Author Topic: new beta: need help  (Read 2029 times)

weissman

• PGP
new beta: need help
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:25:30 PM »
Here is a beta but it doesnt have
1. side to it and it is rather open
2.it doesnt have upgraded guns (dont know how)
3. no ammo (dont know)
4.it is just team deathmatch and elimination (dont know how to do capture the flag and etc...)
5.there is no spawning at different spots (there is only a worldspawn) (i dont know how to make different spawns either)
i am new at this and dont know much and would like to have some help. i do not have a name for it either.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:26:27 PM by weissman »

urworstnightmare

• PGP
Re: new beta: need help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 04:19:28 PM »
Not to Complain, but this map isnt even done enough to be a solid BETA
Sounds like you need to spend some time lurking around the forums before you put this up again, but the things i noticed were:
-plain,boring building (no cover etc...)
-there is no point in having that things out to the side all by itself
-it takes nearly to long to climb up to the chimney and get in there, if there were others in the map i would be gunned down pretty quick
-I like the idea of the chimney leading to a "secret compartment", but it isn't done well
-overall the map so far is mediocre, and it really isn't different than the others that are already out, make it different, and post a new (REAL) BETA in a few days and i will critique it then.
Hope i helped,
-URWORSTNIGHTMARE-

weissman

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
this is my first map so it will be bad but i just need help

urworstnightmare

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 05:35:03 PM »
look around the forums it isn't that hard, ask others for help, just start a topic, its quite simple.

Nuvola

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
When you are on BSP, you normal have your entity window (press E if you don't have it). this entity window will have a selection bar on it and a range of options of entities. when you press one, say the weapon_pbgun, it will have the entity in the box below. there is a question mark on the top right hand corner, which will provide you with information about this entity. for the weapon_pbgun, it will explain how to make spawn the gun, and the different types of guns it will spawn. you can do this for any entity, and this will provide you with plenty of information about BSP.
I hope you can understand this :D

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
I felt so free to eddit your map :)
here are the ".bsp" and ".map" files. But, there are still errors i couldnt fix, maybe Cheff-Killer or Jitspoe should try to fix it

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
I don't know if it's really helpful for you if others edit your map, because you won't learn much this way. However, here's lucky7's .map file without warnings. Nice to see that most of the boxes are aligned well and that the player spawns have the angle key.

weissman

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 10:16:17 PM »
here is my updated map
i like what you guys did but i dont know how to do some of it
and i have a name for it which is "passageways"
and i need some help with the entity infodeathmatch whatever, i cant make it to where you have a certain gun and amount of ammo, why does this not work

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 03:25:59 AM »
i like what you guys did but i dont know how to do some of it
This is what I meant with not really helpful for you :)
Please do the mapname lowercase and use beta extensions, e.g. passageways_b1.bsp.
Didn't lucky7 add equipments to the player spawns?
I guess it's your first map. You should read the sticky topics of this board, start with this one: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=5150.0

Lucky7

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
dude, why didn't you use the ".map" file that Chef and i eddited for you? (That one that has no errors)