Author Topic: TOURNAMENT CUP IN THE SPIRT OF OLYMPICS - SPONSORED BY eR33t GAMING SERVERS! ;-)  (Read 6590 times)

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
Early rules.. still coming together, target date: the end of this month. No website up yet, more details coming soon. Is anyone in the Euro. community willing to donate a few servers? We have the American ones covered.

- 1 Map of  USA servers (sponsored by eR33t.com)
- 1 Map played on Euro. servers (sponsored by <?>)

*Higher Seed (based on voting) gets home field advantage and chooses first (tie map, or USA/Euro server preference).

Tournaments to Enter (links to click and register for FREE will appear below soon, check back often! ;))

- August 22nd 4 on 4 Team Event (2 out of 3 maps*, Single Elimination)

- August 22nd 6 on 6 Team Event (2 maps, total score,  Single Elimination)

- August 24th 1 vs 1 World Championships (1 map, pbcup.bsp, 11 minute matches,  Single Elimination)

- August 24th 2 vs 2 Team (2 maps, total score,  Single Elimination)

- August 25th USA vs Europe 2012 Bowl World Championship (11 vs 11, 4 maps, total score, leaders and members selected by voting, occurs at end of tournament series)

Ruleset: Standard eR33t.com Config

Prizes: ??? o_O

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Might be able to run you a UK server or two on the dm.bantero.us box. Spam me on IRC with what you need.

Rocky

• Autococker
this sounds nice ! i could play in the 1on1 and probably the 2on2.. and in the usa vs europe :)

idias wanna be my mate ?

or how does the registeration work ??

Morphin

• VM-68
w00000t. sounds very nice :)

Chalk

• VM-68
oh excrement this is niccee

gonass

• 68 Carbine
You can't have a tournament, they're Clipz idea.  :D

MosEz

• Autococker
sounds nice.

idias

• Autococker
this sounds nice ! i could play in the 1on1 and probably the 2on2.. and in the usa vs europe :)

idias wanna be my mate ?

or how does the registeration work ??
I'm gonna be gone from 15-27th :P

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
I like the idea of getting some tournaments for the more active players. Still, I believe the 1v1 and 11v11 will be more like a farce;
1v1 heavily depends on ping/ server location and the 11v11 vote system will most likely end in friends voting for friends

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
I'm gone from the 15th-25th can you push this back a week? I havent played vs you guys in years and I want to haha.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
and i'm gone from the 19th-23rd :(

CheMiCal

• Autococker
i think the 1v1 map should be changed since it's not what most of the players nowadays would like. i was thinking shazam22, greenhill, airtime. any other people agree on a map change for the 1v1?

Morphin

• VM-68
I think Chemical should decide the map, otherwise he wont play ;)
And of course we will play all matches on american server.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
i think we all should agree on a different 1v1 map. something like s22

Rocky

• Autococker
why ? pbcup is just the perfect map for 1vs1. imo keep it

CheMiCal

• Autococker
yes camping in one spot for 11 minutes just doesnt sound fun to me

Rocky

• Autococker
yes like u cant camp in other maps.. and try to camp in pbcup, u wont win vs someone whos good at that map

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
yes camping in one spot for 11 minutes just doesnt sound fun to me

Pbcup is certainly not the most balanced map (since blue can byspass top lines easier than purple), yet it's the most nostalgic 1on1 map out there. That's prolly the reason why Blitz wants to have it. It gives a good hint on players true skill lvl as long as no nades or impact nades (timed nades are just like imapct nades) are used.
Airtime, for example, would be a spray fest due to the wide open field, shazam needs lots of positioning, not much about aim there.
Pbcup is good to go, but like I said, 1on1 EuvsUS is a farce.

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
Update: Targeting early next month at this point. #pbcup on irc.globalgamers.net, idle and chat for the win.