Author Topic: my ban  (Read 6491 times)

Homingbullet

• VM-68
my ban
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:23:10 PM »
hi looks like im banned again when i opened up paintball it says i have modified content but i have no idea what it is? i just installed the newest version of dp like 4 days ago i have the right textures when i came back i used my old textures with the striped barrel for appx a week till i found new hr4s and i have sunmans hr4s. i can show u guys my old hr4s and my new ones. is the modified content the ss that i have in my ss folder from years ago? the ss are def not legal cause they have a striped barrel. ill comply and give the committee anything they ask for if u can in return please look into this ban in hopes of removing the ban.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
Re: my ban
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
looks like same thing happened to me that happened to nahlij?

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
No use in denying it, we have proof that you used it recently (1-2 weeks) ago. If you come clean your ban will be reduced.

His last ban was 256 days.  Going for 512x2 = 1024 days unless he comes clean.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 03:09:17 PM »
This is not the barrel issue. It is the "other" modded content.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
i was told bout the clear skies, my old textures all contained clear skies :( i mentioned earlier that i used my old textures until i found new ones i asked many times for them on vent etc.  but every1 was to busy to give me some i coudnt find any on dplogin till sum1 gave me a link from dplogin to sunmans. as soon as i found them i switched over.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
So you're saying you were too stupid to do a forum search. You deserve to be banned.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
i just wasn't able to find any i searched hr4 looked through a few pages found a few links that didnt work. but your comment wasn't necessary spook.

SkaDooSh

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »
If you are banned for hacking, speedcheating, modified content (basically anything else) then do the following:

1. Uninstall/Delete the program, if any, that you downloaded to cheat.
2. Uninstall and delete any Paintball2 related folders from your computer. (even your personal config's, etc.)
3. When you are able to play again, download the current version of Paintball 2.

If you hack with any methods, there are possibilities that the hack changed your Paintball 2 files. If you try to play after your ban, and the hacked files are still there, there is a possibility that you will be banned for the same thing. The only safe way to make sure you are not banned again is to get rid of any files related to Paintball 2 on your computer, then do a clean reinstall of PB2

It is not the committee's responsibility to figure out if you didn't mean to have old hack files on your computer or not. It is your responsibility to make sure that you don't have any old hacks.

Jitspoe: One addition:  With the new policy I have in place, you need to send any modified files or cheats to me before deleting them, as well as tell me where you got them.  If you don't, your ban time will be doubled.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:17 PM »
ya i didn't do any of this i knew i should have i just was to lazy to recopy my configs even though it takes 3 seconds. i have send my hr4s to jitspoe before and as far as clear skies go that is simple to do, dont want to go into detail lol but any person who knows how to move the hr4s around to make dif floors, walls etc, knows how to make his skies clear, this was the same as the previous ban same textures same skies. i really hope i do get unbanned as i had no intention of cheating but if the ban doesnt get removed i understand. game was fun but due to lack of action on my part i got another ban from same stuff as first ban.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 10:20:13 PM »
i just was to lazy to recopy my configs even though it takes 3 seconds.
[...]
due to lack of action on my part i got another ban from same stuff as first ban.
if you were really that lazy, you must not have really cared about cleaning up -- otherwise taking action would have been a no-brainer.

i had no intention of cheating
As soon as you opened up DP and saw your modded content, you see it and think one of three things: (1) "oops! I better fix that before I get detected!" or (2) "i'm too lazy to fix it, so yeah i'll cheat for now" or (3) "cool, this will help me do better".
What I'm saying is, how can you look straight at your modded content and then tell us you "had no intention of cheating"?

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 11:13:01 PM »
My comment was 100% necessary. Any semi-intelligent player would have searched, and found what they were looking for. Seeing as you did not, you deserve to be banned.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 12:48:52 AM »
lol whatever spook its just a game its not life buddy. i dont take games serious but it takes a semi-intelligent player to understand this. get your mom to explain this for you :D.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 12:53:46 AM »
What I'm saying is, how can you look straight at your modded content and then tell us you "had no intention of cheating"?

web i played with these textures for 2 years i am so used to them i already didnt even really notice that there not legal.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
web i played with these textures for 2 years i am so used to them i already didnt even really notice that there not legal.
:P wow really? still, when you got banned the first time, you knew what it was for, and i'd think you wouldn't forget that so quickly -- let alone leave your modded content in place.

lol whatever spook its just a game its not life buddy.
Glad you understand that. I certainly wouldn't want you to sink into a deep depression due to how long of a ban you're under now. gl & hf.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
lol your funny web, the first time i didn't get caught using the hr4s but since i had a ss of a bunch of differnet textures they assumed i used some that were not legit and i was banned based on assumption lol. i did use them but they had no proof of it.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 10:42:17 PM »
One thing I'm wondering is you said you played with these textures because you couldn't find them/noone gave you the new ones right? Then you said that you changed them as soon as you got them. Why is it that this detection is so recent?

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 01:03:01 AM »
i have no idea. When the detection happened i did not have the  clear skies thats why i dont understand... maybe since my skies were renamed and when i downloaded the new build it detected that i had the clear skies previously? when i download the new build isnt it supposed to overwrite the old skies? anyway it doesnt matter im banned now and theres no way of changing that.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 01:15:13 AM »
just a heads up i dont no if this will change anything but even right now when i open up paintball it says thats modified content is detected. i have nothing modified at all and i didn't change anything since the ban. so i guess since i didn't completely remove dp and reinstall it i have some kind of file somewhere that makes it look like i have modified content, which resulted in my ban if i can somehow get this ban removed i will send u anything jits or committee needs lol i honestly have nothing modified but it says i still have modified content.

ohh just checked my env folder. i have old skies there that say real pbsky etc. and fakepbsky etc. so i know which one is real and which one i was using. i think since these files are there and renamed this made it look like i have files that are edited although all skies r what they are suppposed to be.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 08:11:19 PM »
you know homing, you could delete it and download dp again, using default textures like legit players.

Homingbullet

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:03 PM »
i have reg hr4s