Author Topic: Disable chase camera on the match servers  (Read 12259 times)

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
Re: Disable chase camera on the match servers
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:28 AM »
with flagsmustbeatbase and player-blackout, a player whose team is in the lead can just grab the flags and hide for the whole rest of the match, making it really boring and stupid.

What's wrong when you must find your enemy? He will not get even better recon than you. You know all players has to watch their back or someone take a chance and shoot him to his back. You must not always rely on your partner's recon... Find your enemy together (one alive and one or more who are you "in this time" eliminated) but not only by pressing one push-button... That's funny.. :-D

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2009, 06:29:03 AM »
Why the hell did you even come up with this idea ranger?

EDIT: When you were talking about playing with people with a high recon level, why dont you just get the stuff they have? Or you could just choose not to match them because if you have bad recon and they have good recon, you know you are going to be adding a loss in the future.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2009, 07:31:17 AM »
What's wrong when you must find your enemy? He will not get even better recon than you. You know all players has to watch their back or someone take a chance and shoot him to his back. You must not always rely on your partner's recon... Find your enemy together (one alive and one or more who are you "in this time" eliminated) but not only by pressing one push-button... That's funny.. :-D

Imagine all the east european players hiding behind barrels and boxes, changing the place every round. You can find em sometimes with recon, but without??

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2009, 07:57:53 AM »
 Why are you guys so afraid of this?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
Why are you guys so afraid of this?

Because it's a new concept, not only that but it's a new concept that involves changing the gameplay of the matches.

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »
guys, you can start server with this settings and play together

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »
Bad idea.. I really really hope this doesn't get implemented. It'll stop 50% of the community playing.

I agree with Santander. If you want this so badly, you create a server and you keep those settings.

Good luck finding someone to match you on those settings, though.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »
Bad idea.. I really really hope this doesn't get implemented. It'll stop 50% of the community playing.

I agree with Santander. If you want this so badly, you create a server and you keep those settings.

Good luck finding someone to match you on those settings, though.

have you ever even played any other game where a scrim has no recon? It's alot more of a challenge than the crap this match scene goes through.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »
I'd be all for this, but then the map choices would have to be smarter for newer teams. Most veteran teams and players know the strategies for maps, while newer players would be capped on multiple times without ever seeing their enemy.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2009, 12:09:47 AM »
I don't understand you guys. Why are you so much conservative?? Without "recon" of your mother you wouldn't be able to get up to school :d

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:00 AM »
It'd be like the ball speed change.  Players in the upper side of the community would have to get used to it.  Tactics would have to change, etc, just as their aim had to change.  If it were to be a server side setting, then I wouldn't really care, as players could choose which way to play. 

Eg.  2 match servers have it enabled, and 2 don't have it enabled.

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2009, 04:30:36 AM »
back to the old ballspeed!

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »
back to the old ballspeed!

What ballspeed is now? - And what ballspeed was what we used to play with? I don't remember...?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2009, 09:53:29 AM »
What ballspeed is now? - And what ballspeed was what we used to play with? I don't remember...?
ball_speed from 2790 (300 fps) to 2660 (285 fps)

Maybe this is it.. I read in that topic that it wasn't changed for the first time.

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2009, 10:29:28 AM »
I have never noticed this change... But when you line some place, more players could go through line and survive :/
I'm too for old ball speed :-))))

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2009, 01:20:12 PM »
When did they change it?

pheeks

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
Haha I use the search button, I just didn't think of it at the time.