Author Topic: Feature: Tiemap command  (Read 3611 times)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Feature: Tiemap command
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:24:40 PM »
While reading this, i had an idea:

What about a tiemap command?
I type the command "tiemap" and after it some maps. For example: three maps from each team, so map1 - map6.
Code: [Select]
tiemap map1 map2 map3 map4 map5 map6
The server can check, if the maps exist on the server, make a raffle and change to the winning map. So it is random and the never ending discussion about "how to find a tiemap" is hopefully over.

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: Feature: Tiemap command
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
its nice idea but what about the teams that write maps like:nightmare,oddjob,pice,snowbong? You can fill whole tie map list with maps like this or maps that others hates or dont know its 50:50 that it will be that map. Also sometimes some clans dont even want to discuess about the maps they say air/pp1 and nothing else. Well ok pp1/air are nice know maps but i got bored playing only those maps so i always try to force clans to at least try to discuss more. So i think this is definetely step forward for matching because it would "force" the teams to write more than 2 maps :)
Maybe some tie maplist? There is a lot of maps that are really good for ties and not boring (prolandr carp tatras pforest......) and the teams could only write maps from this list. But there could be a problem with low fps maps. For example:My mate likes playing prolnadr but he has 20fps on mid due to the smoke in the river so he alwasy must go throw BD :D, and i dont think he would like to play this map as tie versus some strong teams.
I think that the first step should be to say how many maps must each team say in minimum and which are allowed (as i said in my post 2 betas from 6 maps or 3 from 9 smething like that).
I am not sure about the random choose from all ties maybe after some more ideas how to optimize that but definetely there should be random choose from air/pp1 (when the teams cant find the good tie from my view there SHOULD at least be some discussion to make the ties more funny :) )

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:14:18 AM »
Well, I don't find it difficult anymore to draw some conclusion when discussing the tie map nowadays.
I would let it be how it is.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:51:32 AM »
There is a lot of maps that are really good for ties and not boring (prolandr carp tatras pforest......)
You are funny. Prolandr and tatras in a list of not boring maps, lol. But ok, it's your opinion.

This command should work with two maps and with 100 maps, so it's not necessary how many maps each team must say. But some messages from the server could be good. Like "Raffle started with this maps: map1 map2 map3..." and "The winner is: map2".

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 05:36:27 AM »
I meant the non boring map that are not as often played as air/pp1.
Ok but still you need to make some list of allowed maps or something like that.
For example this situation:team1 says:pforest, carpathian, renoir
                                    team2 says:nightmare, pice, snowbong
How this raffle could be fair? It is 50:50 chance that the raffle will choose 1 map from the team2's maplist that is not really playable like tie.

Well, I don't find it difficult anymore to draw some conclusion when discussing the tie map nowadays.
I would let it be how it is.
Maybe you not but some clans wants only for tie air/pp1 thats really boring for me. I would like to choose from air/pp1 after discussion not before :/

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 06:11:01 AM »
For example this situation:team1 says:pforest, carpathian, renoir
                                    team2 says:nightmare, pice, snowbong
How this raffle could be fair? It is 50:50 chance that the raffle will choose 1 map from the team2's maplist that is not really playable like tie.
Yes, but you have also a 50:50 chance to get your map :D

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
Yeah but it should 100:0 :D because for example nightmare i dont think that many players know how to "play" this map. So when the raffle hits the nightmare than there is probably sure win of 1 team which is unfair.
Maybe the solution should be some blackmaplist :D where would be placed maps like nightmare. But again here the question about the betas. there is a lot of betas that i have never seen. So i think there shouldn't be possiblity that the tie map will be map that you see for the first time.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 09:08:51 AM »
I don't really like this. Both teams will pick maps that they have a really good chance at winning at and each time one team will have a disadvantage and the other an advantage. A selection of maps that would make a 'Tie map list' would be a lot nicer I'd say.

You get me? Idk if this is what prz or w/e said, but ohwell.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »
Yea sure but i wasnt talking about the "clan" maps i thought about maps like nightmare. Nightmare is'nt only advantage it is sure win for 1 team. Thats what i meant ;).
Yea i mentioned something like that but included in PB. You would have tie map list included in the game and when you write tie map1 map2 map3  the map1-3 are maps from the included map list. I hope i've described it well.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 11:33:32 AM »
what is wron with nighmare ? its agood map and dont think theres a big advantage for anyone.. just let things be how they are

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 05:05:18 AM »
Nightmare is a good example. In my opinion it's a funny map, but you can't really match on it.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 08:08:23 AM »
Hmm and what about jumps maps? :D are they allowed for tie? :D because you can put about 100 jumpmaps in the tie map list  xD

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 08:37:44 AM »
That is only a command to mix some maps. Which maps are allowed or not is not important for this feature. That must the clans decide.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2010, 09:27:20 AM »
yea but the command could have included function to not accept some maps ;)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:35 AM »
I don't think, that this feature will be implemented soon. So we can wait for the official maplist and accept only maps from that list.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2010, 01:26:36 PM »
well yea it probably won't. but what maplist do you mean? There is some kind of maplist that is going to be realesed? Or you mean to wait till someone makes the maplist? :D

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2010, 01:36:28 PM »
Chef-Killer works on it and searches some more players for a mapping committee, but it needs some time until the committee can release a list or fixed maps.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 05:33:36 PM »
Oh didnt know that gl than :)
It will surely come handy