Author Topic: Single player  (Read 4818 times)

MarawaNa

• VM-68
Single player
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »
Was just wondering if there had ever been discussion about a single player mode in this game?

Something that could involve like starting off in a regular paintball team, progressing through tournaments/leagues.

Obviously the other players would be bots, but im sure jitspoe could do some sort of coding from making them pretty unaccurate to accurate at different stages of the game.

Would be something different rather than going into servers that are half dead, gives people something to play if nobodys on at specific times.

Just an idea.

- MarawaNa

S8NSSON

• Autococker
Re: Single player
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »
Nope. Never discussed. You're the first!

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
I thought there was an idea for a campaign mode.

MarawaNa

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:58:22 PM »
Nope. Never discussed. You're the first!

i should be proud, i generally think its a good idea, although i know it probably wont go down.
Understanding that it would be hard as its not a realistic game, and making bots do some mad jumps would be hard to code i guess.

What about making the campaign different from online, like paintball tourney maps, plain and simple flat ground with some floats scattered or something, without the dynamic jumping also, but it would probably be pointless since it would be a completely different game.

- MarawaNa

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »
Actually, not having a single player is the reason a large percentage of people uninstall the game, based on what I've seen from the uninstall surveys.  Improving the bots is the first step.  I'm not sure how far it will go from there.  I think a Quake3Arena or Unreal Tournament style single player is probably what I'd go for if I did one.

I also think it would be fun to do some kind of a horde mode where you fight larger and larger numbers of enemies in each wave.  Could be great fun for coop, too, if you just want to play with 1 or 2 friends who might not have the same skill level as you.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:35:30 AM »
I also think it would be fun to do some kind of a horde mode where you fight larger and larger numbers of enemies in each wave.  Could be great fun for coop, too, if you just want to play with 1 or 2 friends who might not have the same skill level as you.

Would you put in some kind of new elimination system? Considering it's one hit I think it would be kind of hard to take on 20+ guys at once. Unless you plan on giving them a paintbrush melee attack they can only use.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
Would you put in some kind of new elimination system? Considering it's one hit I think it would be kind of hard to take on 20+ guys at once. Unless you plan on giving them a paintbrush melee attack they can only use.
It would work better in coop - as long as one person survives the round, everybody moves on to the next round.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
Sounds like an awesome idea. 

Would be pretty cool if mappers were able to add objectives to maps.  Would open up a whole new world for mappers.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »
+1 horde

Edit: +1 Zombie skins

Was talking to everyone about the thought of a horde mode and we all love this idea :) DO IT
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:31:14 PM by Foxhound »

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
 +1 for Der Riese and shin no numa or w/e it is.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:46:32 AM »
Well i was thinking about a survival mod something like ''Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword'' You get enemys with a paintball gun and they get every round harder to beat etc

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:04:38 AM »
Well i was thinking about a survival mod something like ''Mount&Blade With Fire & Sword'' You get enemys with a paintball gun and they get every round harder to beat etc

soooooooo horde mod........ yeah i think this should be implemented before the jump mod.

This8

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 02:34:34 PM »
i just start a match and type in ( addbot ) then i press up and enter and get one more

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
i just start a match and type in ( addbot ) then i press up and enter and get one more

People want something different.

I wanted a Quake 2 style campaign mode, where players get a primary objective and a few secondary objectives. I think I figured out how it could work.

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 03:52:35 AM »
download pcdpmodv1.1 then make a server and go to admin panel > bots > EASY   
now add some bots and they would have less accuracy
if u select normal or hard their accuracy increases.
in this way u can play offline as a single player