Author Topic: Committee  (Read 11858 times)

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Committee
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:02:45 AM »
Committee

So, I've probably started a massive flame thread here, where each Committee Members "e-friends" will back them up saying "No, no you're wrong" etc. But let me share my thoughts on the current committee members, their decision making and the committee as a whole.

In no particular order:

Cola
Gamabunta
oNd (formerly Death)
Filp
Asthor
Zimtstern
Cameron
Justinph5
Henrod
Superman

More details to come.  I haven't gotten the permissions set yet.

As you see in the above quote, they are the current Committee members. I was recently searching the memberslist to see when each member was last active.. Here's a few I was pretty shocked about:

Quote from: oNd
Name:  oNd
Position:  Committee Member
Date Registered:  March 12, 2007, 03:28:20 PM
Last Active:  October 18, 2009, 02:43:05 PM

Quote from: SuperMAn
Name:  SuperMAn
Date Registered:  September 02, 2005, 06:39:07 PM
Last Active:  January 21, 2010, 01:02:09 AM

Quote from: coLa
Name:  coLa
Date Registered:  August 06, 2006, 07:59:24 PM
Last Active:  January 17, 2010, 09:02:29 PM

Some people are going to say soon "Not everyone checks the forums every day like Kyuuchi does,
people have a life too" blah blah blah. Allow me to quote their applications from the nominating
thread.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

I'm online at least 3-5 hours everyday. So probably that much.

How much time per week would you be willing to dedicate to resolving issues brought up to the committee?

- Every day.

Superman's application was editted.. Hm..

Anyway, this just shows that the commitment of some committee members just isn't good enough.
People have said they'd be online every day when on the committee, but they clearly aren't.
This could be holding back some decisions, causing the whole process to be backed up, and then
getting the public annoyed. Personally, I think jitspoe should remove the inactive committee
members from the committee, go back to the "Seeking Committee Volunteers" thread, and pick
some more members. There are a few good committee members also, Gamabunta and Asthor for
example. I check their profiles and they have been active generally every day. This is how the
committee should be..

Also, I'm pretty pissed off that Rick has been unbanned. I don't give a fuqk about him being
an "honest" distibutor, who gave himself up. That doesn't wash in my eyes. He still cheated.
He still broke the rules. In my opinion, ban times should never be removed. Never. If you
cheat/hack/modify/distribute stuff or do anything that's against the rules, you should be
punished and that punishment should stand. I also think that this has happened due to a biased
committee. Henrod, Justinph5 and Cameron. All good buddies of Rick. Also clanmates of Rick,
they obviously thought "Hmm, let's get Rick unbanned! Yeahh! Lets do it!!" they obviously set
up a poll in the committee members section, with options "Reduce ban, Remove ban, Keep ban"
I bet jitspoe didn't actually create the thread, but anyway. Rick should be banned. I have
nothing against Rick, just the fact that the committee unban him because he's their bud.
I don't care what the members have to say about this, it's obvious in my eyes.

Having the option to remove bans should be gone. They broke the rules, the punishment should stand.

[/thread]

(Btw, I wrote this up in notepad which is why there's a kinda column-style to the thread...)

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Committee
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:54 AM »
i bet u think u should be in the commitee

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:50 AM »
I never said that anywhere. I think jitspoe should rethink the committee members, that is all.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 08:17:51 AM »
i dont think he cares that u think that he should rethink something ok ?

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »
I have to agree with you in the first case. I'm not sure how much was the rick's justify manipulated so I can't say much to this - I didn't even know that he is unbanned.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 08:26:52 AM »
I do agree with Kyuuchi about the Inactive members should get replaced. It makes things take so much longer when there are a few inactive guys on it. That's why the committee usually starts out really fast, but then after a year it's back to the same slowness. People quit/go inactive/go to university/get a job etc..  so it's nothing against them or anything, but it shouldn't be taking months to figure out a multi account because of lack of votes.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
there s already a thread in the committee section to replace ondramh with another east european.
but the rest is ok we got enough.

EDIT: ideas for ondramh? :)

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
I do agree with Kyuuchi about the Inactive members should get replaced.

