Author Topic: Mouse Problems  (Read 2879 times)

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Mouse Problems
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
Hi everyone, i got a new comp and a better graphic card.
Everything s fine, but my mouse doesn`t move like before. It`s like the game can`t follow the mouse.
Any suggestions?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Mouse Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
Hi everyone, i got a new comp and a better graphic card.
Everything s fine, but my mouse doesn`t move like before. It`s like the game can`t follow the mouse.
Any suggestions?

Mouse driver?

Then mouse speed in Windows and ingame

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »
After i redownloaded dp again and all no all my mouse does is spaz to the left ever 5 min  :(

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »
what does "game can`t follow the mouse" mean, i think you need to be more specific for anyone to help you. describe what you do, what youre used to it doing, and what it is now doing.

also tell us what mouse you have (make and model) and its general type.

with my current wireless mouse/keyboard setup i had a hell of a time getting the keyboard to work right. although it would seem to work fine outside of the game, the game was a much more demanding scenario and allowed me to see that that the wireless receiver was catching every minor stroke. the mouse and keyboard share a receiver, so i had to make a comprimise between the performance of both.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 04:52:33 AM »
Mouse driver?

Then mouse speed in Windows and ingame

im using a cheap hp mouse (http://www.gadgets.in/images/listings/product/large/computer/Original_Component/hp/mouse/HP_PS_2_2-Button_Optical_Scroll_Mouse_(EY703AA).jpg)

on my old comp i turned my mouse 180 degr. in 0.5 sec... and now it s impossible to turn it into the direction i want (in that 0.5 sec).
It s sometimes 200, sometimes 150 etc.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:42:51 AM »
The pro of 180° =)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 12:49:06 PM »
Check your sensor on the bottom and make sure there isn't dirt or anything on it.  The surface your using it on could affect it too.  I don't know if you messed with anything with mouse acceleration or smoothing.  Check control panel -> printers and other hardware -> mouse -> pointer options -> and try messing with your sensitivity and the increase pointer accuracy check box.  The accuracy check box turns mouse acceleration on and off.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »
It s much better now thanks br55hit.

The pro of 180° =)

:D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:16 AM »
Make sure "enhance pointer precision" is unchecked in the control panel settings for your mouse.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
how does that affect the game?

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
It's mouse acceleration.  It will cause your pointer to move more or less depending on how fast you move your mouse.  So you could start your pointer at the same spot and do a quick motion and every time you do your mouse will more than likely not go the same distance because of inconsistencies in your motion.  Therefore it makes your mouse movements very inconsistent.  If you turn it off your pointer will move the same distance no matter how fast or slow you move it.  Depending on how sensitive your mouse is will depend on how noticeable it is.  If you have the chance try it with a good laser mouse like a G5 or G9 and you will notice how much the acceleration messes with it.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 10:04:53 PM »
i thought might be the acceleration, but it doesnt really match the term they use. it's like in big brother, "Defence Ministry", waring buereu.

anyways, i just use the game cmds for that excrement. m_xp 0 (dont correct me if im wrong, im shooting out my ass)   

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 06:55:59 AM »
Well, i had this problem with my mouse and just went to HP.com entered my computer model than after it should show a picture of your computer than What operating system you are on, after that there should be a menu for different drivers. I downloaded the mouse and keyboard drivers and now i have no problem....