Author Topic: New Vent SERVER!!!  (Read 3115 times)

SKEET

• VM-68
New Vent SERVER!!!
« on: June 28, 2010, 11:55:37 PM »
ok guys,
I bought a vent server in the hopes that it would help dp become more active. the ip is: V19.DARKSTARLLC.COM  and the port is: 3935. Anybody that is responsible and would like to help me by becoming an admin please either pm me on mirc, vent or just send me a message on here. Please idle and support DP's new vent. :]
                                       - SkeeT

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
Re: New Vent SERVER!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
Wait, why would a vent help DP become more active?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:56:43 AM »
probably because new players knowing about this vent server can hang out there, meet some active players and that way get to know about the match scene, including all stuff what normally remains hidden for an average pubstar :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:10:25 AM »
He only bought a vent because my vent is slightly racist towards him, but jokingly. We enjoy annoying him because he yells at the top of his lungs. When he had admin he would kick people just for killing him ingame soooooo enjoy getting banned. Plus he's leaving for college like mid/end summer so it'll go down. Might as well just use the vent that's been up for like two years and isn't any near going down: ventrilo9.chi.powervs.com Port: 5053

Lastnight he pm'd me cause somebody 'which turned out to not be me' was moving him around on vent so he couldnt recon, imagine the raging on vent for whoever has heard him :):) :

[11:25] <SkeeT> dude
[11:25] <SkeeT> myers
[11:25] <SkeeT> im about ot pop a meddling blood vessel

SKEET

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
Its not only that. i go onto vents for other more successful games and i see how everything is organized and friendly and i want it to be like that. so i am just trying to help out. nothing against you myers i still idle your vent.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
Our vent info is on our irc channel with the comment feel free to use. It's paid for just like most vents and can hold quite a few people. If it becomes over crowded then I will just get a larger one or another one. Perks of being an old man. If any new teams need a spot for themselves feel free to ask.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
I was shocked to find the other day that even jits uses the modern vent version now.

And I have never seen Jits ban or kick folks just for something to do.

Host: dplogin.com
Port: 3784

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 02:10:18 AM »
if jitspoe want's to save money off vent he can always swap to ts3. better then vent in all aspects.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 06:45:33 PM »
Since I have not used TS3, what are the advantages?

It used to be that you could host your own without renting, is that still the case?

vLaD

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »
yes you can still host your own without paying for anything over 8 slots. and teamspeak 3 has a lot of features that ventrilo can only imagine of. basically newer programs tend to be better because they have seen the old idea and improved them and created a lot more. file sharing is also a feature of teamspeak 3. check it out.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 03:57:21 PM »
Mumble ftw