Author Topic: Official HR4 (High-Resolution, 4x) Texture Pack - WIP  (Read 147318 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
Re: Official HR4 (High-Resolution, 4x) Texture Pack - WIP
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:06 AM »
boah everything going to the wrong direction, first sounds now textures(like my own pack much better ) gg

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2011, 10:04:25 AM »
inb4 leaking committee info
This was an idea I posted in the committee section some time ago.

What about creating some public server where people can upload their own textures. Those textures should be available for everyone in the community, but only after Jitspoe (or anyone else appointed by Jitspoe) accepted them. This way we can create a database of legal textures.

I was thinking of some kind of FTP or picture upload solution. This is going to cause quite a lot of work for someone to set it up, but I guess it's the best of all bad solutions we can pick from.

How are the thoughts on this? Don't forget someone has to set up such a server and keep it moderated, etc.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »
Wasn't there something like that planned (together with a new wiki)?

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2011, 10:41:36 AM »
@pvtjimmy
That was exactly what i meant in my post. Definetelly +1 on this.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:45 AM »
I'd prefer only one allowed texture pack. So maps would exactly look the same for everyone and exactly the way a mapper want to have it. Lots of texture packs doesn't fit well with the maps.

Temporarily, it certainly would be an acceptable solution for all players.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2011, 11:26:40 AM »
Hm ok then why not improve jimmys idea. When there is enough texture packs uploaded on server make forum poll so community can vote on the best pack which would be stated as the official one. But usually when you have your pack you think this pack is good and fits well with most of maps the way you like it. This way, mappers can make their maps compatible with official pack but when someone wants his game to have different textures let it be his choice.
BTW:This option might be big plus comparing to other fps games. Not many games have this option ;)

Sassypants

• PGP
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2011, 06:12:58 PM »
These are all awesome textures!!! :D

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »
not to be rude the new official texture pack is really low quality compared to some other HR4 packs out there   icys hr4 is by far the best pack ive seen the new hr4 just dosen't look very good the graphics arent good compared to todays graphics in alot of games

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2011, 06:10:27 AM »
1024x1024 pixel doesnt make make sense if for example tons only are allowed to have 8 sides because of the r_speeds... I think it´s really time for the quake3 engine. Of course it hasn´t to be done from one day to the other but i think that this would give more possibilities for mappers(and maps of course) and there could also be more features for ingame which makes playing more attractive.

(i hope my english is understandable)

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2011, 11:15:42 AM »
 I dont understand what opportunites you are pursuing for mappers. There are bunch of really good looking maps but they are not played, because everybody are busy playing shazam22.

So shut the intercourse up.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2011, 12:05:09 PM »
Of course a new map format would be cool and could improve the game a lot, but it's not that easy to implement. It would be a longer process, because it's not just a setting or a value of the game that could be changed in 5 mins.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
@blaa
Maybe because no server has the new maps...
But i admit thou.
@Chef-killer
I know, but i only wondered for many times why it hasn´t been done yet. I mean i found a thread of the year 2003 where jitspoe talked about it.

Of course it would be a longer process. I have to say i don´t really know much about all the stuff, i only wanted to ask why it wasn´t done yet. Would it be possible to overtake all improvements that are now done on the quake2-engine to the quake3 engine?

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »
These actually look pretty good.  Just browsing around after probably 3 years, glad to see things are still somewhat alive you could say. =P

NJIN

• VM-68
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2011, 05:24:39 PM »
i'm just wondering is there going to be anymore progress any time soon?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2011, 04:27:22 AM »
not sure if this has been said, but the hole at the top of the barrels are multiplied. at least they are on my textures.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »
not sure if this has been said, but the hole at the top of the barrels are multiplied. at least they are on my textures.
If i remember correctly the top of barrel isn't HQ yet. When the pack is finished it shouldn't be multiplied anymore.

Legendz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Well which textures are allowed now?  are ic3y's or Sunmans allowed?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »
So I've finally gotten around to making some barrel top textures.  I made some new barrel side textures to match, since a lot of people didn't like the last ones I did.  I think they were too smeary, so I've cut back on that a bit and made the rust more realistic.  Here's some samples:

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2012, 04:22:35 AM »
 They look great.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
+1
Good job!