Author Topic: Request Demo for [CC]Morbid  (Read 7546 times)

nub

• VM-68
Request Demo for [CC]Morbid
« on: December 15, 2011, 11:48:43 PM »
On roundup about 12:30 EST

Thanks

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Request Demo for [CC]Morbid
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 06:35:36 AM »
inb4 excrementstorm

inb4

Whenever someone requests a demo, (s)he must post his/her own demo along with suspicious times
When times are provided, we can have a look at the demo and decide whether the demo is indeed needed, or if the request was made out of rage because of losing a match. Of course the "alleged hacker" is still requested to upload his demo, in case he spots the thread before someone has looked into the demo. This measure should never be used as an excuse not the upload a demo!

IMPORTANT: All requests where the requester has not uploaded his/her own demo (accompanied with the suspicious times), will be reported to a forum moderator, who will lock the thread.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:36:57 PM »
excuse me jimmy. dont give us that crap when i post a good thread for colas demo and never got one only to hear "cc doesn't post demos". wheres the quote for the ban time associated with not giving a demo?

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 10:14:23 PM »
The committee isn't going to do a formal request for cola's demo before they have evidence pointing at it being necessary. If you can prove to them that cola's gameplay does seem suspicious, and then have cola refuse to prove his innosense by handing out his demo for example, the committee can consider banning him. Before that happens, they won't.

nub

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 10:25:19 PM »
this is for morbid joonas, learn to read.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
this is for morbid joonas, learn to read.

I was replying to foxhound there, I just forgot to quote him o.O

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:54 AM »
please look up what inb4 means bro.

S8NSSON

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »
The committee isn't going to do a formal request for cola's demo before they have evidence pointing at it being necessary. If you can prove to them that cola's gameplay does seem suspicious, and then have cola refuse to prove his innosense by handing out his demo for example, the committee can consider banning him. Before that happens, they won't.

How can you "prove" the need for a demo to prove someone is hacking? Seriously?
Here's proof: I think the dude/chick was hacking. Now give me the darn demo!

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 11:10:07 AM »
How can you "prove" the need for a demo to prove someone is hacking? Seriously?
Here's proof: I think the dude/chick was hacking. Now give me the darn demo!

Where's the "like" button on this forum?

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »
excuse me jimmy. dont give us that crap when i post a good thread for colas demo and never got one only to hear "cc doesn't post demos". wheres the quote for the ban time associated with not giving a demo?

Haha. Didn't think you were serious. Haven't been on the forum in months.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »

A formal request would've taken less effort than that post.  Why not formally request a demo pursuant to a community member's request?  Doesn't the community exist to serve the needs of both the subjects (community) and creator (jits)? 

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 04:05:00 AM »
A formal request would've taken less effort than that post.  Why not formally request a demo pursuant to a community member's request?  Doesn't the community exist to serve the needs of both the subjects (community) and creator (jits)? 

Here is the deal. IF nub had posted his demo with suspicious times then the committee would review it before BOTHERING the other player if it doesn't look suspicious at all.

If all players would just quit being horrible, this could all be avoided. How hard is it to give a demo to the person asking in the first place? Why should it even come to this point?

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
If all players would just quit being horrible, this could all be avoided. How hard is it to give a demo to the person asking in the first place? Why should it even come to this point?

Because its a rule and people like taking advantage of it just to be a douche.

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »
Here is the deal. IF nub had posted his demo with suspicious times then the committee would review it before BOTHERING the other player if it doesn't look suspicious at all.

to bad the majority of the committee has no idea what they're looking at when reviewing a demo

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »
to bad the majority of the committee has no idea what they're looking at when reviewing a demo

So why don't you take a little time to offer your help to some of us committee members?

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
So why don't you take a little time to offer your help to some of us committee members?

Oh, so if people criticize something, it's: Well then do something about it!

When people put forth effort, it's some kind of ignorant response.

And you wonder why people don't help...

Riddick

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 10:03:36 AM »

id be glad to help but my input wouldnt be taken seriously enough to matter or at least i dont think it would. * i wasnt bashing you guys was just pointing out the truth. * i realize you all try your hardest

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 01:52:29 AM »
Riddick... you got some brown on your... aww intercourse it, stop kissing ass :)

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

Honestly, I didn't see that nub didn't post his demo before I posted that, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't addressing the demo request.  I was actually addressing the fact of the committee not asking someone for their demo with out evidence prior to requesting it.  Hacking will be much more evident on the demo of the person allegedly hacking than the person accusing.  I do believe the accuser should post their demo first, but I believe the committee should not use their demo as the sole piece of evidence and not bother requesting the accused party for their demo.  For instance, if I think someone was hacking and the moment I think they were hacking they happened to be located behind me and shot at me for a full 2 or 3 seconds before killing me.  From my demo, you might say "He was shooting at you for a few seconds, its no surprise that you died."  However, you may not notice that they were shooting directly at me through a wall a few more seconds before there was a clear shot because you wouldn't be able to see that from my perspective.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 04:37:14 AM »
Honestly, I didn't see that nub didn't post his demo before I posted that, but that doesn't matter because I wasn't addressing the demo request.  I was actually addressing the fact of the committee not asking someone for their demo with out evidence prior to requesting it.  Hacking will be much more evident on the demo of the person allegedly hacking than the person accusing.  I do believe the accuser should post their demo first, but I believe the committee should not use their demo as the sole piece of evidence and not bother requesting the accused party for their demo.  For instance, if I think someone was hacking and the moment I think they were hacking they happened to be located behind me and shot at me for a full 2 or 3 seconds before killing me.  From my demo, you might say "He was shooting at you for a few seconds, its no surprise that you died."  However, you may not notice that they were shooting directly at me through a wall a few more seconds before there was a clear shot because you wouldn't be able to see that from my perspective.

That's why people request the demo of the opposite team. If their own demo is reason for suspicion, they want to see what his enemy saw at that time. If there's still reason to believe he hacks after watching the other demo's, the great excrementstorm of our time goes loose.

By letting the "requester" review his own demo first (he has to posts the suspicious times along with his own demo), the committee hoped to eliminate most of the requests before they even reach the forum.

Also, I believe noone has been banned based on just demo's. Not even the ones who were clearly hacking...