Author Topic: Who's Playing for Who anyway?  (Read 18126 times)

JOE

• 68 Carbine
Re: Who's Playing for Who anyway?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 12:25:06 AM »
a set of rules wouldnt work because there's nobody to enforce them

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 12:52:32 AM »

Once its the Global ban/login system is done. It will help more with alot more.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 01:13:28 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:32 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 02:08:55 AM »
Very nicely put e3rrt clan member / pbcup off / part time {I} . No colfict of interest there huh? If not then explain yourslef.

Really? How about a league of players that agree to play for a certain team for as long as a close to as a blood / faith / and a promised oath will allow. Once its the Global ban/login system is done. It will help more than you possibly imagine.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 02:46:52 AM »
I'd hate to say it but loial is right, by making a login system there are ways to assign players id numbers which can be viewed by all players in a server with or without a login. 

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 03:56:35 AM »
In cases like this you may call me Loi-yoda. But thanks anyhow.

Playah

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 04:47:41 AM »
The only reason i'd ever play for a clan like insane is because the multitude of times things like this have happened:

<Lunatic> well digi asked me like 10 minutes ago <PBCup^J0E> well we have a chance against xb
....and: * You were kicked from #team_er33t by *insertonemembershere* (*insertonemembershere*) = kickban
Then later i sent a !scrim 3on3 and ruddy asked me if we wanna match them....

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 06:14:57 AM »
LoL, Perfecto! Exactamundo! Senor la machismo.

My spelling still sucks. :(

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 10:40:02 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:28 AM by Dirty_Taco »

S8NATHOME

• PGP
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2006, 12:27:29 PM »
LOL you guys are funny and pathetic at the same time.
You can't regulate unorganized match play.
A global login will do absolutely nothing to moderate unorganized match play.
Any global login system that attempts to do so would be a joke, and a hair short of a dictatorship.
In pbcup, leagues, tournaments, and anything else "organized," sure, the global login will work fine.
Not for simple pub and casual, "unorganized" match play.

Is it right to jump in with another clan for whatever reason? Absolutely. It's a game...play away. You want to ensure you're playing with a set group of members play in an organized arena where players are checked. TWL has a great system for this.

Global login should ONLY ensure thatn the logged in person is who they claim to be. It should be up to the league/tournament/whoever to associate a player with a clan and make sure the right players are in sactioned matches.

Further more, the global login system should offer these leagues/tournament a unique GUID derived from various components of thier system that can be registered with the player, as part of a clan, on any league/tournament.

Pub is pub.
Unorganized matches are just what they sound like.

Quit crying because you are unknowingly being forced to play people that you run from on a daily basis.
Run to the mirror and discover yourself.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 12:50:33 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:39:23 AM by Dirty_Taco »

Fyre

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 01:13:22 PM »
jitspoe shouldn't be someone designated to generate and enforce rules within the clan community since he doesn't take part in the clan community.
My thoughts exactly.

JOE

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 03:49:28 PM »
s8n I pitty you

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 06:12:11 PM »
Taco,
Please dont discredit me in that way. You know nothing about me outside of this forum and playing against me in game. So respectfully please don’t post about something about me you know nothing about. The last clan match I played against we tied AB in pbcup. AS far as committing my self to 45 minutes of uninterrupted match play or however long it takes, yes it will be few and far between. I have a life that requires me to be not on the computer 24/7 waiting for someone to match, I have a job and a loving, demanding wife. Do I need to remind you again that this is not the only game I play or have played and clanned in, please don’t be so obtuse. I think your position on this is a little biased, since we are talking about people like yourself who plays with no regards to any honestly about who you are. "who plays for who", that’s about as on topic as one can get DT. I can say one thing about you that is nice. You tend not to use aliases as much as others, thank you :)

Again DP has one of the more disorganized set up for matches to the point that its pathetic, yet another reason I try to stay away from it until it gets the tools it needs to be a more honest and fun (good sportsmanship) environment. Until then have fun being a cowards. Other than not wanting others to know who you are, what possible advantage does this give you anyway?

AS s8n mentioned go look at your self in a mirror and stop using aliases, it is underhanded and not very honest nor fair to your opponent. Just the kind of people I like playing against (not) in public or matches, if you cant even be honest about who you are perhaps you have no business playing, This goes back to trusting people you play against, something that Bain mentioned. When you do crap like this you lose the communities trust for the most part. But its not as if you care about your opponents trust or respect, you are poor sport to begin with. Cry when you loose or stomp when you win. It is all the same, a lack of fundamental gaming morals. This was not directed at anyone person, just a general statement of how it sucks to play against this type of behavior.

The purpose of this topic was to call out people who clan hops under different aliases. Again just the kind of people I like to play against, NOT!!! Another reason not to match outside of an organized event. You can hardly find and honest clan anymore it seems like, or at least one that last long than year. For instance GT would have no problem matching against Rust, AB or even Chill if the time was preset like it was in pbcup.

