Author Topic: Microsoft help.  (Read 1270 times)

capo

• VM-68
Microsoft help.
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:09:19 PM »
For some reason, I can browse numerous webpages. But I can't Go to any microsoft websites. I'm trying to get onto www.outlook.com to check my email for college related things, such as grants and when they will come in.

I've tried googling the answer to my problem, but none of which seem to be what I'm looking for, or help. I've turned off firewalls, and even added exceptions, and it just keeps saying, SERVER NOT FOUND.

Help, please?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:11:51 PM by capo »

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Microsoft help.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 05:03:54 PM »
you might have a malware infestation.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 05:11:13 PM »
Webhead, what programs do you advise I use?
I have MalwareBytes And have done numerous Full/quick scans. Found nothing. Just downloaded Spybot though, and seeing if there's anything it can find.

Also downloaded Hijack this, but Don't really understand that application, lol.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:24:54 PM »
Spybot is a has-been. It's not nearly as effective as it used to be. MalwareBytes' is good -- for the things that it's able to detect. If it doesn't find anything, try running a deep scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware [download]. (Warning: the definition updates for it are quite large.)

If you want, I could help you with HijackThis sometime over TeamViewer. (Basically all you do is look for items that look like they don't belong, and remove them. Experience helps you know what belongs and what doesn't.)

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
Spybot is a has-been. It's not nearly as effective as it used to be. MalwareBytes' is good -- for the things that it's able to detect. If it doesn't find anything, try running a deep scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware [download]. (Warning: the definition updates for it are quite large.)

Emsisoft, It found like, 200 HIGH-RISK things. But I glanced over the HIGH-RISK things, and some were like, WORDPAD.EXE, etc.

Why is that? lol. Some of the things it scanned looked to be just things like, downloaders, I've downloaded, and just things like that.

webhead

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
I have *never* seen it pick up Wordpad as a high-risk object. Did you check the file path? It could be something bad using a filename that most people would overlook -- or, something bad could have infected the real Wordpad.
It will pick up some false positives, that's true. I just white-list them so I never see them again. Just make absolutely sure you know what you're whitelisting.

Another scanner you could try is SUPERAntiSpyware (get the portable version if you just want to scan once and be done with it).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 11:25:13 AM »
Do you by chance have Java installed?

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 01:37:45 PM »
If normal monitors doesn't report anything, try gmer, maybe it's rootkit.
http://www.gmer.net/
Do whole scan, and put log on pastebin and give us link..