Author Topic: Committee  (Read 12045 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Committee
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
To keep it clean, I won't say much.  But to clear things up, Jitspoe created the thread because Rick asked for it to be reduced, and Jitspoe created the poll options.  Also for the inactive members, yes, they are inactive, but they made those commitments uhh, 9-10 months ago.  Things change over time, remember.

I'll make a thread in the committee about inactive members.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 06:27:55 PM »
To keep it clean, I won't say much.  But to clear things up, Jitspoe created the thread because Rick asked for it to be reduced, and Jitspoe created the poll options.  Also for the inactive members, yes, they are inactive, but they made those commitments uhh, 9-10 months ago.  Things change over time, remember.

I'll make a thread in the committee about inactive members.

Thanks for clearing that up about Rick.
@Jitspoe, what the hell? Why are you allowing people's ban times to be reduced? Come on man. A ban is a ban, and bans should stand.. If a mass murderer goes round killing 10 people, and the police don't know who the murderer is, and the murderer turns himself in, does that mean he gets out of a long prison sentence? I think not.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 07:32:40 PM »
@Jitspoe, what the hell? Why are you allowing people's ban times to be reduced? Come on man. A ban is a ban, and bans should stand.. If a mass murderer goes round killing 10 people, and the police don't know who the murderer is, and the murderer turns himself in, does that mean he gets out of a long prison sentence? I think not.

You can't really compare DP to real life situations. It's a GAME.

BUT

I served a certain amount of time and I'm now on parole. If I do anything bad I will be shot by the deathsquad. k.

Also, I'm pretty pissed off that Rick has been unbanned. I don't give a fuqk about him being
an "honest" distibutor, who gave himself up. That doesn't wash in my eyes. He still cheated.
He still broke the rules. In my opinion, ban times should never be removed. Never. If you
cheat/hack/modify/distribute stuff or do anything that's against the rules, you should be
punished and that punishment should stand. I also think that this has happened due to a biased
committee. Henrod, Justinph5 and Cameron. All good buddies of Rick. Also clanmates of Rick,
they obviously thought "Hmm, let's get Rick unbanned! Yeahh! Lets do it!!" they obviously set
up a poll in the committee members section, with options "Reduce ban, Remove ban, Keep ban"
I bet jitspoe didn't actually create the thread, but anyway. Rick should be banned. I have
nothing against Rick, just the fact that the committee unban him because he's their bud.
I don't care what the members have to say about this, it's obvious in my eyes.
[/thread]

Geez, it definately sounds like you have something against me.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 09:38:03 PM »
Hi Superfriends!!! I'd like to address all of Kyuuchi's VALID concerns addressed in this thread. Most of his personal opinions based on speculation will be disregarded, although I will address certain issues where I was personally named.

Personally, I think jitspoe should remove the inactive committee members from the committee, go back to the "Seeking Committee Volunteers" thread, and pick some more members.

Doubt anyone will argue with this logic. There is currently a committee topic on the matter and it will be resolved ASAP.

Both your points are valid Kyuuchi and pvtjimmy, although you seem to have little comprehension of what the Committee actually does or how the process actually works. The current Committee inherited a tremendous amount of work and while we do our best, we prioritize our time to make sure that really important matters are handled first. Other than multi-accounts, I don't see any other issues being “held up” in our forum. We have absolutely no control over how long it takes to ban someone after our suggestion to Jitspoe is submitted. As far as how long it takes Jitspoe to do things, you have to remember that he only has a certain amount of time to spend on this game and if I were him, multi-accounts would be the very last thing I'd want to spend my time on. I'm sure you can understand that.

Henrod, Justinph5 and Cameron. All good buddies of Rick. Also clanmates of Rick,they obviously thought "Hmm, let's get Rick unbanned! Yeahh! Lets do it!!" they obviously set up a poll in the committee members section, with options "Reduce ban, Remove ban, Keep ban" I bet jitspoe didn't actually create the thread.

Again you are acting solely on assumptions and have no real comprehension of the situation. Jitspoe created the thread and offered several options for the Committee. After looking at the issue, the Committee made a recommendation to Jitspoe on the matter. There were many factors that each Committee member weighed before making his own personal decision to vote for whatever he felt was proper and fair. This was treated just like any other thread that comes our way because that is our assignment as Committee members.

Kyuuchi you seem to be taking this all very personally. In what looks like about 70 lines of text, you have one well constructed thought about inactive members being replaced. The rest is riddled with speculation and opinion. Every one of your posts in this thread is complied of “The committee should”, “Jitspoe should”, “It's obvious”, “I think”, or “My opinion”. I understand that the forums are a public place that encourages all of us to share our thoughts and I think that is great. However, every one of your opinions and speculations is stated as fact, not allowing any room for discussion. Who are you to tell people what should be, in regards to the Committee, when you obviously have very little comprehension of what we do or the process involved? I'm sorry if that is harsh but I believe that it matches the tone of your posts. My suggestion to you is to truly grasp that this is just a game. Its not worth getting this upset over. Please for your own sanity, smoke a bowl and remember why you love playing this game. It is, after all, the best CTF any of us have ever played.