AS far as crying about it, yes most clans in any game would S8n, so that is a little easier said then done, and you know this. I am also sure that there are those who don’t care about honesty and integrity in public play or "unofficial matches", I happen to. I was hoping you as well would agree but I will let your silence speak for yourself. I will even take this a step further and add that most gamers find it more enjoyable to know whom you are playing against. For instance, when you win. You would like to keep a record of whom you beat. Correct? I just find it cowardly to use aliases where as lets say agood percentage of e3rrt and Insane does not, the rest of us seem to disagree with these tactics. Again more actions with impunity is what we are dealing with, you guys simply don’t care about the honesty when it comes what name you use to play in public and unofficial matches, so what if you loose, it was not you to begin with, no big deal right? That is the only advantage of using a different alias that is not your own, that I can see. IF there are other more grand reasons why, please let me know.

A global login will help lower the chance of you playing against someone who likes to use 40 different aliases. That is all.   

Qoo

• VM-68
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 06:26:36 PM »
Comparing paintball to a dictatorship is kind of dramatic.

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:27 PM »
Just for the record, we have lost once when using DT so its not all about the record. you guys point out but i garuntee there are many other clans that use other members but won't say anything.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
This is starting to piss me off. All the stupid immature dicks need to grow up. If YOU want a fair and trustworthy system YOU have to make one. That means primarily making sure YOU follow correct procedure and ethics. Don't blame YOUR poor gamesmanship on others.

Any responses to this post along the lines of "you are a newbie so shut up", "don't act like a pro cos you're not", "shut up and die" "LoL" "0RLy" are noot needed here.

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2006, 07:03:01 PM »
I agree with S8N.

BooMeR

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »
Lekky the thing is, there aren't officially set rules unless its PBCup, that's the point.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 07:12:29 PM »
Taco,
Please dont discredit me in that way. You know nothing about me outside of this forum and playing against me in game. So respectfully please don’t post about something about me you know nothing about. The last clan match I played against we tied AB in pbcup. AS far as committing my self to 45 minutes of uninterrupted match play or however long it takes, yes it will be few and far between. I have a life that requires me to be not on the computer 24/7 waiting for someone to match, I have a job and a loving, demanding wife. Do I need to remind you again that this is not the only game I play or have played and clanned in, please don’t be so obtuse. I think your position on this is a little biased, since we are talking about people like yourself who plays with no regards to any honestly about who you are. "who plays for who", that’s about as on topic as one can get DT. I can say one thing about you that is nice. You tend not to use aliases as much as others, thank you Smiley

Again DP has one of the more disorganized set up for matches to the point that its pathetic, yet another reason I try to stay away from it until it gets the tools it needs to be a more honest and fun (good sportsmanship) environment. Until then have fun being a cowards. Other than not wanting others to know who you are, what possible advantage does this give you anyway?

AS s8n mentioned go look at your self in a mirror and stop using aliases, it is underhanded and not very honest nor fair to your opponent. Just the kind of people I like playing against (not) in public or matches, if you cant even be honest about who you are perhaps you have no business playing, This goes back to trusting people you play against, something that Bain mentioned. When you do crap like this you lose the communities trust for the most part. But its not as if you care about your opponents trust or respect, you are poor sport to begin with. Cry when you loose or stomp when you win. It is all the same, a lack of fundamental gaming morals. This was not directed at anyone person, just a general statement of how it sucks to play against this type of behavior.

The purpose of this topic was to call out people who clan hops under different aliases. Again just the kind of people I like to play against, NOT!!! Another reason not to match outside of an organized event. You can hardly find and honest clan anymore it seems like, or at least one that last long than year. For instance GT would have no problem matching against Rust, AB or even Chill if the time was preset like it was in pbcup.

AS far as crying about it, yes most clans in any game would S8n, so that is a little easier said then done, and you know this. I am also sure that there are those who don’t care about honesty and integrity in public play or "unofficial matches", I happen to. I was hoping you as well would agree but I will let your silence speak for yourself. I will even take this a step further and add that most gamers find it more enjoyable to know whom you are playing against. For instance, when you win. You would like to keep a record of whom you beat. Correct? I just find it cowardly to use aliases where as lets say agood percentage of e3rrt and Insane does not, the rest of us seem to disagree with these tactics. Again more actions with impunity is what we are dealing with, you guys simply don’t care about the honesty when it comes what name you use to play in public and unofficial matches, so what if you loose, it was not you to begin with, no big deal right? That is the only advantage of using a different alias that is not your own, that I can see. IF there are other more grand reasons why, please let me know.

A global login will help lower the chance of you playing against someone who likes to use 40 different aliases. That is all.   

thats like calling him fat, or open minded. lol please remember obtuse is greater that 90.

on a better note, i have a 300$ php system that  i OWN(yes paid for) that could easily be used to dp. if any clans would use this, it would be awsome.

features:
Can create a clan
Can invite people to join
Can challange clans
Can accept/deny wins( to prevent fake wins)
Full admin interface includes;
Editing players,clans and ladders.
Deleteing players,clans,and ladders.
Creating players,clans and ladders

www.arena-zone.com is the system all setup.