Author Topic: Player: Aiden5  (Read 9103 times)

Bono

• VM-68
Player: Aiden5
« on: June 24, 2010, 09:13:59 AM »
Hi.

Please DELETE one from registered names form player "Aiden5" - this name is "Bon0" -.- ! It's very annoying for me, becouse my nick is Bono and nobody knows who is who. >:(

He lying evrybody and he offends me.

Sorry about my English.

Link to demo: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21015.0;attach=7661
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:58:49 AM by Bono »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Player: Aiden5
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:07:55 PM »
What if his friends call him that? Unless you provide proof that he is spoofing your name intentionally then I'm afraid there is nothing we can do for you.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:37 PM »
Aiden5 is just very annoying kid... He have registered names like "Moci0" and "Bon0" but the real players have nicks "Mocio" and me - "Bono". It's very annoying for me and mocio.
Aiden5 to everyone says "i'm author of PCDP; I'm bono; I have clan (bono) etc." ... Aiden5 from nick "Bon0" in-game says to my all friends untrue things and offends them!!
I asked him to remove the "Bon0" name but he just reply me "f*ck off".

I just want to ask the committe to remove only one registered name from his accout - "Bon0"... :(

Sorry for my bad English.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:22:29 PM by Bono »

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »
Proof of this would be necessary for action, but I personally don't see why Bono has any reason to lie about it.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »
http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=20965.0

:-X

HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

On a serious note Bono, there really has not been any precedent set about name spoofing. To the best of my knowledge I do not think anyone has ever gotten punished for this.  You should consider it a form of flattery and just not let it bother you. If it makes you feel better we all know he is an impostor now. 

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »
You should consider it a form of flattery and just not let it bother you.

This. Wish I had fanboyzzz to fake me :(

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

On a serious note Bono, there really has not been any precedent set about name spoofing. To the best of my knowledge I do not think anyone has ever gotten punished for this.  You should consider it a form of flattery and just not let it bother you. If it makes you feel better we all know he is an impostor now. 

On the terms and conditions when people sign up, it says no spoofing names.. How would you like it if someone spoofed you, and you'd created the PCDP Mod and the spoofer made up stuff like you're actually fat in real life, you hate all your clan mates, and other irratating and offensive stuff...

I can't see the harm in protecting a user and deleting a name from someones account.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 12:24:52 PM »
I have the name "fl1p" registered, are you flattered flip? :D

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 01:03:17 PM »
lol no. But it's hard to see the difference from "BONO" and "BON0" ingame!! -.- (Even he using this same colours!)

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »
If your friends can't tell the difference between him and you, neither in words nor in actions, then either nobody knows you or him well or both of you behave similarily, which makes the problem trivial.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »
Anyone who knows you should know it's not you. How hard is it to know your clan mates? Check a player id? I'm not defending this person but do you know how much drama this will cause? How many people will be whining about someone spoofing their name just because it is similar? Do you have the time to do all the drama related to this? Where is your committee application? Do you know how many names I have spoofed? Quite a bit actually. At one time I had names for everyone in 3iob I think. I even had s2gey registered. Not a single member of that team said a word even though I used it during our matches.

Simply put, give me a demo complete with his player id on it of him maliciously using your name and I will try to get the committee involved with bringing this quickly to jitspoes attention. It is all we can do. He might read this and delete the guys name for you regardless though.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
Who steals my purse steals trash... / But he that filches from me my good name / Robs me of that which not enriches him / And makes me poor indeed. -William Shakespeare

If your friends can't tell the difference between him and you, neither in words nor in actions, then either nobody knows you or him well... ...which makes the problem trivial.

You've got it the wrong way. If everyone were able to distinguish them from each other, then it would be trivial. It's an issue because people can't.

flip, nothing has been done to spoofers, atleast not publicly. Therefore you shouldn't worry about someone trying to trick the system (like was tried in here: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=18028.0) because those people see no reason to try to do that yet.

Drama? I remember every committee member being ok with that.
"Are you prepared to take the crap the community may throw at you, if they don't agree with a decision, and behave in a mature and professional manner?"

"Sure"
"IM used to anything the community may want to throw at me. Not gonna change if i joined the commitee"
"If someone is behaving immature after a decision made by someone who's appointed to make decisions, this reflects the personality of this person. This will have absolutely no influence on the way I would make my decisions."
"I don't care about what people think about me."
"Yes, i am. They can talk as much as they want, it won`t help."
"I've been in such situations and I have no problem with being thrown at."
"Most of them give me crap now anyways. The other half don't like me. I can be mature but I prefer to have a good time. I can be professional if the situation requires it."
"already used to doing that"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:26:19 PM by joonas »

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »
its good that we have a commitee that cares :DDDD

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
What, wait, joonas, you can't tell apart crap and drama? I'd rather not know what you do in toilet then.

Aiden5 from nick "Bon0" in-game says to my all friends untrue things and offends them!!

What friend it is that can't see the difference between impostor and real man?!

Okay, Aiden5 spoofs, creates a problem, but it's people's fault and stupidity to fall for that. Were they more intelligent and aware, nobody would be offended, and Aiden5 would just make a fool of himself. That is my opinion, you don't have to agree, and yes, I'm prepared to take the crap community now can throw at me. Crap, not drama.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 09:15:45 AM »
Simply put, give me a demo complete with his player id on it of him maliciously using your name and I will try to get the committee involved with bringing this quickly to jitspoes attention. It is all we can do. He might read this and delete the guys name for you regardless though.

I agree, although I can find some other cases where they didn't have to get a demo to prove it. But having a demo shows whether it was some guy who wasn't intending to spoof, or was intentionally spoofing.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Here is demo from my server when i playing with Makowiec. "Bon0" is here.. (Aiden5 -.-)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:34:38 PM by Bono »

theSYNDIKATE

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 12:45:12 PM »
The name should just be deleted off his account, will do a lot less harm then having his name spoofed.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
What, wait, joonas, you can't tell apart crap and drama?

Yeah, I'm walking on shallow ground for saying that. They aren't the same thing, but at least in my eyes they belong to the same category.

Two points.

1. Aiden5 tries to ruin bono's reputation (and someone else's). Just because he MIGHT not be successful isn't grounds for dismissing the whole thing. If I were to try and shoot someone, it wouldn't make me a better person if I were to miss. "We'll arrest you once you hit."

2.Servers are filled with random people. If BON0 were to behave badly, only the ones that truly know BONO and how the game works have any chance of not labeling him as the kind of person that is right in front of them. People are fast to judge, and it really is a nightmare to try to prove oneself innocent.

Gamabunta, I've only spoken with you once and you didn't leave a very good first impression. If anyone were to have asked me about you, I would have had nothing positive to say. Now let's imagine that it really wasn't you, but someone with access to your account for example. I'd have been totally fooled, and your reputation would have been in jeopardy.

Okay, Aiden5 spoofs, creates a problem, but it's people's fault and stupidity to fall for that. Were they more intelligent and...

Wrong approach. Don't blame the community for being stupid, because that isn't subject to change. You should be talking about Aiden5's intelligence instead. If he's an idiot, i.e. below average, most people will simply see through his scheme and ignore him, but if he's smart, only a few can. Although if we look at point number 1, it doesn't matter whether he succeeds or not.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 05:39:56 PM »
All I have to say is it is up to jitspoe. He is the only one with the ability to remove the name. The committee will bring it to his attention. We'll let you know.