Author Topic: Disable chase camera on the match servers  (Read 12268 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Disable chase camera on the match servers
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 09:43:05 AM »
If you couldn't recon it would just be a capfest. In a 1 on 1 situation with the flags, whoever is winning will just go hide somewhere near mid, so when his team revives he rushes in, forcing the other guy to sit on their 1 or rush out before the revives. Having this would force more camping and slower pace gameplay aswell as people to hide in stupid spots. [which already happens but with recon you can find them]

Having recon you use strategy. If you have numbers on the opponents and you have a guy dead reconning where they are, you can set up an attack to grab based on the what the opponent is doing. You still think with recon, infact you probably think more. With recon you know where the opponent is going, so you think of the best way to get him or if you have a chance to cap/grab. Without recon would be more sit on flag spraying everywhere. Then all these 10 path maps you have to think... hmmm which outta these 10 paths would he have taken? How does that help your thinking? With recon you know the path so you think.. Whats the best way to cut him off before he can cap?

With no recon, the maps chosen would be horrible gameplay. Pbcup_pforest wouldn't get played or carpathian due to the paths and teamwork needed. It would be maps like blitz and airtime. If you watch good clans play, they all use teamwork. They have strategy in their gameplay. They set up where to go, they take advantage of when they have the man up.

The arguement against could be: People just run to grab and if they die they just tell their team where the opponents are. But if he does that, the team is down a player, so the opponents have the upper hand. I can garantee most teams would love to start every round man up. Cause then you can take advantage of it and assume they wouldnt rush your base [unless your playing hyphy :) ].

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 09:47:21 AM »
Dude this is gonna be good for DP, because everyone needs to have skills @ shock and shz33!! (Sarcasm...)

1v3 in maps like pbcup_pforest, pbcup_renoir and carpathian for example, these situations are unthinkable without recon, it's too easy to get capped on.

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 06:59:15 PM »
Don't you mean this ISNT gonna be good for DP?

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
Still didn't catch the sarcasm?

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
Rofl. I'm an idiot, what can I say.
Sarcasm is very hard to catch without hearing something. And no I will NOT get on vent to hear someone say "Dude this is gonna be good for DP"

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 04:53:48 AM »
cvar_set chasecamonly 1

If you want to play with this setting, than you could also play with flagmustbeatbase 1 and you shouldnt play these speed ice maps

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2009, 05:04:05 AM »
Give recon to your partner by following your enemy is allright, but WTF chase cam? This thing is totally unreal. Players who all the time get recon can't predict any situation, because they are too used to have always some recon... Take a think about it... All players should be able to evolve empathy to his enemy - and when you made it, you don't need any recon of ur partner.. :-)

You can evolve this sence by playing 1 on 1 - I know what I'm talking about

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2009, 06:33:52 AM »
1v3 in maps like pbcup_pforest, pbcup_renoir and carpathian for example, these situations are unthinkable without recon, it's too easy to get capped on.

Yes, those are situations that are very hard to get out of alive without pseudo-wallhacks. That's why, as a team, you should collectively try to avoid those situations!

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »
It's sad to see most people rely on recon THAT much, they wouldn't do so great in most other games.

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 07:33:15 AM »
this is merry idea, if will be this idea realized then too many players will use WH and game will lost real strategy and it will be game only about luck..

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 07:52:45 AM »
I don't know why ranger even started this topic. It isn't going to happen because no one wants it to except for like... skitzo and ranger so...

EDIT: I forgot about rick, abnormal, blaa and edgecrusher.

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 07:59:48 AM »
i think its a good idea and probably better game play... would anybody like anything different for once ??

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2009, 08:02:43 AM »
I wouldn't in this case. Playing without recon is hard nook and I'm not up for the challenge. :P

christik

• PGP
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »
Everybody can have good aim,jump skills but only good clans(with nice recon) have tactic.Matches are better then pub, because u have recon and u must think.i think if u realize this thing everybody(who is alone vs for examle 3 opponents) will sit on flag because he hasnt got recon and he is scary to get them.recon makes this game interesting.
btw: on 4 flag maps(prolandr for example) if u have good and a bit clever opponent and no recon, they cap on you

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 01:38:38 PM »
Everybody can have good aim,jump skills but only good clans(with nice recon) have tactic.Matches are better then pub, because u have recon and u must think.i think if u realize this thing everybody(who is alone vs for examle 3 opponents) will sit on flag because he hasnt got recon and he is scary to get them.recon makes this game interesting.
btw: on 4 flag maps(prolandr for example) if u have good and a bit clever opponent and no recon, they cap on you

they wonät sit on flag.

why? Because if chase camera would be disabled, and gun temp added, and flagmustbeatbase enabled (forced), then it would only mean that it can only get better and pr0nades (also known as merrynades or primednades LOL!!)will be banned as well. So sitting on flag is useless!! LOL!

and why the intercourse are you talking about getting capped so much? You get capped on proland with recon as well. because trhat map is satan. Thats it.

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 02:07:02 PM »
if chasecam was disabled, guntemp added and flagmustbeatbase enabled it would make the game suck waaaaaaaay more than it already does

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »
you should vote for better maps..

PAST:  just 1 -way maps, that was very horrible to play, cause if you got the lead, you just camp it up.
At the moment: A lot of beta maps with 229 ways to get the flag, which you can grab with ice jumps.. I dont wanna cry here, that these maps are just merry, cause we are losing them, but these ice jumps maps are just weird and silly.
Future: Hopefully, sth good :)

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2009, 05:41:47 PM »
i think if u realize this thing everybody(who is alone vs for examle 3 opponents) will sit on flag because he hasnt got recon and he is scary to get them.recon makes this game interesting.

I can't disagree more. Your reaction to a 1v3 situation of 'well I'd better just sit on the flag so they can't get it' is moronic and suicidal, assuming you're actually trying to win the round.

btw, guntemp is dumb. Nothing wrong with spraying. Flagmustbeatbase could go either way... it'd create some interesting situations to play through, but it'd also prolong lots of rounds (which isn't a bad thing, but it'll make the ADD kids cry even more).

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2009, 12:09:06 AM »
with flagsmustbeatbase and player-blackout, a player whose team is in the lead can just grab the flags and hide for the whole rest of the match, making it really boring and stupid.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2009, 12:55:18 AM »
with flagsmustbeatbase and player-blackout, a player whose team is in the lead can just grab the flags and hide for the whole rest of the match, making it really boring and stupid.

Well, right now, the leading team can just 'hide' in their base and waste time. Same concept, different way.