Author Topic: [Bug] sky hr4 download doesn't work  (Read 1755 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
[Bug] sky hr4 download doesn't work
« on: September 06, 2009, 12:01:27 PM »
If i have the low res sky textures, it doesn't download the hr4 textures from the server.

It shouldn't work for "textures/pball/hr4", but why not for "env/hr4"?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: [Bug] sky hr4 download doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:01:40 AM »
If you have the textures (high or low res), it won't attempt to download them.  Did you mean to say if you don't have the sky textures, it will download the low res versions from the server, even if high res versions are available?

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:58:10 AM »
If you have the textures (high or low res), it won't attempt to download them.

OK, i thought it should download the hr4 textures everytime if they are available on the server and if i enabled them. And only the "textures/pball/hr4" folder is blocked, that people don't download a lot of **** textures automatically.

Did you mean to say if you don't have the sky textures, it will download the low res versions from the server, even if high res versions are available?

No, that works fine :)

Found another sky thing. The normal download works, but it doesn't load the sky textures, if u played the map before u download the sky.
Example:
- rename the env folder
- start the game and enable hr4 textures
- load the map siegecastle ("map siegecastle" in console)
- connect to a server, where they play siegecastle
- it loads a few map things and the sky download starts
- if its done, u can play the map. but without a sky. the files are in the right folder, but the game doesn't load it.

I don't know, if they come with the game, but i have hr4 sky textures from pbsky3, pbsky4, riverscape and sand. Are more hr4 sky textures available somewhere?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »
I think pbsky3, pbsky4, riverscape are the only ones I've made currently.

The problem with auto-downloading hr4 textures if you already have the low-res textures is that it will have to try every single time, even if the server doesn't have the textures available.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:32:12 AM »
If u want to add it, here is the sand sky (low and high res) made by Zorchenhimer: ftp://otb-server.de/pub/sky_sand.zip