Author Topic: Kickass multiplayer game (Warning: video card 64 megs+ needed + OpenGL  (Read 3066 times)

supertanker

• VM-68
http://tremulous.net

Although i havent actually played online much, it is SO KICKASS and I have made a map for it too (Still WIP)

I hope you have DSL...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 10:42:11 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:43:50 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I think it's based on Q3.  I've been meaning to check it out.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 11:01:09 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:43:47 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:17:03 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:43:44 AM by Dirty_Taco »

TinMan

• Autococker
I've been playing Tremulous for a while, the main things that I've grasped are that aliens have the advantage on maps that have vents, and humans have the advantage on maps that have high ceilings that the aliens can't crawl up to. (because of jetpacks)
The game is based off of Quake 3, there is no Punkbuster because it uses the icculus Quake 3 engine.

lekky

• Autococker
many servers for it?

Eiii

• Autococker
Yep. But it has a pretty steep learning curve, so don't be scared away by that.

lekky

• Autococker
i had a go, and i wasn't very impressed.

I was just a little bug running around getting shot at :/

TinMan

• Autococker
You were an alien, and you weren't evolved, you can tell by your strange FOV next time. You need to sneak up on humans from the ceiling (press "c" to climb walls), and then you jump down on their face and pwn their eyes out.

SkateR

• Autococker
It's a terrible game. It's phsyics are horrible also. The game is really either youre a human or "alien" which is basically an overgrown spyder.

supertanker

• VM-68
No idea about IRC, and I haven't tried playing that much, but it is soooooo cooooooooollll...

I tried makinga  map for it once:

Smokey

• Autococker
old, me and keno have been playing it for a while. plz tell me your names, i play on TJW server

DT

quakenet #Tremulous

also #Tremulous.pickup
you can find me in both channels =]

TinMan

• Autococker
I am usually either TinMan@Ubuntu or TinMan@FreeBSD, depends on what OS I boot in the morning.

I play on almost all Pub's, my main one is Atlantabreed.

Smokey

• Autococker
play on TJW, my alias is Smokey[KillaZ] =]

TinMan

• Autococker
I played on TJW some today, didn't see you, but I get good ping on that server.  :D Is the "[KilaZ]" server new?

Here's a screenie that I took of some gameplay, humans jetpack around and camping, while aliens hide behind every corner.

Eiii

• Autococker
That's a weird/bad place for a base...

And you want screenshots? I got screenshots.

EDIT: Uploading doesn't work. So...
http://eri3ch.googlepages.com/TremSS.zip

TinMan

• Autococker
On that map, that's probably one of the best spots for a human base, you get those telsa generators up and you've got yourself an awesome base. I've never lost as a human while playing that map with the base there. You can't see it, but there's a turret in the far right corner that takes on any aliens below who are trying to launch projectiles at the base.

And for everyone interested in this game, you should check out Natural Selection too, its half-life, so you gotta pay for that. Personally I like Tremulous better though, Natural Selection uses the Half-Life engine...which is Quake 2 based, Tremulous uses the Quake 3 engine. Another reason I like Tremulous better is the whole "opensource" and "freeware" thing.  ;)

IRC is: #tremulous on irc.quakenet.org

Smokey

• Autococker
no, if you move it downstairs it is much, much better. i think all the dp players should get together and play. later tonight?

Briton

• PGP
Weak, the absence of double/strafe jumping ruins any fps game.

Rubbish, I know loads of good FPS that have no jumping involved. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, to name two.