Author Topic: THANKS AGAIN FOR NEW BUILD IT SUCKS LIKE ALWAYS  (Read 2496 times)

Rocky

• Autococker
THANKS AGAIN FOR NEW BUILD IT SUCKS LIKE ALWAYS
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
wtf is wrong with my sensitivity/fov ? fov 120 like it used to be, sensitivity 2.1 like it was before but now it feels like 10 times slower ?   

joonas

• VM-68
Re: THANKS AGAIN FOR NEW BUILD IT SUCKS LIKE ALWAYS
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »
Mouse acceleration was disabled I think. Try setting m_noaccel 0.

edit: wait that didn't seem to work for me, I'll look into it..

e2:
Quote from: b36
Cvar: m_noaccel - Replaces the old "m_xp" cvar and disables mouse acceleration for all versions of windows.  Windows 7 had it enabled by default (yuck). 10:03 PM 9/7/2012
Quote from: b37
- Tweak: Switched mouse turn variables to floating point for better turning precision. 9:49 PM 10/5/2012
- Cvar: "m_fovscale" - If enabled, scales the mouse turn speed based on your FOV.  At 90 degrees there is no difference, if you zoom in or out, you will turn slower or faster, respectively.  Set to 0 to disable.

Can't help you more than this.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 02:49:58 AM »
Wrong section Socky!

I did not have any problems with the build, just my cool own menu is gone:S

MosEz

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:34:24 AM »
I just played some rounds few days ago and I realized that every new build kills my talent more and more. (what talent? :D) Got also many problems with this sensitivity and it lags horrible at every kill/grab/waterfield. Maybe its impossible to play on a laptop anymore.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:52 PM »
As joonas stated, there are some new cvars related to mouse behavior.  The m_xp cvar fixed mouse acceleration for windows XP, but when Windows 7 came out, it was a different version, so it still enabled mouse accel.   You can reenable it, but you're a lot better off upping your sensitivity and learning to play without accel, as it will be much more consistent (mouse movement always turns the same amount, regardless of speed).  Also, the FOV scales your mouse speed automatically, so if you zoom in, you don't have to have elaborate aliases to adjust your sensitivity.  If you actually take the time to adjust your settings, you should be a lot better off.

MosEz: I have a similar issue on my laptop, but I've had it for as long as I can remember.  It seems when a new sound plays, it hitches (I guess it has to load it from disk).  The sounds should be precached, so I'm not sure why this is happening.  It's not a new thing, though.  I don't think the sound loading code has been touched in years.

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 01:06:56 PM »
I just played some rounds few days ago and I realized that every new build kills my talent more and more. (what talent? :D) Got also many problems with this sensitivity and it lags horrible at every kill/grab/waterfield. Maybe its impossible to play on a laptop anymore.

Might need your laptop cleaned if you have overheating problems. Worked for me.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 01:14:52 PM »
That's not an overheating problem - it's because it's accessing the disk to load the sound files (which is a major performance hit on some computers).  This should actually be fixed in build 38, so I'm curious if the issue still happens.