Author Topic: OTB kids  (Read 4012 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
OTB kids
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:02:17 AM »
so for once i wanna pub and now cant because u idiots demand the newest build. i dont wanna dl every new build cos theres rly nothing new, so what is ur problem ?

phenix

• Stingray
Re: OTB kids
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:11:34 AM »
Yeah theres nothing new so whr is the point to dl this build and for example : if newbie cant join any server because he has not the new build he wont try more to get in ...

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:29 AM »
but yeah its more important to find misaglined textures i know i know

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:26:31 AM »
Build doesnt come up so fast. So if there is some newbie he will download the newest official build from the files here. The situation you are talking is about 1 day. Newbie downloads paintball (for example build 30) new build comes out (build 31) and now he cant connect to otb server without haveing chance to try the game. I think there is really low probability of this. Anyway if the newbie had chance to play this game at least once he will know if he wants to continue playing or dont care about the game and will stop.

Yea there is nothing new this releasing builds is nonsense why dont we go back to Build 1 then? And i dont think jit would release new build without any new function just because he was bored etc

Without this "demanding idiots" you wouldnt be even able to match because they allow you to lease 1 of their 3 servers for free (yes there is still ic3y available but onyl 2 servers for whole community :/  ).

I would better say what is your problem? Build 31 has some new things (+ better cheat detection i think :P ) so why dont you spend 10-30 secs of your life downloading update_build31 and run for another 30secs maximally? It will cost you just 1 minute of life and you will get access to every server for another month+-(not talking about 30 and 31 fast releases :D)

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:55:40 AM »
first of all last time i leased anything from these bundles of twigs was like 3 years ago. and i rly dont give a intercourse if there is some new sounds which usually just suck more.. and no i wont download any new build, so if i cant play with my b29 i wont be playing at all end of the story

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »
and if u didnt notice i was asking otb why they do this, last time i checked ur not otb so just save ur stupid comments for some other topic OK ?

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:22:07 PM »
If you think they are "bundles of twigs" then dont go to otb public -> problem solved you dont need to update. When you need to go there then you will probably need to update. yes i am on OTB but those comments have some sense as an answer to your "questions". I just wanted to save you some time because i dont think anyone from OTB will respond to this "questions" enjoy your build 29 bye :)

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »
Thanks for calling us "idiots". We pay much money and even more time to have some servers online. Only for players like you, so maybe you are right and we are idiots ::)

We changed the sv_minclientbuild setting a few times in the last years. Not for each build, but normally all 2-3 builds (after the new build was official released). The last change was with build 29, so you could play a long time with this build. We wanted to change it with build 31, but that build had some annoying bugs, that we wouldn't force it. We have a nice build 32 with build 31 bugfixes and a fix for the requiredfiles field (which is important for new map downloads), so it was time to change the setting now.

We are happy, if many players like it to play on our servers and it helps, if we get feedback (like this thread for example), but we are also interested in updating our servers and show the players, that there is a new build with new features, tweaks, media or bugfixes. There is only one thing, that we want: The best gaming experience for everyone. We are sorry, that this is in our opinion not possible with an outdated build.

The serverlist is full of other servers, which have a lower sv_minclientbuild setting. You should be able to play there as good as before without updating. Or we can ban you on all of our servers, if you want. I havn't tested it, but maybe you will have another message (instead of "new version available") than.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 02:36:30 PM »

Sporti

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
otb u dont understand rocky, he is the master so u should do the server settings how he wants, he is the only person who plays wtf rocky...
just download -> no problem anymore

otb <3 ty for server.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 03:41:18 PM »
we are also interested in updating our servers and show the players, that there is a new build with new features, tweaks, media or bugfixes. There is only one thing, that we want: The best gaming experience for everyone. We are sorry, that this is in our opinion not possible with an outdated build.

makes people aware that there is a site with information, forums, and updates.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
Rocky: is it really that hard to download a newer version? it's not like there's a new one every week.

Thanks for calling us "idiots". We pay much money and even more time to have some servers online. Only for players like you, so maybe you are right and we are idiots ::)

We are happy, if many players like it to play on our servers and it helps, if we get feedback (like this thread for example), but we are also interested in updating our servers and show the players, that there is a new build with new features, tweaks, media or bugfixes. There is only one thing, that we want: The best gaming experience for everyone. We are sorry, that this is in our opinion not possible with an outdated build.

I agree. I currently have my servers set to require at least b29, but I think I'll change that to b30 soon.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:50:49 PM »
Why don't people just upgrade? I always upgrade to the latest build as soon as possible. Maybe lazy people don't upgrade.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 11:54:37 PM »
BTW, the biggest difference between the builds is bug fixes.

There are also some graphical improvments as well as new features being implemented.

The last change was with build 29, so you could play a long time with this build.

We wanted to change it with build 31, but that build had some annoying bugs, that we wouldn't force it.

We have a nice build 32 with build 31 bugfixes and a fix for the requiredfiles field (which is important for new map downloads), so it was time to change the setting now.

Show the players, that there is a new build with new features, tweaks, media or bugfixes.

There is only one thing, that we want: The best gaming experience for everyone. We are sorry, that this is in our opinion not possible with an outdated build.

The serverlist is full of other servers, which have a lower sv_minclientbuild setting.

You should be able to play there as good as before without updating.

Or we can ban you on all of our servers, if you want. I havn't tested it, but maybe you will have another message (instead of "new version available") than.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 08:32:16 AM »
yes i dont dl because im lazy lol no its just everytime i have downloaded a new build its worse, sounds are worse everything just worse, id still use b19 or 21 dont remember if it would be possible. and yeah there are other servers but with like 4 people so its stupid. and yes sporti i am master. and fine dont change the settings then.. i dont play much anyway but i guess i wont play at all then

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:30 AM »
sounds are worse

Do you mean sound quality or you just don't like the sounds. I think there's s bunch of people that don't like the sounds. There are also people that think they're funny.

Aww, the Wilhelm scream is a film classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio

It puts a smile on my face every time I hear it.  Seems you dislike every new death sound.  What kind of death sounds do you like?

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
sounds are worse

I hope you realize it's possible to keep old sounds and still have the latest build of the game.

Still, if the sounds bother you that much, just turn your speakers off. :P
I mean, surely you don't play pb2 solely for the sounds.

I'd also like to point out your inconsistency:

i dont wanna dl every new build cos theres rly nothing new

everytime i have downloaded a new build its worse, sounds are worse everything just worse,

Clearly there is something new that you don't like.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 01:30:27 PM »
Off topic, but what would make you WANT to download a new build?

lester456

• Stingray
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 08:57:44 AM »
Wait what? Rocky, from what I gather, you're still on build 29?

Build 31 has meddling interpolated hitboxes, which is the best thing that happened to DP since it became standalone.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:33:10 AM by lester456 »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
I've changed the speed server to 30, but all other servers are still at 32.