Author Topic: DP Committee should do something... seriously.  (Read 8507 times)

Haze

• VM-68
DP Committee should do something... seriously.
« on: October 26, 2011, 03:50:04 PM »
If ur in the committee get people to download this game.  i dont see how dp is benefiting from having a committee.  as far as i know all the committee does is ban people from the forums.  i want to see results or i want to start a petition to have the committee removed or for a new committee. 

Haze

• VM-68
Re: DP Committee should do something... seriously.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
is it still not too late? or is dp dead already? i feel it's dead.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
Committee doesn't have the power to ban people from the forums. I do though. I hardly ever ban people but I will not excuse someones action and allow them back regardless if they are putting up a false front of "helping" this game. I hardly doubt my banning a BANNED player from these forums killed this game. Nice try though.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:43:29 PM »
Haze thinks the committee should just recruit people to play. He is new to the game, just let it slide.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:38:23 AM »
i dont see how dp is benefiting from having a committee. 

sorry to say haze, but you totally misunderstanding why there is a committee. The committee was installed to help Jitspoe sorting out stuff. So basically you're right, DP2 is probably not benefiting from having a committee.

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:02:35 AM »
i never mentioned banning a banned member flip... "zing" to pvtjimmy lmao

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 09:11:42 AM »
Flip, sometimes individuals get a ban when they say something someone from the committee might not like... and sometimes the committee doesnt care about the individual and would ban them for over a year just because they dont like them.  I should know i was one of them, i never hacked but i say what i want and didnt deserve a ban and got it anyway...  Its behavor like that, that will kill this game and we have the committee to thank for that.  by the way i dont feel i said anything that bad that i would need a ban and i was banned for more than a year, maybe 2 years perm ban... what i have to do to get back into the forums? i had to be nice... it was pretty homosexuall...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 10:16:25 AM by Haze »

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »
i feel i served my ban time, a while ago, and deserved to be back into forums without having to be nice but this wasn't the case and had to go through a process of being "nice".  i didn't appreciate it. 

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:22 AM »
Committee doesn't have the power to ban people from the forums. I do though. I hardly ever ban people but I will not excuse someones action and allow them back regardless if they are putting up a false front of "helping" this game. I hardly doubt my banning a BANNED player from these forums killed this game. Nice try though.
really? cuz i was see most your psot on saying " you wanna get banned".

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
toxiic, you should leave because you ARE banned. and yet you still play and no one does anything about it.

Haze

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
foxhound: at this point with alot of players gone i dont think that will matter, dp is goin downhill since 4 years ago.  when you think the worst is here it just gets worser, its like the stock market haha.  all of the stock brokers are waiting for the stocks to go up so they can make money, and they've been waiting for 4 years now as well, and the stocks continue to drop lmao.  kinda like this game.  

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »
really? cuz i was see most your psot on saying " you wanna get banned".

There is a difference between flip's work for the committee, and his work as forum moderator.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 05:46:32 PM »
Flip, sometimes individuals get a ban when they say something someone from the committee might not like... and sometimes the committee doesnt care about the individual and would ban them for over a year just because they dont like them.  I should know i was one of them, i never hacked but i say what i want and didnt deserve a ban and got it anyway...  Its behavor like that, that will kill this game and we have the committee to thank for that.  by the way i dont feel i said anything that bad that i would need a ban and i was banned for more than a year, maybe 2 years perm ban... what i have to do to get back into the forums? i had to be nice... it was pretty homosexuall...

Not once have I ever banned anyone FOR a committee member. I have banned individuals temporarily for breaking the FORUM RULES. There are also other mods who are not committee members. Then there is jitspoe. I'll throw this one out there for all of you to understand. When people break the rules in these forums I normally pm them to try to help them understand that their behavior is intolerable before I place a ban. I have learned that is a waste of time. I could post you numerous messages I have received from individuals in this forum to show you how "wonderful" some of you are.

Alas, banning individuals from the forums is not killing the game. Banning individuals from the game is not killing the game either. It is providing a clean place for people to come enjoy themselves. Most of the players who are so stuck on this game play under assumed identities anyways. It's cool though ese'.

Toxiic,  cut the tough guy act. Just because you received a banned for hacking doesn't make you one of the cool crowd. Calm down and get your facts straight.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »
you or someone else banned me for ever of this account.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
Toxiic,  cut the tough guy act. Just because you received a banned for hacking doesn't make you one of the cool crowd. Calm down and get your facts straight.
i think i sense some flaming in their... can some one else make sure of that?

i just came back from a IB portfolio type I and i m in no condition to have an argument over that (took me at least 10 hours to finishing that stupid project)  .

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 11:30:24 PM »
DP2 was not made for the forum, the forum was made for DP2. Spend more time PLAYING than HAZING and you will have more FUN! I mainly come here looking in the map section for new ones,not to bite off someones head for having a better PC with a faster connection and wiping the floor with me. I see more fighting here than at real paintball tournaments and you actually win things there like markers and money.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2011, 02:35:25 AM »
i think i sense some flaming in their... can some one else make sure of that?

I don't see no flaming here. All he says is to calm down and get your facts right. This is probably caused by throwing out false assumptions on the forums.
I think he's correct in telling you to know your position. Getting banned doesn't give you more rights or power than others. Actually I think banned players should be quiet, at least until' their cases are resolved.

Also, please welcome the first smart comment in this topic:

DP2 was not made for the forum, the forum was made for DP2. Spend more time PLAYING than HAZING and you will have more FUN!

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2011, 03:00:56 AM »
im asking people on the street to download this game is that ok for you haze?

Edgecrusher

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 05:10:43 AM »
Dear mr. zimtstern,

You are not helpin anyone with your ironic posts, so seriously stop posting. You... you!

H@ze, please disregard those flamers and tell us, what can we do to help??? Maybe we can make a website where people could learn about DP and talk on forums and stuff like that?

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 03:20:22 AM »
oh cmon just accept the fact that game is dying and theres nothing u can do! at least dont blame the commitee lol.. zimt is doing everything he can to help !

maybe make t shirts with text that says download dp here www.dplogin.com ?
im sure some people are retarded enough to wear those
zimt show online in msn sometimes