Author Topic: Global Login System (Implementation Discussion)  (Read 83212 times)

bitmate

• Autococker
Re: Global Login System (Implementation Discussion)
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2006, 12:59:49 AM »
He's giving good feedback as well as some constructive ideas, Jared... ::)
No need to put him down.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2006, 04:42:16 AM »
Im not, just telling him like it is :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2006, 07:02:30 PM »
Guess you guys already figured out I added functionality to add and remove clan leaders.  I also fixed a bug so you can log in with your clan tag, so you should be able to log in as -ch1ll-bitmate.  The name shown in the clan list will be whatever you last logged in as.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2006, 05:23:57 PM »
you didnt use my sweet ajax :(
"Your" ajax isn't even compatible with the way my forms and tables are set up.  I'm guessing you didn't even write it, either.

I've tweaked the clan interface quite a bit.  It now lists the clan(s) you're currently involved in (be it active membership, invites, or whatever) so it's more user friendly.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »
you didnt use my sweet ajax :(
"Your" ajax isn't even compatible with the way my forms and tables are set up.  I'm guessing you didn't even write it, either.

I've tweaked the clan interface quite a bit.  It now lists the clan(s) you're currently involved in (be it active membership, invites, or whatever) so it's more user friendly.
i did like 50% :D

Also, lose the lame "dp" theme and go with some web 2.0 looks.

IronFist

• Autococker
_
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2006, 08:52:09 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 10:35:42 PM by IronFist »

QED

• Stingray
« Reply #206 on: October 20, 2006, 01:05:03 AM »
If somebody is bored, I need a way to check if an email has already been sent recently for a particular ip, so people don't abuse the system.

Jitspoe, I just responded and logged in with my e-mail ink from the IP starting with 24.29.x.x   Figure that is enough of an IP for you to work with.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #207 on: October 20, 2006, 12:10:33 PM »
Jitspoe, I just responded and logged in with my e-mail ink from the IP starting with 24.29.x.x   Figure that is enough of an IP for you to work with.

Er, what I meant by that is write some php that logs each time an email is sent from a particular IP and doesn't let them use it more than 2 or 3 times, in order to prevent some kind of retarded email spamming (I mostly just want to protect the email from getting black listed).

What did you mean by "just responded", anyway?

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »
Jitspoe, I just responded and logged in with my e-mail ink from the IP starting with 24.29.x.x   Figure that is enough of an IP for you to work with.

Er, what I meant by that is write some php that logs each time an email is sent from a particular IP and doesn't let them use it more than 2 or 3 times, in order to prevent some kind of retarded email spamming (I mostly just want to protect the email from getting black listed).

What did you mean by "just responded", anyway?
Id suggest a flatfite, with a .httaccess so no wrong-doer's can get to it

QED

• Stingray
« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2006, 12:55:30 PM »
Man I have to stop posting stuff at 3 in the morning.  I meant by just responded that I replied to the global login confirmation e-mail that I received.  Now that I understand what you are looking for, I will close my mouth and see what I can dig up.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2006, 01:20:12 PM »
I'm sure your email to no-reply@dplogin.com will have fun sitting in /dev/null. ;)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2006, 03:37:21 AM »
Made some headway today: completed the auto-login feature.  I want to make this as painless as possible for the anti-global login crew.  Just register your name at dplogin.com, create a profile in-game, and check remember password and auto-login.  You won't even notice it's there once you have it set up.

Looks like quite a handful of people have registered at dplogin.com already.  How does it work so far?

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2006, 07:11:58 AM »
I'd be cool if you could list up some more information about yourself, not only registered name and nicknames.
In my opinion, the clan (if the person is in a clan) must/should be displayed.
Further information, like "name", "age", "location", etc. could be listed up as well.

Despite that, the login system as well as all its functions work pretty neat for me. :)
Good job so far!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:49:45 PM by bitmate »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2006, 11:35:24 AM »
Yeah, I plan to add more profile information (email, aim, icq, etc. -- all optional stuff).  Name is already in there.  I need to set up a profile page where all this can be edited, too.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2006, 12:51:21 PM »
Yeah, I plan to add more profile information (email, aim, icq, etc. -- all optional stuff).  Name is already in there.  I need to set up a profile page where all this can be edited, too.
How about copying the stuff that was once entered on the forums (for email, aim, etc.).
Or even connecting those 2 pages, so when you click on "Additional Information" of a player, you get directed on their forum account page?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »
I was thinking of having a forum name option in there, too.  In order to truly get everything linked together, though, I think I'd have to move the forums to the dplogin server.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »
I was thinking of having a forum name option in there, too.  In order to truly get everything linked together, though, I think I'd have to move the forums to the dplogin server.
na, just add the dplogin server's ip to mysql allowed connection list or whatever, then instead of localhost use dpball's ip to connect to the mysql server

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2006, 02:33:02 AM »
I've added a profile section where you can add info about yourself.  Let me know if there's anything else you think I should add or what you think I should work on next.

Also http://www.dplogin.com/ to the secure/insecure versions of the site.  I'd like to think my design is secure enough not to need HTTPS, but it's there if anybody wants it.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the password and email changing are not yet functional, so don't bother trying those.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 03:02:58 AM by jitspoe »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2006, 05:27:41 AM »
Is this data going to be cleared before the system is actually implemented? If not, I can't remember what the hell my password is, and the email I got only contains the activation number, and not password or anything.

Pimp

• VM-68
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2006, 06:13:03 AM »
I'm impressed of your work Jits, really great. I can't wait till the new build is coming and the login system begins to work.

one little problem: i created a clan, then removed myself, i think. now, no one is leader and no one can control the clan. what now? (MeMi)