Author Topic: -ch1ll- US-East SOCCER Server  (Read 6341 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: -ch1ll- US-East SOCCER Server
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 05:51:08 PM »
After each match, you have to manually reconnect to the server, and all of the server settings get reset.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 10:10:52 PM »
I cant wait to play. I hope its fun like everyone has said.

-Termin8oR

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 01:10:20 PM »
X'Bain please allow al versions of paintball to play cause Im using q2 cause my SHlT Computer.
Please fix it when reading this. Thank You.

-Termin8oR

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:45:57 AM by Dirty_Taco »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2006, 02:50:24 PM »
i still don't like the ball being shot. less fun imo

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »
I think we should allow shooting the ball with the pgp.
I agree. This is a FPS and shooting the ball seems to allow more scenarios to be played vs real soccer or hockey could offer. A good example of this would be:

1. A Player from team 'A' is standing in front of his opponents goal (team b) and is about to score. Team 'B' has absolutely no way to block the ball other than to shoot it, thus successfully blocking a goal. I believe the only argument against this is should be "Well then team 'B' should have had a goalie or a defender." That normally would be the logical argument against 'shooting' the ball and agreeable if this was purely soccer, its not and should not ever be. The added facet of shooting the balls brings a whole new dimension to the game. That would be hard to find any where else. In my opinion pong played as soccer or hockey is something fresh and new to everyone.

Can you not register users and allow them to vote on settings? I would hate to have someone dictate the rules by proxy of a vote or dictatation w/o ever playing or caring.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 04:43:56 PM »
Its a dimension i'd rather not have. One team goes through the trouble of organising decent tactics where they do have a goalie, or sweeper/goalie, all for their good play leading to a possible goal to go down the drain thanks to a shot from the disorganised bunch of rabbits.

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 08:04:19 PM »
there will always be shooting lekky, :p.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 09:13:17 PM »
I totally understand your concern.
One team goes through the trouble of organizing decent tactics where they do have a goalie, or sweeper/goalie, all for their good play leading to a possible goal to go down the drain thanks to a shot from the disorganized bunch of rabbits.
But please understand those rabbits are viscous ,bloodthirsty monsters with "fangs" out to here  :o :o :o :o *motions with fingers how the fangs would look.

Alas I have a better argument against this but I will let you respond.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2006, 01:02:06 PM »
hehe, well i will never accept shooting! NEVER!.

i refuse to be a sheep, my mind taken over... never, i am a free spirit. i will fly.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »
I will shoot off your wings while you're mid-flight.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 01:55:02 PM »
Server Needs To Be Q2 Capable!
  " sv_minclientbuild 0 "
Thank You

-Termin8oR

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 02:02:56 PM »
Termi: Seriously, how old is your computer?  10 years?  8?  Hardware accelerated video cards came out many, many years ago.  They're practically giving first gen 3D cards away now.  You could afford one after a day of lawn work or something.  Then you'd at least be able to play for a while until you can stomach a real upgrade.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »
Then you'd at least be able to play for a while until you can stomach a real upgrade.
Is that suggesting that you are working on some awesome new stuff that will require a beter computer later???  :D *cough* Dpball Q3 enigne *cough*

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 02:34:55 PM »
Off topic all of you!!!

I tried posting this time yesterday and got a "page can not be displayed" when posting. It went like this....
hehe, well i will never accept shooting! NEVER!.

i refuse to be a sheep, my mind taken over... never, i am a free spirit. i will fly.
*cuts your 'astral' silver cord and watches you fall back to reality via gravity.

As mentioned before I would hate to have this game or any game that I play be dictated by those who dont play or care. More over the game was being runied by those shouting "PLEASE DONT SHOOT" or "ITS PONG YOUR SUPPOSED TO SHOOT"

In ether case it detracks from the game having to argue rules that have never been set. If you need help (which it looks like you do) makeing rules, please at least ask thoughs who intend play, starting with me.

Termi!!!! Really you need to find a slot that a vid card will fit in to, after looking it up it looks to be onboard, which in that case your out of luck. If its a PCI card let me know ASAP and I will buy it and send it to you next weekend after I pay Jitspoe off.

*edit Great game on tonight. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:52:51 PM by loial21 »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 02:24:24 AM »
I just put together an .ent that keeps the ball in play 99% of the time.  There's still a leak that I'm trying to fix up, but I can only hit it in low gravity, so it shouldn't be a huge deal.  The server restarting after each map issue seems to be a problem with paintball2 improperly handling single map rotations.  I've changed the configuration a little bit so that 'nokill' is enabled by default.

Let me know what you guys think!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 01:08:57 PM »
I don't know if you caught this or not when I mentioned it on irc, but you can fix the map restarting by simply clearing the rotation.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 08:52:43 PM »
'roation clear' also segfaults the server

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 01:57:53 AM »
Yeah, I also mentioned that there was a bug in that.  Oh well.  Just edit the rotation file manually.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2006, 07:37:12 AM »
Do you mean leave the rotation file blank?