Author Topic: SOUNDS????  (Read 5097 times)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
SOUNDS????
« on: April 29, 2010, 08:11:16 PM »
So I got the build 16 sounds since I can't stand the newer ones.  Renamed all the different surface sounds so they are all the same.  Now I get the modded content warning.  If the old sounds are a crime I don't wanna play this crap.

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: SOUNDS????
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
I don't wanna play this crap.
Okay that's fine. 100% of everyone doesn't have to be happy with this game...

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »
Yea the 100- people that do don't like a lot of things about it.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:12 PM »
yet they all still play nonstop...

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »
I've always been able to use the older sounds.  Now all of a sudden it's a problem.  If there isn't a standard hr4 pack and people can change them, then I should be able to use the sounds I want.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:39:32 PM »
So according to you: I've always wanted to change my gun models to colored bananas, and it doesn't harm anything, so I should be able to change all the models to bananas.

If this thread was made just for you to cry and whine, then anyone can do that about any part of the game. If that first post is to somehow translate into you asking for help how to change sounds, then search for all the many threads about it...  Once a content modifier, always a content modifier.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
How do you get me wanting to change content?  I've BEEN replacing new sounds with the old build 16 sounds for years just like many other people because I like them better. 

I had no problems just swapping out the gun sounds, but the new step sounds are by surface.  I can't stand them, so I individually over wrote all the surface sounds with the old build 16 sounds.  Now they are just like build 16 steps.  I'm not modding anything I'm just reverting to older sounds.  I don't get how using older gun sounds is ok, but the foot step sounds are a big deal.  If people can use old models to revert them to older builds I think the old sounds should be perfectly legal.  Also there isn't a specific hr4 pack so people can use any textures they want, but I can't use older sounds.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 11:49:58 PM »
I think the old sounds should be perfectly legal
and I want bananas for guns, I think those should be perfectly legal too... HR4 packs can be modified, so guns should be modified too  

^ My reasoning is just as valid comparing it to your reasoning, yet look at how stupid this kind of reasoning seems at the same time, that's how I view this issue...

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 11:53:59 PM »
Can you please stop posting on my thread? K THX

No one else post useless crap on this.  I only want to hear Jitspoe's response and not a bunch of ignorant know-it-all retards.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »
It's a pain having to answer ignorant people all the time about things they aren't meant to do, yet still act like they should have all the rights to change the game to their liking.  I suggest if you only wanted to hear Jitspoe's answer, then you pm him, duh. Since it's too late now, then you better lock this thread, since jitspoe will then be the only one to write in it... (you'll see a little lock button at the bottom of the replies, if you didn't know) Go and add your last little rebuttal to any explanation that's been typed to you, then lock it, so another thread doesn't keep going where people don't listen to explanations.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 06:21:14 AM »
get over it br55. Noone gives a intercourse what u think. Adapt and continue playing. Or gtfo.

not my post (from another forum)

¤ Featuritis
No matter how many new features you have or add, the players will always want more.

¤ Pleasing your Players
Despite your best intentions, any change will be looked upon as a bad change to a large percentage of your players.
Even those who forgot they asked for it to begin with.

¤ Hal Black's Elaboration
The more responsive an admin is to user feedback of a given type, the more of that type the admin will get.
Specifically, as an admin implements features from user suggestions, the more ideas for features will be submitted.
Likewise, the more an admin coddles whiners, the more whining will ensue.

¤ Baron's Theorem
Hate is good. This is because conflict drives the formation of social bonds and thus of communities.
It is an engine that brings players closer together.

¤ Hans Henrik Staerfeldt's Law of Player/Admin Relations:
The amount of whining players do is positively proportional to how much you pamper them.
Many players whine if they see any kind of bonus in it for them.
It will simply be another way for them to achieve their goals.
As an admin you hold the key to many of the goals that they have concerning the virtual environment you control.
If you do not pamper the players and let them know that whining will not help them, the whining will subside.

¤ Rewards
The longer your game runs, the less often you get kudos for your efforts.

¤ John Hanke's Law (cited by Mike Sellers)
In every aggregation of people online, there is an irreducible proportion of ... jerks (he used a different word :-)

Is it a game?
It's a SERVICE. Not a game. It's a WORLD. Not a game. It's a COMMUNITY. Not a game. Anyone who says, "it's just a game" is missing the point.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 09:54:53 PM »
It's a pain having to answer ignorant people all the time about things they aren't meant to do, yet still act like they should have all the rights to change the game to their liking.

Ignorant? excuse me but I believe your the one who can't understand simple English in what I was trying to explain.  I don't see how me reverting to old sounds is anywhere near changing models.  Not to mention I've been able to do it for the years I've been playing.  Now all of a sudden it's a problem?  My logic is, if people can use old models they should be able to use old sounds.  Maybe I should repeat that to make sure you understand it clearly.  My logic is, if people can use old models they should be able to use old sounds.  I'm sorry if you are too stupid to understand anything that a non 12 year old has to say.  I also believe I specifically asked for you to not post on this.  Once again your power hungry self has to get involved in things that you don't belong in.  I know that position in a committee over about 100-200 people helps you get off at night, but maybe you should actually do something productive and show respect to the community.  I asked a question and you come on bashing me for no reason.  No wonder this community is crap.  People like you troll the forums looking for any little thing to harass people about.
* Br55HiT waits for the next flame post.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »
If the old sounds are a crime I don't wanna play this crap.
No wonder this community is crap.
Yes, the game is crap, the community is crap, please just quit it since you think its all crap, no one cares what you want as you can see... You failed to even read blaa's post on the matter, which explains everything also.
My logic is, if people can use old models they should be able to use old sounds.
You do realize old models are out the window too right?... First it was hr4's, now its old models? lol  And P.S. you're not trying to explain anything, from the very first post you were whining about it, not explaining...

shinoogie

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 09:43:11 AM »
Br i do believe you are going about this entirely wrong way. maybe you should just forget jusu and reword yourself so people might actually want to help you out instead of thinking your a complete detective

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 08:04:25 PM »
On april fools day theres bananas everywhere, just play then justinph5

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 12:00:06 AM »
My response is this:

Give me usable feedback on the new sounds so I can improve them in the future.  "I can't stand them" doesn't help me at all.  What about them can't you stand?