Author Topic: DM mode  (Read 1437 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
DM mode
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:46:02 PM »
Hi

When I play offline, and i want to play on map dm i type "map balblabla.bsp DM" and DM mode don't work =/ What i should do?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: DM mode
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
1. not .bsp
2. map dont work with gamemode

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 02:15:41 AM »
You can select the DM mode when starting a map from the main menu, otherwise you can use the "newmap" command instead of "map" once a map is already loaded.

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 03:37:53 AM »
You can select the DM mode when starting a map from the main menu, otherwise you can use the "newmap" command instead of "map" once a map is already loaded.

Whoo thanks :D It works ;)

You can close the thread.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 03:41:16 AM »

Does that imply that the gamemode variable only works with the "newmap" command?

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »
Does that imply that the gamemode variable only works with the "newmap" command?

Yes..
map is a general purpose loader (maps, demos, images) that's in the engine exe. I think that the newmap command was originally added to the gamedll so that server admins had a way to change maps using op login, rather than rcon. The option for gamemode was added later.