Author Topic: 3 shoots life  (Read 3779 times)

unowos

• PGP
3 shoots life
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:39:31 PM »
As i was discussing in the chat, i think that could be good to have a 3 shoots life, if not for all, maybe as an experimental feature, or maybe for newbies.
Could be good.
Specially for newbies, and for 1 vs 1 games.

With 3 shoots give us the opportunity to improve, to defend, to make a tactical attack...

And If there is a grenade...
   ... contact      = 3 shoot - lifes
   ... very close   = 2 shoot - lifes
   ... near          = 1 shoot life

Maybe a poll could be good among non-pro players...

It is just and idea.

Great job

Ghadente

• Stingray
Re: 3 shoots life
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:00:31 AM »
"3 shoots life" i'm assuming means it takes 3 shots to kill someone, there's many problems to that idea...

first and most importantly the game is paintball, and paintball is typically 1 shot one eliminated. To change this would change the game to something else, it wouldn't be paintball anymore, imo.
Implementing a feature like this just for new players (if possible) wouldn't really help them improve in the long run. They would just be getting used to playing with a feature that is not part of the normal game. Best way for a player to get better is to just practice playing the game the way it is, not by making things easier for them. Something i learned from playing ping-pong is you get better faster with constant practice against/with more experienced players, i think this applies to just about any type of game.
Another issue with your idea is fire-rate of the guns. 3 hits wouldn't even be that much of a help unless your opponent is using pgp.

Hate to shoot your idea down but I would suggest getting used to 1 hit eliminated,, no health-bar, no lives, you get hit you're out, that's just how pball is played

rafalluz

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:06:28 AM »
For newbies, good idea would be configurable spawn protection, eg. until they move or shoot. Handy, as this game highly encourages spawnkilling in its mechanics.

unowos

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
but pball 2.0 is not real.
You cant jump that high. So it doesnt matter to add 3 shoots life...
;P

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:04 AM »
 I think Ghadente said it:
Quote from: Ghadente
Implementing a feature like this just for new players (if possible) wouldn't really help them improve in the long run. They would just be getting used to playing with a feature that is not part of the normal game. Best way for a player to get better is to just practice playing the game the way it is, not by making things easier for them. Something i learned from playing ping-pong is you get better faster with constant practice against/with more experienced players, i think this applies to just about any type of game.
Another issue with your idea is fire-rate of the guns. 3 hits wouldn't even be that much of a help unless your opponent is using pgp.

unowos

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:55 AM »
mmm, yes...
but, have you play 1 vs 1? Or have you been newbie recently?
In the moment you hit the enemy, you win. No matter if you have pick the flag, or if it was just a lucky jumping-ball casuality...
In the menu, where weapons are configurable, could be there a option to choose 1 shoot, 3 shoots... and like and option could work...

About what you say, people want to enjoy, not to learn...
And they dont want to make a college course to learn to play.
If this game would be new, then there are not be pro players, same chances for all.
But as long it has a long history... newbies have no chance to learn because they are eliminated very soon... then get tired of it... then they stop to promote it.
Just talk with newbies, not with pro players.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 09:29:38 AM »
mmm, yes...
but, have you play 1 vs 1? Or have you been newbie recently?
In the moment you hit the enemy, you win. No matter if you have pick the flag, or if it was just a lucky jumping-ball casuality...
In the menu, where weapons are configurable, could be there a option to choose 1 shoot, 3 shoots... and like and option could work...

About what you say, people want to enjoy, not to learn...
And they dont want to make a college course to learn to play.
If this game would be new, then there are not be pro players, same chances for all.
But as long it has a long history... newbies have no chance to learn because they are eliminated very soon... then get tired of it... then they stop to promote it.
Just talk with newbies, not with pro players.

Yep, but if we would delete this game now. Remake it entirely. With brand new settings and what not. Make it fair for everybody. Then after couple of days then we have some players who played the new version more, adapted better. You can't have everything fair.

And I would like to see the college where courses are like learning how to shoot in video games.

unowos

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:39 AM »
;P
ok
im just want to cooperate.

See u

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:09:52 PM »
I think requiring more than 1 shot to kill people would be more difficult for new players.  If it's your first time playing, and you're playing against an experienced player who is flying around the map, it's going to be hard enough to land one shot on him, let alone 3.  Meanwhile, he'll have no problem hitting you repeatedly.

unowos

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
it is true.
Just forget.

thanks

Ghadente

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »
but pball 2.0 is not real.
You cant jump that high. So it doesnt matter to add 3 shoots life...
;P

hey hey hey... how do you know how high i can jump, hmm? i'll have you know i practice my dbl jumps everyday in RL :-P

PGPSandman

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
I am hearing about zombie mods and other non paitnball things to be added so why not a 3 shot to kill then. Zombies have nothing to do with paintball, I have been told this is not real paintball when I suggest real type things. What gives?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 01:59:51 AM »
 I think you should read other arguments besides the 'not real' ones as well. And I haven't heard of mods 'to be added'.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
I've played at fields that require 2 chest shots to kill (or 1 headshot), so requiring multiple hits isn't necessarily "unrealistic".  Also, we play lots of zombie paintball at our field, so that's not "unrealistic" either.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 03:40:05 PM »
A zombie gamemode could be interesting. Maybe an option (spawn in the offenders team) for the siege gamemode would be enough.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 12:24:52 PM »
I am hearing about zombie mods and other non paitnball things to be added so why not a 3 shot to kill then. Zombies have nothing to do with paintball, I have been told this is not real paintball when I suggest real type things. What gives?

Horde mode, not zombie mod. horde just means you get increasingly bigger waves of opponents every round you manage to live.

Fact