Author Topic: Feature: Clan Ranking/Rating/Ladder System  (Read 3905 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Feature: Clan Ranking/Rating/Ladder System
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:53:31 AM »
This would be a system built into DPLogin that would help make clan matches more official.  Registered matches will maintain an official win/loss record as well as increase/decrease the clan's rating based on its performance against other clans.  I imagine it would use something similar to the Elo rating system currently used by several games, but the exact algorithm and numbers are still to be determined.

http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10299
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:00:51 PM by jitspoe »

capo

• VM-68
Re: Feature: Clan Ranking/Rating/Laddder System
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 01:58:44 AM »
+1 on this. I love you Nathan Wolf.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:28:49 AM »
There should be an option to hide the clan ranking/rating/stats (for clans that don't want to match or don't want to show their stats).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 11:55:40 AM »
There should be an option to hide the clan ranking/rating/stats (for clans that don't want to match or don't want to show their stats).
This would certainly be possible, at least from the clan profile. I plan to list clans according to rank, though, so it would be possible to figure out a clan's relative ranking from that.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »
Cameron has worked out an elo system that seems very good, toss him a PM. I think he would be very valuable to this.

Zorchenhimer

• Autococker
Re: Feature: Clan Ranking/Rating/Ladder System
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »

It could also be you need a rank of XX for your rank to be publicly displayed.  That's the way LoL does it.