Author Topic: new map ?  (Read 6066 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
new map ?
« on: June 05, 2012, 04:33:26 AM »
b2 uploaded

playable now, but not even nearly finished
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 04:41:49 AM by _burnt »

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: new map ?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 11:54:38 AM »
one clear problem... you cant get into blue base.

hope  you fix it up soon. also the dj barrel to backdoor to red flag needs to be backed up more so that people can't get lined while using it.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 02:27:02 AM »
yup, i've made it playable now, cap points and so on.. check the first post i've attached the map there

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:24:56 AM »
looks nice :D

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 04:01:39 AM »
Looks interesting with different parts like snow, gras, sand.

The snow is sometimes completely white, if there're no shadows. Looks weird, but happens often with that texture, sadly.

I'm not sure if you ever want to finish this map. If so, make sure you can walk/shoot through the trees and fix the glichtes high mid.

Seems that you can rush better from red to blue. Might be just a feeling and it's kind of normal if the map isn't mirrored.

One red barrel is misaligned :P

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
JeeJee, you're back!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 05:51:32 PM »
Bridge looks pretty cool from the screenshot.

Scars

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:55 AM »
I thought you'd never come back :O. The mapping and gameplay are interresting, and the map is easily playable. It's nice to see an assymetrical map, it's more realistic in my opinion and it radically changes the gameplay. I don't really like the blue base as much as the red though, probably because of the white snow texture and the fact that it's emptier than the red base, which might give a big disadventage. But, the backdoor way in the blue base is cool and interesting. And, you should fix what chef pointed out. It's great otherwise.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:58:45 AM »
I've added boxes, changed some things a bit and so on.. Put sight blocks to bases so you can't see so well to the routes coming to the bases. needs some clutter for the mid also. attached in the first post
Looks interesting with different parts like snow, gras, sand.

The snow is sometimes completely white, if there're no shadows. Looks weird, but happens often with that texture, sadly.

I'm not sure if you ever want to finish this map. If so, make sure you can walk/shoot through the trees and fix the glichtes high mid.

Seems that you can rush better from red to blue. Might be just a feeling and it's kind of normal if the map isn't mirrored.

One red barrel is misaligned :P

Map is online @ [OTB] Beta!
after putting the brushes for the trees so you can't shoot/walk trough them and final compiled they turned brown, why is this happening? Glitches in hghmid have disappeared by themselves for now, didn't do anything there.
can't do anything to the snow texture. I dont mind that it turns to white but it looks overbright :/. tho if you look snow at winter at a bright weather it looks pretty much the same.
i think that going from red to blue and viceversa blances after putting clutter there and also when you're in a gameplay situtation, you have ppl shooting at you and so on...

i think i'm only working on this for this week, after that i'm on summer vacation :) so it remains to be seen if i'm going to continue my work at autumn, maybe if people really like it

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 09:15:26 AM »
I had the same problem with the trees while working on island. It was fixed after I moved up the brush from the ground a little bit (4 or 8 units i think). Because of the ground structure it shouldn't be able to shoot under the tree.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 10:41:48 AM »
they're 8 units from the ground. when I had them touching the ground model wasnt appearing at all. what surface properties you used? i just put nodraw, because I think i've made them like that before and it has worked

Also how can I add multiple file paths to requiredfiles?

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »
nodraw + detail

"requiredfiles" "path1 path2 path3" (with a space between the paths)

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:44 AM »
Ok, I thought it might be like that. Also the color change seems to be lighting issue, dunno what to do about it

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
Did you tried a smaller brush? Maybe something like this...
   _
  |_|
  |_|
 |__|
 |__|
|___|
|___|

It's not perfect, but might help.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »
please move that barrel back on the snow side to HBD area.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
please move that barrel back on the snow side to HBD area.

Back to where it was or further away from the base area?

Did you tried a smaller brush? Maybe something like this...
   _
  |_|
  |_|
 |__|
 |__|
|___|
|___|

It's not perfect, but might help.

It's thinner from the top end, going to try if it helps when I make the whole brush a bit thinner

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2012, 02:49:33 PM »
make it so the barrel can not be seen when you are standing on snow side flag. other wise there's no point in having the back door due to the fact you can just line it so it can not be used.