Author Topic: Request: Man Hunt/ Hide and Seek  (Read 4240 times)

tyromaniac

• PGP
Request: Man Hunt/ Hide and Seek
« on: October 15, 2009, 02:39:36 PM »
If anything, it should be somewhat easy to make as a programmer.

All that is needed is: a) set defensive team without guns or at least ammo
b) set time limit
c) configure it to a point system where running into an area when on defense gives your team a point.(maybe the flag area is the score area, therefore an automatic point when touched)
d) the point system could be developed somehow

and yes, I have seen this posted but I still think it would be fun to see it implemented. If anything, I am voting for that idea.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: Request: Man Hunt/ Hide and Seek
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »
This isn't Call of duty.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »
This isn't Call of duty.

Well done! Not only have you dismissed a new idea with an annoying, age-old repeated argument, but the argument you picked is completely meaningless when used in this context! It's almost as if you didn't even read this post before replying! Well, at least your post count went up, so there's at least one benefit!

d) the point system could be developed somehow

Please elabourate on this - the scoring is based on how long the weaponless team can stay in an area without being eliminated?

GohanOneKnife

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:06:50 PM »
Well done! Not only have you dismissed a new idea with an annoying, age-old repeated argument, but the argument you picked is completely meaningless when used in this context! It's almost as if you didn't even read this post before replying! Well, at least your post count went up, so there's at least one benefit!

Please elabourate on this - the scoring is based on how long the weaponless team can stay in an area without being eliminated?

my uk brotha viciouz have right.i like tyromaniac idea! why u kyuchi young child post 4 postcount.

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:11:00 AM »
What you request, seems a lot like siege mode but without running away with the flag. Maybe you mean like that:

Two teams, each has their countdown timer set in the beginning. One is unarmed, another is. Before armed team eliminates unarmed team, unarmed team's countdown goes down. And then swap.

First to reach zero wins.

Like:

Beginning: team A - 10min, team B - 10min

Team A: armed for the round, team B: unarmed

It took 2 mins to eliminate whole team B. So at the end team A. So timer A: 10min, timer B: 8min.

Now swap - team A unarmed, team B armed

It took 3 mins to eliminate whole team A. So:  timer A: 7 min, timer B: 8 min

And so on, until one team reaches zero.

I like that idea. Much like "Last man standing" mode.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
Well this mode would suck and last man standing too imo - cause the last one who usually survives is some noob who can't even get out of spawn or got stuck somewhere.
But I think that for example some monsterhunt - like in Unreal Tournament wouldn't be bad :) - but there would have to be some new maps with some suitable and configured bots with different textures and it's utopic too..

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »
yea i agree with abnormal a little bit about the last mand standing with the newb getting stuck in the spawn, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to set a time limit. But on some maps like Grave or Siegecastle etc.. there is a time limit and it doesn't really ruin the map it just makes everyone hurry up and not camp or what not.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 05:41:39 AM »
But on some maps like Grave or Siegecastle etc.. there is a time limit and it doesn't really ruin the map it just makes everyone hurry up and not camp or what not.

Cause it's a siege mod. It's something different

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
woahh, something changed while I was gone...

This seems quite hard to map, what with 1 hit kills and all. it seems like f you have certain spots, then there wouldn't be a lot of skill involved, and in a pub it would be horrible, just a load of noobs on your team.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
Hardly any game modes get played outside of CTF, so I'm kind of hesitant to add new game modes.  I think this game mode needs to be defined better before putting it up for a vote.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 04:56:57 PM »
I've played hide and seek successfully on ctf mode. I don't think there is a large enough crowd wanting to play it to make it used enough for the trouble of making a new gamemode tho.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 03:13:13 PM »
Hardly any game modes get played outside of CTF, so I'm kind of hesitant to add new game modes.  I think this game mode needs to be defined better before putting it up for a vote.

Just look at halo 3's infection gamemode, that probaly would be the best way to do it for this game