Author Topic: Can't open a demo, or start new server IN GAME?  (Read 1438 times)

JUICEY

• VM-68
Can't open a demo, or start new server IN GAME?
« on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Alright so I was organizing my PBALL folder, and then I wanted to see start my own server in game, and a message appeared saying: CANT LOAD PICS/MAPSHOTS/pbcup_pforest. The same goes for watching demos in game. Does anybody know what's going on, and how I can fix this? I might of deleted the wrong thing on accident so does anybody know where/how I can get it back?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Can't open a demo, or start new server IN GAME?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:39:46 PM »
By that last error, I'm guessing you moved or deleted an important DLL. Try reinstalling?

Oh and that mapshot error is nothing, just means you don't have the picture of the map that comes up when choosing a map to set.

JUICEY

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
Yeah I was thinking of reinstalling, but I was just wondering if there is anything else I can do before I reinstall.

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:19:53 PM »
I have joined a few games, some take the maps and files a few minuts to download. Some files don't download so when I play it looks something like the Star Trek TNG Holodeck where missing files should be. How can I go about getting the files downloaded so when I play it looks normal???

payl

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 02:16:35 AM »
I have joined a few games, some take the maps and files a few minuts to download. Some files don't download so when I play it looks something like the Star Trek TNG Holodeck where missing files should be. How can I go about getting the files downloaded so when I play it looks normal???
Look here:
ftp  (: here)  //otb-server.de/
But it might be hard to find... Rather post what files don't you have, so someone will give you pack with these textures?

Or i misunderstand?

P.S. Why don't you create new thread?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 02:44:37 AM »
By that last error, I'm guessing you moved or deleted an important DLL. Try reinstalling?

I believe running a full install over your current install will overwrite the missing files. This as minor hint before entirely reinstalling everything and losing a lot of personal data like maps, screenshots, demo's, etc. I'm not sure though, but I think it's worth giving a try.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:36:51 AM »
Yeah you've either deleted or moved pball/gamex86.dll to get that, restore it from recycle bin or reinstall :)