Author Topic: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans  (Read 12667 times)

dedkok

• PGP
[Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans
« on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
Hoping this is the right place to post this...

In the clans section for DP login, I'm positive that 90% if not more of those clans are "inactive" so I think everyone would appreciate having a separate section that they could be put into for an example if none of the members of a clan have logged in for a month then they get moved into the inactive section not to pollute the clans list.

I think everyone would like to see what clans are active these days and there is really no way to tell but I think that would be a perfect way to show everyone which clans are active as well as how many members and who's in them.

Otherwise in all honesty that list shows nothing but how many members can a clan get even though none of them actually play.

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
Re: [Feature Request] separate section for inactive clans
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:03:20 PM »
+1 .. dp really need it.. +1 inactive players too

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 06:11:30 AM »
Maybe could be also good to see the last connection to dplogin.com (the last time the player played) in the member's details.

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:04:21 AM »
Maybe could be also good to see the last connection to dplogin.com (the last time the player played) in the member's details.

jitspoe has stated he doesn't want this because then he'll get people saying "This player last logged in 3 years ago so can I have his name" same for clans, too.

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25:27 AM »
jitspoe has stated he doesn't want this because then he'll get people saying "This player last logged in 3 years ago so can I have his name" same for clans, too.
Ah that's right. Sry I forgot.

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
Ah that's right. Sry I forgot.
Auto delete? It's more complicate?

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »
Auto delete? It's more complicate?

Nope, because if those players come back, they'll be wanting their name back from the player who stole it. Which means more work for the committee, for jitspoe and it's just unnecessary really.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »
Nope, because if those players come back, they'll be wanting their name back from the player who stole it. Which means more work for the committee, for jitspoe and it's just unnecessary really.

If the timelimit is say 6 months inactive and the account is deleted, then people who haven't logged on in 6 months do not deserve to keep their accounts. You shouldn't hold a player name / clan name if you don't even play the game.

Now to this thread - I don't figure it'd be that hard to be able to sort based off who actually does play and who doesn't. Again - I'm for if a team has been dead for 'x' length it should be removed. It would clear up alot of tags for new teams and if the team is so good that you don't want people to have the chance of copying it, then don't let it die?

f3l1x

• Committee Member
  • VM-68
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 01:43:55 PM »
MyeRs +1 .. I think too

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 02:30:27 PM »
I don't play very often, but I don't want to come back one day and have my names deleted. Some people actually have things to do in their lives and don't think about coming on here to "renew" their accounts.

-1 for me.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 03:11:43 PM »
Account freeze option, when the account exist over a period of time

status inactive, but not be erased

dedkok

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 04:21:13 PM »
I don't play very often, but I don't want to come back one day and have my names deleted. Some people actually have things to do in their lives and don't think about coming on here to "renew" their accounts.

-1 for me.

My intention was not to have people's account's deleted Spook, just let you know who's still playing and what clans are actually active.

Although it is a good idea to have an expiry on account but 6 months is too short, I'd be thinking more like a couple years with a automated warning e-mail being sent before the deadline is up.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
I say we have a fresh start. All clans deleted and all player names deleted. Then we have a free-for-all with whoever can get what they want!

Kyuuchi

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
My intention was not to have people's account's deleted Spook, just let you know who's still playing and what clans are actually active.

Although it is a good idea to have an expiry on account but 6 months is too short, I'd be thinking more like a couple years with a automated warning e-mail being sent before the deadline is up.

Good idea, but it's upto jitspoe - he might feel it's more unnecessary work..

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 05:08:32 AM »
6 months is ok imo.. It would be the same as in quakelive - it sends you autoemail a month before the expiration date?

I say we have a fresh start. All clans deleted and all player names deleted. Then we have a free-for-all with whoever can get what they want!
Name and clan spoofing..

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »
*Bump*

This as well...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »
There are currently ~11k clans, I think. There are ~48k possible combinations of one, two and three letter unique clan tags. This sounds big at first.

While it is not required, a lot of clans seem to prefer clan tags of 3 characters or less. Numbers are not that common in the tags - if we only use alphabetical characters, the possible tag space falls to ~18k possible unique tags. Of course, not all of these tags are likely to get used, for example "qqq" or "hzg" or any number of other tags. Given this, it seems that already at least half of the 'usable' tags have been allocated, even adjusting for the current clans with longer tags.

If there isn't some kind of purge/expiry period, clans will have to start picking a tag and then choosing a name. It's not the end of the world, but it's not great, especially when the taken tag in question is an empty clan which was previously full of inactive pubstars.

Anyway, not sure where I'm going with this. PURGE THE CLANS
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:50:13 AM by ViciouZ »

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
You're smart.

ViciouZ for British king! (cuz murrica!)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »
Clans that are inactive for what, 3 months?, get tagged with 'inactive'. Once a clan is tagged with this, you're able to request Jitspoe to remove it. (Or whoever would be in charge?).

Maybe?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 04:41:25 PM »
I wouldn't want it to request for jitspoes removal, I think it should just automatically do it, And then that team would have to request to get it back if they decided to come back (I don't see this as something that would be a common occurrence).

But this isn't for inactive clans in a sense. My view is that if a clan does not have any members currently, it should be moved to an inactive list, and the tags be removed.

This inactive list would show that teams info, but lets say someone took the same tag or same team name, the new teams info page would have a new members list and so on.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:04:01 PM by Foxhound »