It's unacceptable that it takes up to weeks (and in some cases months!!) to ban people for hacking. Please get some active members, or totally stop with the commitee and give Jitspoe back the responsibility. Another idea might be to reduce the commitee back to 4-5 (ACTIVE) members

I challenge you to find a case of a hacker being reported and banned that took months to resolve with this Committee. Multi-accounting is not hacking and takes last on the list of importance for most  members.

As for your other suggestion of a 4-5 person Committee, I would respond by asking if you think that 4-5 person Committee  is a large enough sampling of our entire community to make proper decisions. The point of having 10 members is to have 10 different points of view, so as not to alienate certain groups or people. Also the voting process would be ridiculous. In a four or five person Committee, it would only take three votes to ban someone. Do you have three people in this game that dislike you? What if they were on the Committee? Do you think that would be fair in any way, shape or form?

Still 10 humans in the commitee. Still the problem of the commitee being biased.

Excellent and concise post. I'd buy you a beer for that one.

In summation we have an excellent Committee with excellent active members. We do not always agree on every issue and that is because we are ten individuals, each trying to maintain our own unique perspective. That is our assignment, and we do it to the best of our abilities.

If anyone decides to post in regards to any of what I said, I would appreciate factual posts or legitimate inquiries.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »
Kyuuchi I guess its still not clear for you about Rick. The reason his ban was originally so high was because of me and another member. The thread was made about Rick, and SOME information was put in about him. I believed this was all the information there was, and made my vote based on that information, along with the other member with me.

Everyone started agreeing with us and our decision on the ban and voting on it. That was when I researched and found out there was more to his story, that we didn't know at the time. I voiced it to the committee (and the other original member agreed with me), but at that time it was too late, and the votes had been decided and implemented.

Ever since Rick had gotten banned, there has been discussion about reducing his ban, since we didn't have all of the info at the time we decided the first ban. It's not that we just one day decided to reduce his ban because we liked him or any of the such, it started after we learned more information, and took MONTHS of discussion before we decided.

There you have it, even though I was his friend, even I gave him the ban I thought he deserved at the time, it was only after all the facts were in that I decided his ban was wrong, not because that I'm his friend.

DANG HENROD YOU BEAT ME TO IT! :P

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
Hi Superfriends!!! I'd like to address all of Kyuuchi's VALID concerns addressed in this thread. Most of his personal opinions based on speculation will be disregarded, although I will address certain issues where I was personally named.

Doubt anyone will argue with this logic. There is currently a committee topic on the matter and it will be resolved ASAP.

Both your points are valid Kyuuchi and pvtjimmy, although you seem to have little comprehension of what the Committee actually does or how the process actually works. The current Committee inherited a tremendous amount of work and while we do our best, we prioritize our time to make sure that really important matters are handled first. Other than multi-accounts, I don't see any other issues being “held up” in our forum. We have absolutely no control over how long it takes to ban someone after our suggestion to Jitspoe is submitted. As far as how long it takes Jitspoe to do things, you have to remember that he only has a certain amount of time to spend on this game and if I were him, multi-accounts would be the very last thing I'd want to spend my time on. I'm sure you can understand that.

Again you are acting solely on assumptions and have no real comprehension of the situation. Jitspoe created the thread and offered several options for the Committee. After looking at the issue, the Committee made a recommendation to Jitspoe on the matter. There were many factors that each Committee member weighed before making his own personal decision to vote for whatever he felt was proper and fair. This was treated just like any other thread that comes our way because that is our assignment as Committee members.

Kyuuchi you seem to be taking this all very personally. In what looks like about 70 lines of text, you have one well constructed thought about inactive members being replaced. The rest is riddled with speculation and opinion. Every one of your posts in this thread is complied of “The committee should”, “Jitspoe should”, “It's obvious”, “I think”, or “My opinion”. I understand that the forums are a public place that encourages all of us to share our thoughts and I think that is great. However, every one of your opinions and speculations is stated as fact, not allowing any room for discussion. Who are you to tell people what should be, in regards to the Committee, when you obviously have very little comprehension of what we do or the process involved? I'm sorry if that is harsh but I believe that it matches the tone of your posts. My suggestion to you is to truly grasp that this is just a game. Its not worth getting this upset over. Please for your own sanity, smoke a bowl and remember why you love playing this game. It is, after all, the best CTF any of us have ever played.

