Author Topic: New Map: MtnWars Beta Release  (Read 2093 times)

Bling

• Stingray
New Map: MtnWars Beta Release
« on: June 10, 2006, 05:05:12 AM »
This is the 2nd beta I have released.  The first 1 had 1 path that was just... too "ugly" in my eyes.  This beta I am releasing has the 2nd passage way, with the bunker buildings as i call them, gutted almost completely.  I post this
to ask the people of DP what they would like to see added to that side and the rest of the map.  Reply to this with screen shots of where you would like to see the stuff added and details of how you would like it to look.  I noticed that some of the spawn entities are spawning you with no co2, different sized co2.  I will fix this in the next beta but for now, test my map. :)

http://www.mooload.com/new/file.php?file=files/100606/1149936641/beta_mtnwars1.bsp

JR

• Stingray
Re: New Map: MtnWars Beta Release
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 06:31:57 AM »
It would be kool to have maybe a couple of things to hide behind in this stretch, but not to much where it could slow you down.  Also mavbe a small ramp in this stretch so you could jump up on top of the wooden structure.  Looks like it will be fun. GJ

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »
Okay I'll add that to the list.  That section is still in development.  I did have it completely redone and not straight. but I didn't really like the look of it so I took it back to the old look and removed almost everything.

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 07:20:13 AM »
To me it looks like a pub map so if your gonna keep up with it id suggest making it pub friendly.  Plenty of bunkers for the noobs and all autocockers/mags.

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:26:02 AM »
Lmao ZL.  I think it would make a good 3 v 3 or 4 v 4 map myself.  But yeah I think it would be great for pub.  I don't really like the bunker idea because, I have an idea in my head right now that would make the map more interesting.  I am thinking of, on the really fast route, making a tunnel in the wall you can jump into, and that will lead from there to the other side of the map with the bunkers and to both bases.  I think that will make it a little more interesting.  I am also pondering on another idea but it's not for sure yet.

Pimp

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 11:22:07 AM »
I like your stile. the way with the hills/jumps is very nice, u can get a nice speed and overfly the whole way. i like this.
the raised terrace is also a nice thing, looks interesting.

the lights, sorry, are looking ugly. they are really waste.
you haven't compiled the map with lighting, and also without vis. do so and it will look a lot better.

Bling

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 06:21:20 PM »
Thanks pimp.  Yeah I am going to remove the lights and possibly make it a daytime map with sun angles or surface lighting on some, not all, but a few textures.  I like your map Rome also.  Keep up the good work.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 05:01:18 PM »
You need to do a full compile on your map (including vis and light) even for a beta release.  Also, the rock walls look really bland and unrealistic.  Take a look at something like snip_pb1 and see how those walls were done.

Vinne

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 05:19:40 AM »
u need to put some barrels and other stuff in there one shot from the fort and u could be out i ve played its ok but more stuff in okay?