Author Topic: SoFa Pictures COTM February!  (Read 3692 times)

skitzo

• Autococker
SoFa Pictures COTM February!
« on: February 02, 2010, 02:58:11 PM »
SoFa Pictures will start hosting a Clip of the Month competition. The idea is, you guys get a sick ace or shot, have it edited (either by yourself or others), and send it in to the SoFa Pictures team for judging!

Now for the competition part, at the end of each month, SoFa pictures will take the top ten clips and put them together in a compilation and will announce the winners on the forums! Because we would like to add in the compilation, we ask that you hold onto either the demo or the original recording for us to put into the video without your added effects and music/syncing. To avoid any accusations such as "OH SOFAPICTURES EDITIED THAT CLIP OF COURSE THEY WON!", SoFa Pictures will NOT complete any editing requests sent to them. This will be the work of the community, not our video team. All clips should be kept under 1 minute in length, we're looking for miniclips, not complete montages.

If you'd like to participate please either PM Nub or myself, either on the forums or on IRC, or send your clips to sofapictures@live.com . Please post any ideas, suggestions, etc. here for us to improve the competition!

Hope to see some clips,
   The SoFa Pictures Team
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:28:19 PM by skitzo »

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: SoFa Pictures COTM February!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 03:24:58 PM »
Think you should decide on size of the file and such things. I made 30s clip today that weighted 500mb, it's nothing one likes to see.
I propose something like 30fps and up to 1024x768 for settings (fraps), and clip shouldn't be longer than 1 minute. You guys decide on these things, though.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »
Edited for the time constraints, don't want to limit the file size though as it may affect the quality on most videos and won't make it look as good.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:54 PM »
I'd be interesting in participating IF I could get fraps to record over 30fps :p So it runs smooth.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:59:36 AM »
Bump, still looking for clips.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 12:15:37 PM »
It'd be alot more efficient if you just requested say: Top shots of the month. So everyone could participate. Not everyone is familiar or good with programs to edit the shots etc. You'd get way more participation if it was a 'top shots/plays of the month'.

Other then you and shk I know nobody who I could send a clip to and get them to edit it. And since your the judge? and shk is banned, I have nobody to edit it for me. Plus, people will just overedit it and it will be extremely ugly. I rather see somebody make a sick shot, then watch constant colour changing and to many effects.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 12:28:04 PM »
Well you don't really need to edit it, I'm just saying editing it would probably make it more appealing if you do it right.

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »
can i ask what software you guys use?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 01:54:23 PM »
Sony Vegas Pro 9

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 06:51:23 PM »
did you guys pay for it or just a trail.?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 01:33:06 AM »
It's called torrenting.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »
Well you don't really need to edit it, I'm just saying editing it would probably make it more appealing if you do it right.
Does that mean we can also send a demo and you do the editing?

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
Does that mean we can also send a demo and you do the editing?

SoFa Pictures don't do the editing or recording to avoid people arguing that we're bias to the clips that we edited vs. the clips others edited, and we're looking for actual clips, not demos.

Delphi

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »
I guess you wont get more than 2 or 3 vids per month.

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
2  or 3 is enough i guess ;)

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 07:58:26 AM »
I'd like to be able to do a Top 10, I mean people do have an entire month to submit clips.