I challenge you to find a case of a hacker being reported and banned that took months to resolve with this Committee. Multi-accounting is not hacking and takes last on the list of importance for most  members.

As for your other suggestion of a 4-5 person Committee, I would respond by asking if you think that 4-5 person Committee  is a large enough sampling of our entire community to make proper decisions. The point of having 10 members is to have 10 different points of view, so as not to alienate certain groups or people. Also the voting process would be ridiculous. In a four or five person Committee, it would only take three votes to ban someone. Do you have three people in this game that dislike you? What if they were on the Committee? Do you think that would be fair in any way, shape or form?

Excellent and concise post. I'd buy you a beer for that one.

In summation we have an excellent Committee with excellent active members. We do not always agree on every issue and that is because we are ten individuals, each trying to maintain our own unique perspective. That is our assignment, and we do it to the best of our abilities.

If anyone decides to post in regards to any of what I said, I would appreciate factual posts or legitimate inquiries.

Thanks, I suppose I'll leave the Rick situation. I still find Rick being unbanned unfair, but that's my opinion. So, I don't really want to keep talking about Rick, as it will eventually turn into a flame-war...

So, thanks Henrod.

Leriq

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 08:54:51 AM »
Thanks, I suppose I\'ll leave the Rick situation. I still find Rick being unbanned unfair, but that\'s my opinion. So, I don\'t really want to keep talking about Rick, as it will eventually turn into a flame-war...

So, thanks Henrod.

I know people are not comparing to real life; although, sentences can change, or even be dismissed, as new evidence arises.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »

The committee voted on the initial ban time (1024 days).  I let them vote on reducing it as well.  This isn't the first time the committee has voted on a ban time change.  As for your analogy, I'm sure there are several cases where prison sentences have been adjusted, though I don't feel like looking them up.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:09 PM »
Rick is unbanned? Im not gonna say anything further then that, Then it would def turn into a flamefest.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »
I don't think it would turn into a flamefest. It is all clearly explained in our previous posts. I welcome any questions and will answer them to the best of my ability. However, I beleive everything you need to know is addressed above.

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »
Leave aussie alone.

FREE AUSTRALIA!

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:09 PM »

Ever since Rick had gotten banned, there has been discussion about reducing his ban, since we didn't have all of the info at the time we decided the first ban.

Without divulging any secret committee discussions, etc. can you please answer the following question?

Did Rick in any way shape or form distribute hacks/cheats/modified maps?

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 12:52:01 PM »
everyone can easily contact me via forum msgs. mostly, i only look into the committee section several times a day to vote or to post something. i don't read everything on this forum so i can't answer on most of the threads. thats why some of you might think i'm a bit inactive :p

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 04:31:21 PM »

Without divulging any secret committee discussions, etc. can you please answer the following question?

Did Rick in any way shape or form distribute hacks/cheats/modified maps?

Yes he did and was banned for 1024. Unfortunately not every issue is black and white. Part of the Committee's job is investigating and reporting a recommendation to Jitspoe. As far as I can tell from the previous Committee thread, only 2 people from the entire Committee kept their votes at 1024. Everyone else changed their recommendation to Jitspoe. The current Committee agreed with the majority of the previous one that in this case, the punishment did not fit the crime. Without telling tales out of school, thats the best I can answer your question.
Just like in real life politics, if you don't agree with the way the Committee handles things, it is really important to vote for someone who is more aligned with your point of view. It looks like we have some really good candidates coming up to fill the three openings.

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 01:38:09 AM »
i think ondramh should be replaced and i should go to his place =D

CrazyCooter

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 04:30:23 AM »
how is like 3/6ths of s2k committee members.. should just choose completely different people or something.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 05:33:32 AM »
-s2k.ommittee

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2010, 11:54:31 PM »
This s2gey running a biased committee needs to just go away. I'll be the first to jump out and everyone that every topic we discuss is actually discussed by most members. There has been numerous times where certain clan mates that so happen to be in the committee together disagreed. Shocking isn't it? I do NOT get along with hardly anyone in s2k but maybe a member or two (I have my personal reasons for that) but I will defend them against stupidity. When some of you conspiracy theorist get your turn in the committee you will have the option to review anything that has been discussed in previous committee discussions. So here's one for you.... Put forth an effort, join the committee, drudge through all that there is, find the conspiracy and divulge it to the public to have all of the s2k members hanged. Go for it. If you find such a conspiracy I will quit the game for good (moot point nowadays). Hell, give Kyuuchi my spot on the committee and let him start now.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 09:07:17 AM »
flip dont rage ok =/ ?

Dave

• VM-68
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2010, 01:47:12 PM »
lol flip is corrupt kid#1 in committee