Author Topic: Got questions about strafe or bunny hops?  (Read 7799 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Got questions about strafe or bunny hops?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
I'm only human.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 03:51:35 PM »
I thought you were Jesus. :(

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 03:55:15 PM »

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
slightly being the keyword dont go being like skater jumping completely sideways which still mystifies me in how that works for him :/

Well I just now figured out the propaint jump--did it 80 times now, 20 yesterday and 60 today...I must be getting better because the 60 today were faster than the 20 yesterday. Still not always there, but ah well.

As it turns out though I do often wind up turning quite a bit. Seems to be the only way to get the speed up.

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 01:33:04 PM »
well thats how I jump as well, I'm usually at a 45 degree angle or more to where I am jumping, but then again, I'm one of the "less skilled" people out there.

I still jump at quite a high angle, now when I jump I do it past 45 degrees.

And I'm actually pretty good at most jumps now.  ;D

The only jumps that I can't do now are like the one on Castle1, I guess you would call it like a triple jump?

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2006, 03:24:39 PM »
Yeah, that I haven't figured out either.

I got the air time jumps to work now last night as well, jumping to the side and to the top auto-cocker platform.

I haven't managed the middle ramp to the top of the enemy ramp (red or blue platform) yet.

I also got the propaint one to about every other or every third time, but who knows if it will stay that way. That one is less forgiving than some of the others.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2006, 03:44:00 PM »
I find the propaint1 jump to be more about getting the right starting position than anything.  Keep in mind that while that jump is useful for rushing into the base on pubs, nearly any skilled clan will never give you a chance to jump through in a match (not at the beginning of the round, anyway).

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:47 PM »
glad to see that my thread is still proving useful to the newer players.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 04:28:12 PM »
I find the propaint1 jump to be more about getting the right starting position than anything.  Keep in mind that while that jump is useful for rushing into the base on pubs, nearly any skilled clan will never give you a chance to jump through in a match (not at the beginning of the round, anyway).

Quite agreed :)  I have reduced it to a set pattern, and the starting position can be flexible but a certain element of it must start right as you come around the slight angle. That seems to work out.

And yes, someone usually will line the window :)

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 04:39:26 PM »
glad to see that my thread is still proving useful to the newer players.

Much appreciated, thanks.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 04:44:35 PM »
The only jumps that I can't do now are like the one on Castle1, I guess you would call it like a triple jump?
As mentioned in this thread before, it's important to get the right starting position (like on propaint1).
I believe there was a video posted by P!nk on the forums (maybe I've posted something similar as well, but I can't remember it, thou).

m7feettall: How about not double-posting every time, but including answers to two different users in one post? :P

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »
I could do that. Different forums have different protocols. So I just followed the one that made the most sense.
Some prefer that you handle each response separately, some that you combine them.

Personally I like to put them separately so they can scan for the post that responds to their point.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »
On this forum, eiii will eat your children if you double post.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 05:45:36 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:26:45 AM by P!nk »

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:56 PM »
I find the propaint1 jump to be more about getting the right starting position than anything. 

Where do you start? for me I stand right before the flag post and jump up to the bridge strafing left, then right, then end on left, I make it 98% of the time.

m7feettall:  on the airtime one, if you want to go from middle to enemy base, when you go up the middle, make sure you hit the bunker to your right at the top and jump off of that.

Bitmate: I have a video of it, I just cant seem to do it.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 06:25:49 PM »
What happens if you don't have children? :/

I eat your reproductive organs.

PiCaSSo

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »
kinky fellar!  ;D

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 08:21:38 PM »
I find the propaint1 jump to be more about getting the right starting position than anything.

Where do you start? for me I stand right before the flag post and jump up to the bridge strafing left, then right, then end on left, I make it 98% of the time.

m7feettall:  on the airtime one, if you want to go from middle to enemy base, when you go up the middle, make sure you hit the bunker to your right at the top and jump off of that.

Bitmate: I have a video of it, I just cant seem to do it.

I find that if I do two to the right when I go around the slight corner coming out into the open air and then alternate from there on out it works pretty well.

Whatever pattern before that doesn't seem to matter much.

But then it is hard to speak of a set habit when I have only been doing it for two days :)

So I am open to ideas.

Will consider your scheme there.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »
I made my own way for fun:

go halfway down cat, then jump off and hit the lip with the crates on it then go that way.
Pros: its more fun lol
Cons: makes you more vulnerable to spray through hole.

QED

• Stingray
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 09:00:50 PM »
Trying the jump strafe method, I am finally (once in a while) able to jump thru that hole at the top of the bridge in shazz33 and landing on the brown platform on the other side.  Practice seems to be what it's all about!