Author Topic: Nintendo Wii?  (Read 3309 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Nintendo Wii?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:21:14 PM »
Waitwaitwaitwait...

So it wasn't actually CALLED the revolution? That was just the codename?
This makes me sad. Nintendo needs to stick to pre-Gamecube and handhelds.

Also, THE FIRST LINK IN INAPPROPRIATE! I'M OFFENDED!

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »
man thsy should have stuck with the revolution

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:04 PM »
Agreed.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 08:35:18 PM »
Nintendo has a great keypad. abba up down up. What game was that?

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 08:37:39 PM »
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Wii > Revolution. =]

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
* eiii expects massive failure from the Wii.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 06:27:06 PM »
Interesting... virtual reality. read the comments on the page for some cool vid's

http://mozlapunk.web-log.nl/log/5681487

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 06:58:40 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3857855347623051125&q=video+revolution+demo&pl=true <if that's what you're talking about, then you have been mislead. This was around a while back, and has nothing to do with nintendo, I assume.

But man, would that be cool...

And the controller for the Wii looks like the baton that guy has...

O_O

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 10:43:24 PM »
http://wiikepedia.com/
...wait for it...

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 09:22:59 AM »

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2006, 01:29:50 PM »
THE KNIGHTS THAT SAY WII!

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 03:31:40 PM »
BE QUIET!! Or I shall say WII once more.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3857855347623051125&q=video+revolution+demo&pl=true <if that's what you're talking about, then you have been mislead. This was around a while back, and has nothing to do with nintendo, I assume.

But man, would that be cool...

And the controller for the Wii looks like the baton that guy has...

O_O
read all of the link i posted..

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 04:16:46 PM »
from the link:
Revolution To Feature A New Way To Present Games?
An old "insider" from last year may have been telling the truth when he/she stated on the IGN message boards that when using Nintendo's next home console you will "see games in a way you never imagined".

Flashman from the Zogdog forums has noticed that a person who posted on the IGN forums in December last year claiming to know what secrets the Nintendo console codenamed "Revolution" holds may well have been telling the truth. At the time he/she was laughed off by many, as most people who claim to be in the know are, but with information that has recently come to light, his/her claim takes on an edge of reality.

The poster, who went by the pseudonym of "nthngsshcking", made many statements but firstly we must look at how this person ended their post, he/she wrote: "Kodak Theatre = Mushroom Kingdom!"

At the time this meant nothing but lately some lucky people in the press industry, such as IGN.com, have been recieving invitations to Nintendo's pre-E3 media briefing and included with that invitation was this brochure.

As you can see, Nintendo is now referring to their E3 presentation at the Kodak Theatre as "Mushroom Kingdom" just as the IGN "Insider" stated last September. What does this mean?

Well one of two things, either the person was a very good guesser on all things Nintendo or he/she is legitimate. Now if the claimant is legitimate then some of the other statements they made need to be looked at under a different light. When Flashman from the Zogdog boards revived this "Insider's" old thread from IGN, the IGN moderators locked the thread and removed it, because either they don't like old threads or for some other reason. Luckily Flashman saved the important bits from "nthngsshcking's" original post. Here they are.

"I have followed the rumors and speculation on this board regarding Nintendo’s “Revolution” since its inception.

It is at times torturous to see the most dedicated base of any gaming company have to resort to gossip and guesses as to what to expect from Nintendo’s next generation offering.

It is for this reason that I have decided to share.

I cannot offer anything to you in terms of my identity. I cannot offer anything in the way of proving what I am saying to you is factual. However, you will ultimately find that you need not worry who I am, for all I say will come to pass. But I suspect you know my name…

So here’s the scoop. I’m tired of watching you beautiful fans endure the torture of knowing so little, so I will share with you enough to help you understand the magnitude of what’s coming without saying enough to reveal who I am.

I’ll say this before I begin spilling the proverbial beans. Remember 1985? Remember when saying “Nintendo” meant video games in general? This is what Nintendo is aiming to recapture, and believe me, they will!