+1

It's unacceptable that it takes up to weeks (and in some cases months!!) to ban people for hacking. Please get some active members, or totally stop with the commitee and give Jitspoe back the responsibility. Another idea might be to reduce the commitee back to 4-5 (ACTIVE) members

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:25:22 AM »
I think T3RR0R15T and perhaps 1-2 more should replace the inactive committee members..

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
+1

It's unacceptable that it takes up to weeks (and in some cases months!!) to ban people for hacking. Please get some active members, or totally stop with the commitee and give Jitspoe back the responsibility. Another idea might be to reduce the commitee back to 4-5 (ACTIVE) members

Asthor
Zimtstern
Cameron
Justinph5
Henrod
+-Gamabunta

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »
Still 3 s2k members in the committee. Still the problem of the committee being biased.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Still 3 s2k members in the committee. Still the problem of the committee being biased.

Kyuuchi, what exactly is the point of your topic? The (partial) inactiviness of the current commitee? Or the fact that you have personal reasons to disagree with Rick's unbanning?

If it's the activity matter, I agree the inactive members should be removed from the commitee. If you think you make a chance to replace them... grow hair on different places than your head and come back in 3 years

Dukky

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 11:25:33 AM »
Still 10 humans in the commitee. Still the problem of the commitee being biased.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 11:28:31 AM »
The point of the topic is the fact that the committee members are biased, and the fact that some members aren't active. I never ever said I wanted to replace them, so stop putting words into my mouth. I'm just offering my feedback, oh, and good one about growing hair. Really funny. I chuckled.

Santader

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
who is ondramh ??? ??? ?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 12:48:53 PM »
Okay, heres my opinion of the current committee and who should be replaced:

Cola : Inactive, For somebody who is online '3-5' hours daily, he never manages to get on the forums. Also, doesn't play dp anymore. Should be replaced.

Gamabunta : I see him alot, he pubs, matches, and comes on the forums. I think I heard something about him only being able to be on weekends? But I still find him active, easy to reach, idles irc etc..

oNd (formerly Death) : outta curiousity, did he quit before even knowing he was on the committee? He never used the forums. I know he got in because he can speak czech and all, but hes useless to have in the committee.

Flip: I don't see him that often. I rarely even see him on IRC. So I don't know if he's active in the committee section, but he's certainly not active around the community.

Asthor: Doesn't go on IRC anymore, but I guess he's active in the committee section of forums, and speaks multiple languages?

Zimtstern: Active in the community, easy to reach etc.

Cameron: Active in the forums, not so much in the community. But always has good posts trying to help people. It's hard with his time difference to reach over IRC, but easy with forum msg's.

Justinph5: Active on forums aswell as IRC.

Henrod: Active on forums and IRC, and in my opinion the easiest person to get a hold of in the committee.

Superman: I think he quit dp? He's been going less active for a while, and I haven't seen him really for a month or so.

So outta the committee:

4 of 10 participate actively in the match scene. (Gamabunta/Henrod/Jusu/Zimtstern)
4 of 10 participate actively in the pub scene. (Gamabunta/Henrod/Jusu/Zimtstern)
6 or 7 of 10 participate actively in the Forums. (Gamabunta/Henrod/Jusu/Zimtstern/Cameron/Gamabunta/Asthor??)
4 of 10 are easy to reach over IRC. (Gamabunta/Henrod/Jusu/Zimtstern)
3? of 10 Speak multiple languages. (oNd/Asthor/Zimtstern)

That's just my opinion. But it shouldn't be taking weeks for alot of the voting to occur. People have better things to do then dp, so they go inactive. But once they go inactive for months, they should be removed and replaced by active people contributing to the community.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 01:21:02 PM »
I think T3RR0R15T and perhaps 1-2 more should replace the inactive committee members..

I was, but my english is too bad to discuss with the other members.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 02:15:23 PM »
oooooooo i wanna be a comittee member :D

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 02:16:19 PM »
 i thinksed jits in comitay bcuz he mede dis game and excrement

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:24:59 PM »
rofl blaa.. are u saying that only jits should be the comittee?!