Author Topic: Disable chase camera on the match servers  (Read 12269 times)

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Disable chase camera on the match servers
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:19:59 AM »
There is one curious thing what I realized... Wouldn't it be better play some match without recon of eliminated players? If he is "dead", than how can he help me??

I'm 99% to forbid chase camera at the match servers for the eliminated players. Because when we are playing some match with good teams who are on "high recon level" (teamspeak, skype and using team say) - the game is getting bored, always is here someone who don't want to encounter with the enemy and always run other side...

Say your opinion...

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: Disable chase camera on the match servers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:49:36 AM »
This was discussed many times I think.. I was for this idea and some people too, but the rest can't even imagine playing without recon..

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 04:39:46 AM »
This is stupid. Recon is part of the game.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 04:51:58 AM »
This would make the match scene so much more interesting.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 07:01:52 AM »
Maybe use the chasecamonly setting.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:32 AM »
I think that playing without recon would annoy the hell out of me. Without recon, some games might be over in a matter of minutes. This would not be fun for either team. I'm not up for it.
And I just made that sound like this was a feature vote and I was against it...

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 07:54:11 AM »
and as almost everyones hacking in this game it doesnt matter if they get recon or not.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 08:03:33 AM »
Well if you think about it this could help in the community finding hacker demos because they shouldn't know where you are unless you're close to them or making a bunch of noise.

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »
Or would increase number of hackusations. Get lucky several times and you are reported. Be better in predicting opponent's movements - you are reported.
Anyways, it's up to admins to enable or disable this option. If you feel like playing without recon, ask an admin to disable chasecam.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 09:11:14 AM »
Many maps are built around the fact that their is recon, without it each game could be a complete tradefest.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:33 AM »
and as almost everyones hacking in this game it doesn't matter if they get recon or not.
And the poor guys that don' hack will have to get wallhacks to be able to get some sort of recon?

There is one curious thing what I realized... Wouldn't it be better play some match without recon of eliminated players? If he is "dead", than how can he help me??

I'm 99% to forbid chase camera at the match servers for the eliminated players. Because when we are playing some match with good teams who are on "high recon level" (teamspeak, skype and using team say) - the game is getting bored, always is here someone who don't want to encounter with the enemy and always run other side...

Being able to recon either is typing or by voice recon is part of the game because some people don't know how to recon as well and you have to adapt to that, also have to listen and interpretate and decide what will be your next move.

always is here someone who don't want to encounter with the enemy and always run other side...
When someone trades on the opponents team trades you have to choose either to meet him at a certain point and to try and eliminate him or to also trade and try caps. If you didn't get recon you would have people hiding in spots waiting for someone to pass by and backshot them, plus trying to prevent caps is harder since you have no idea where your opp is.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
Many maps are built around the fact that their is recon, without it each game could be a complete tradefest.

Don't play those maps?

I think this is a great idea! Also, it would be wise to enable gun temp.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 02:00:18 PM »
And the poor guys that don' hack will have to get wallhacks to be able to get some sort of recon?

thats not my point. i meant disabling the chasecam would be senseless cause of the hackers and it would give a disadvantage to those who dont hack.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
Don't play those maps?

I think this is a great idea! Also, it would be wise to enable gun temp.

Well for starters almost every map with two flags, pp1 even if players trade 'speed' jumps

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 02:01:06 AM »
I belive players who really hack will get bans, so this problem is gone... Also as Blaa wrote: it would be wise to enable gun temp - I Agree with that for 100%, because it's terrible to play against someone who has to pick ammo every minute... Players could get better reflex and aim too if they wouldn't line 85% of play time...

Forbid the chasing for the eliminated players would made this game much more interesting during the match. I'm really curious what Jitspoe will say :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 02:32:29 AM »
But, but... removing chasecams would force matchers to do more than just move, jump, and shoot! They'd... they'd have to think and play strategically! Good luck getting this past those guys.

Anyway, obsblackout already exists. Lock-to-team-chasecam-only (whatever it's called) already exists. But no one plays with them because no one wants to. When some kind of global stats system gets implemented, maybe some standards can be (optionally) enforced on servers. For example, pub/individual stats could only count on servers running a more pub-friendly, standardized config, while clan match stats would only be recorded on competitive servers.

Until then, people will play what they want to play. And the current clan folk seem to have little to no interest in enforcing competitive settings on match servers.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 06:06:47 AM »
Nice idea alltogether, if it would be implemented I'd might start playing more.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 06:54:31 AM »
But, but... removing chasecams would force matchers to do more than just move, jump, and shoot! They'd... they'd have to think and play strategically! Good luck getting this past those guys.
THIS MEANS I WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE TO... to... to... think. :(
I can't tell you HOW many times I've been playing propaint1 in a 2v2 and one person on each team dies, and the two alive have flags, and I'm stuck in the base and the people are waiting outside in the main and I have survived with recon. By doing obs blackout you are taking out 1/2 of the game.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2009, 07:58:57 AM »
THIS MEANS I WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE TO... to... to... think. :(
I can't tell you HOW many times I've been playing propaint1 in a 2v2 and one person on each team dies, and the two alive have flags, and I'm stuck in the base and the people are waiting outside in the main and I have survived with recon. By doing obs blackout you are taking out 1/2 of the game.

listening skills would help, but as Eiii said, that would make people think and have to actually play strategically. Which seems to be such a pain.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2009, 09:32:26 AM »
listening skills would help, but as Eiii said, that would make people think and have to actually play strategically. Which seems to be such a pain.

Good teams play smart and strategize WITH recon.