Let’s start with a question:

1. Why have we yet to see even a glimpse of what a “Revolution” game will look like?

Most seem to assume this is because Nintendo does not want the focus of their next generation games to be on their graphics. This is not entirely wrong, just a little uninformed. That being said, the graphics are essentially the same as a souped up Xbox. What you all are ignoring is that the graphics for the Xbox360 are arguably only the same as a souped up Xbox as well. Graphically, in terms of traditional graphics, the systems are equal. In terms of presentation, you will be astonished by what the Revolution holds, and it is indeed the final secret Mr. Miyamoto hinted at. Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined, and you don’t need a silly helmet or visor to experience it. As a matter of fact, a video demonstration of what “Revolution” can do circulated the internet weeks or months before E3, and then conspicuously disappeared. Such a sneaky little box! I’ll leave the rest to you!

Well…I can’t resist.

A final hint…

Think hard about the controller and what type of graphical presentation would suit it best! It’s so easy! Oh, and the controller is indeed meant to attract the casual gamer, because they'll so badly want to experience what they're seeing!

2. “Use the right side of your brain!”

As many of you have correctly stated, the right side of your brain is the creative side. So what was Reggie hinting at? Again, it’s so easy I don’t need to say it! You’re given all of the components you need, and some general structure. The rest my friends, is up to you!

3. Indeed a revolution, but in code name only. It’s 1985 all over again…

4. Wi-Fi will open doors you never would have predicted. It’s all so obvious though if you think about it, but it’s so hard for me to say without saying too much! If you’ve figured out what I’ve already hinted at, picture how the ability to download monthly offerings will that much more enhance your experience!

5. The Classics.

Many for free just for joining…one free a month…Itunes pricing per each additional first party title. Third parties will bundle 3-5 each with a new game purchase.

6. The price is right…you’ll just have to trust me!

7. Kodak Theater = Mushroom Kingdom!

I’ve said enough. What I’ve shared should be enough to get you all cooled down a bit.

Never underestimate Nintendo."

We've already seen that one of this informants claims has proven true, that being the Kodak Theatre/Mushroom Kingdom one. The person also claims that the Revolution, graphically speaking, is equivalent to a "souped up Xbox" but that the way it presents games will separate it from it's next generation competitors. He/she postulates that there will not be a "visor" or "helmet" forthcoming from Nintendo as part of their Revolution system and makes some huge statements including "Prepare to see games in a way you never imagined", a comment that is similar to many we have seen before by "fakers" but considering the current circumstances, cannot be taken so lightly. The "insider" also claims the Revolution will be so popular that Nintendo will retrieve their position of their glory days of the mid 1980s when their name was synonymous with video gaming.

He/she writes that the way the Revolution presents games is simple but yet something we never imagined and they tell us that a video demonstration circulated the internet before last December that showcased what the Revolution "can do" and that it mysteriously disappeared soon afterwards. These are some intriguing statements to say the least, much speculation will be derived from this we are sure. Can any of our readers remember a video from that time period that fits that description?

Anyway, MLP says take all of this with a barrel load of salt but it's some food for thought to tide you over until the sensory exploding extravaganza that is the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo. Not long now.

Source: Zogdog

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 04:41:43 PM »
Yeah, I read it. So?

The link I posted is also posted in the comments, so I assumed that that's what you were talking about.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2006, 06:31:49 PM »
That stuff is so cool, and that vid was amazing :O

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2006, 09:10:47 PM »
maybe what he is saying is true.. that mushroom kingdom thing was... we can only wait

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 03:32:41 PM »
Couldn't they have just brought 2 Wii's to show off? Or would seeing WiiWii at E3 be wrong? :P
Check out the awesome gameplay that's all over YouTube and GoogleVideo, the new Duck Hunt looks pretty sweet, as does all the other games on Wii, new games and re-makes.
Also the Wii will be using Opera