Author Topic: Please Help Installing Linux Video Drivers!  (Read 1825 times)

KnoppiX

• PGP
Please Help Installing Linux Video Drivers!
« on: June 17, 2006, 02:08:52 PM »
hi im having problems with installing those ATI Propertary drivers. i downloaded the 30Mb .run and when i trry and run it Kwrite opens it. i set it on execute but it doesn't execute. konsole seems useless cause cd doesn't work for somreason. i have a x300 with no 3d support. please help!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 02:24:29 AM by webhead »

TinMan

• Autococker
Re: Please Help! Linux Drivers!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 02:56:46 PM »
I don't know kde that well, but there should be a "run command" thing, like you usually hit Alt+F2, then just type "cd /path/to/drivers;sudo sh ati.run" er whatever command you would usually do to run it, use ";" to combine commands.

And good luck with ATI drivers...

KnoppiX

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 04:38:10 PM »
i figured out its CRTL + E in Konqurer and ran the wizard. now i need help with fxgl config setup stuff.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:29:42 PM »
Check the UbuntuForums, or knoppix forums, or some forums that have to do with linux and ATI. The reason I said good luck is becaust ATI's linux drivers rarely work, and when they do work they are usually messed up and give you a horrid res.

knoppix222

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 09:24:47 PM »
**this is Knoppix, lazy to login**

got 3d support working, thank you The Jem Report!!!

but i have a problem now, when i open pb2 it is SUPER SLOWWWWW  :o other 3d proggies which are in a window are slow too. X-Moto is the only game which isn't (but thats a full screen game) now im thinking this might be the problem:

It shows OpenGL overlay is off, i dunno how to turn it on or should it stay off?  ??? also im thinking my resolution is wayy too high for my x300. (its at the same resolution as the screenie) what do you think?