Author Topic: Every Linux build (22, 26 and the newest 29) hangs after loading ref_pbgl.so  (Read 1103 times)

Phitherek_

• PGP
Ok, maybe someone knows the solution to this problem.
I have the old linux build of paintball2 and it works fine, I can play with no problems. But I have a problem, that it detects "modified content" (I unpacked there a build 27 "serverupdate", and it claims to be build 27, but I think they' re mixed up (I had 22 before)). So I was afraid that some day I can be banned (even though I am NOT cheating). Then I downloaded a build 26, but it was hanging after loading ref_pbgl.so. Newly downloaded build 22 had the same problem. And I couldn' t compile them from source. Today I downloaded the latest build, 29, hoping, that it will work. And here the same...
Code: [Select]
Paintball 2 -- Version 2.0
execing configs/default.cfg
Console initialized.

------- sound initialization -------
LoadLibrary("./snd_oss.so")

Initializing OSS Sound System
Buffer size: 65536
Stereo: 1
Samples: 32768
Samplepos: 0
Samplebits: 16
Submission_chunk: 1
Speed: 48000
Sound sampling rate: 48000
------------------------------------
------- Loading ref_pbgl.so -------
LoadLibrary("./ref_pbgl.so")

^^ here paintball2 hangs with no use of processor or disk, so it does nothing.

Please help!

EDIT: Patch on this older build I had installed works and, what is important, it doesn' t detect modified content anymore! But I think, that this problem with "full" builds hanging is kind of important...

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
It's going to hang here the first time after a fresh Linux install because it needs to generate a random salt for either the profile's password encryption or the modified content checks (forget which). jitspoe attributes it to a super slow random number generator in gcrypt. If you let it run like this at the blank screen, it should finally load after a few minutes.

Some more details:
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=13602.0
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=2957.msg87719#msg87719

Phitherek_

• PGP
Ok, it works. But I have the same problem as in patched version (unexpected closing of application, the same error).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I really need to put that in a separate thread.  It loads relatively quickly if you move the mouse around and/or provide other input.