, this game is about 1 community not 2 (americans and euro's and what ever else people feel like hating) maybe we should even have to dp games, Dp Usa Edition and Dp euro edition, now that wouldnt be any fun, so just suck it up and lets change the banner

hauke

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 10:35:50 AM »
Im not against euros, in fact i wasn't even aloud to play in the pbcup like you, so don't think i am against euros, and i do have a life, i just got back from weights for football, and i do that every other day, and im sure i have more of a life then you. Maybe you should worry about your self more and not me

AND I CARE, who cares about ESL, thats the real question, maybe you cant understand this but, this game is about 1 community not 2 (americans and euro's and what ever else people feel like hating) maybe we should even have to dp games, Dp Usa Edition and Dp euro edition, now that wouldnt be any fun, so just suck it up and lets change the banner

I agree with you. But if the ESL likes this one most i dont think we have much of a choice but to suck it or send them other banners they may like. telling them that we dont need is a bad idea, simply because we need them! The ESL would make this game much more attractive for new players.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
Who cares about the fking banner....
The question is: Will it start sometime?

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
I win, Who cares really :D only person i know that cares is ic3  and EiMs

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »
We all will eventually... its just a matter of time...
Shut up, striker hater!