Author Topic: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.  (Read 33581 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
As JMR pointed out, preventing exploiters/cheaters is going to be a big deal - probably more work than implementing the core system itself.

As for splitting the player base... I'm not sure if this will help things grow or not.  I think single player/bots are probably a higher priority than this.  If there are bots, we can at least fill up servers for newer players with AI.  I hope that, with as many people are downloading the game, there are enough new players to play against each other and have a more enjoyable experience since they're all at the beginner level.  The problem might be finding a server with more experienced players.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2013, 12:14:30 PM »
The experienced player match anyway, rarely find them in a pub.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
no kill streaks lol........but as far as ranked would go, make it the max level only, it makes no sense for a level 1 to play ranked. people arent going to like it when level 1 new players are on thier team and they lose games/stats over it. it would make the new players work hard for max level, and by then they will have some sort of skill to play ranked, and do decent.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
All this talk about CoD. ( Black Ops 2 <3)
1. It has a killcam which should be implement. theres a feature vote for that already i know.
2. Weapons have attachments( could improve accuracy, flight etc.)
3. has a minimap that shows you were an enemy is if they fire.
4. Has Search and Destroy <3
5. If you go and kill bots you dont get the xp for it. you just get the fun.
6. Theres alot more customization.
7. I like to trickshot. :)
8. Stuns, concussions etc.

Now i just have to point these out because they can help. 1 or 2 of these relate to something someones said. so its not off topic.
But a This is a mandatory thing you need jitspoe. if you want this game well known you have to do it. im 100% with clipz.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2013, 09:31:43 PM »
if there is ever stuns and excrement, i'd quit.... there are already attachments....barrels, co2, hopper, ect. i agree with a minimap but it shouldnt show where people are.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:15 PM »
Only when they fire, it shows where they are.yeah stuns would get annoying. but it would shake it up abit.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:42 PM »
no, showing where people are ruins the game.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
You've never seen what its like. might help. what about those newbies have no idea where abouts on the map people are shooting at them from?

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »
At some point Jit has to decide what's in the best interest in the gaming.  Pleasing US the core players or bringing in new players.  Not one person who posts on this forum will give a single intercourse about bots.  But what's in the best interest of the current core group might not be the best interest of the game itself.  It took the game 15 years to get where it's at now with little changes at a time, I've seen it all from the beginning,  we're asking for the game to be re-invented overnight.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2013, 04:21:15 AM »
No not re-invented. Its improved. If you take little steps at a time your just going to be "old fashioned" by the end of it. As jitspoes taking those little steps hes improving his knowledge but. As he gets to the end when its really good. Theres going to be games you wouldnt even think of when you started. You need to start taking bigger steps before you know it. You will be running, and you cant be stopped. Your argument is invalid.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2013, 11:17:54 AM »
You've never seen what its like. might help. what about those newbies have no idea where abouts on the map people are shooting at them from?

yes i have, it's like cod.... showing where people are ruins some strats...... if you really think that this is a good idea, then you truly are stupid

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2013, 11:56:00 AM »
No not re-invented. Its improved. If you take little steps at a time your just going to be "old fashioned" by the end of it. As jitspoes taking those little steps hes improving his knowledge but. As he gets to the end when its really good. Theres going to be games you wouldnt even think of when you started. You need to start taking bigger steps before you know it. You will be running, and you cant be stopped. Your argument is invalid.

I didn't make an argument, I stated a fact. 

swk513

• PGP
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2013, 10:38:54 PM »
Just to throw my 2 cents in... Good idea.  I'd put the money behind 2-3 of each server, just to see how it's reacted to.  Maybe find a clan across the water that would do the same for Euro servers.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 03:33:07 AM »
Usually, there are only 3-5 servers people play on at a time, excluding matching servers. In some timezones there is only 1 server at any point in time. There are not enough players for multiple servers depending on ranks- they might not even play on the ranked server but some other speed one. Unless, you could have like a ranked playlist that automatically sorts you into a game depending on your rank and notify the players that xp is only gained on those servers with the official maps (if that is how you are doing it).
Also, what's stopping people getting an OTB/Arctic/cP/etc. match server with a friend or a multiaccount and just grinding for xp- boosting. Will you make 1v1's very un efficient for getting xp to stop this? Maybe it would increase numbers of multiaccounts otherwise... As you said "preventing exploiters/cheaters is going to be a big deal - probably more work than implementing the core system itself."

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2013, 06:48:34 AM »
  I didn't make an argument, I stated a fact. 
*your fact is invalid.

yes i have, it's like cod.... showing where people are ruins some strats...... if you really think that this is a good idea, then you truly are stupid
This is not like cod in anyway im sorry the only way that it is, is that its a first person shooter. You must be too stupid to use different "strats" this is more fast paced. It can help people that cant use sound for some reason. If someones shooting at you it will be "oh hes over there" instead of "where the **** is he." less rage-> peace->chemical stops complaining that people are stupid because they don't agree with him and leaves-> happy days.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
what the hell? how can't you tell where people are shooting you from? that just means you lack skill....... if this game has a "UAV" where people are displayed when they shoot, i will not play, and lots of others wouldn't like it as well. i didn't say this game is like call of duty, maybe you just tunnel on what people are saying and don't comprehend, what i meant was the mini map would be exactly like cod if it were to show where enemy's are if the shoot, that would ruin this game. people like you shouldn't be commenting on where the game should go. you have no experience nor are any good to know.

PS. the mini map should show: 1) direct layout of the map 2) where you are, what way you're facing. 3) where your teammates are 4) where flags are dropped. 4) nothing about the enemy's location should be shown.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2013, 07:43:26 PM »
*your fact is invalid.
This is not like cod in anyway im sorry the only way that it is, is that its a first person shooter. You must be too stupid to use different "strats" this is more fast paced. It can help people that cant use sound for some reason. If someones shooting at you it will be "oh hes over there" instead of "where the **** is he." less rage-> peace->chemical stops complaining that people are stupid because they don't agree with him and leaves-> happy days.

I guess it's your choice not to accept reality.  If you think a game that's taken 15 years to get where it is will magicly re-invent itself overnight your sadly mistaken.   If you had reading comprehension you would see that I said I think the idea would be great for the game.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2013, 11:25:00 PM »
@deadyfroggy- I really do not believe that a "mini map" will not work for this type of game... I'm just laughing at what the game would look like if I imagined this game with a "mini map", LOL might as well play with wallhacks....

Simple reason: if this game has a "Mini map", it would make alot of players leave, due to knowning the exact place/time of a player in this game; Simplely because this game requires lining and constant shooting. On the contrary, in COD one does not simply gain high momentous speeds and escape death.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:40 PM »
In, most games that aren't retarded (I.E. CoD) the enemy only shows on the mini map if they are seen by a team mate. And since this games' field of view can be so large, I don't see this being a good idea.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 03:29:57 AM »
In, most games that aren't retarded (I.E. CoD) the enemy only shows on the mini map if they are seen by a team mate. And since this games' field of view can be so large, I don't see this being a good idea.

^

also a mini map could work, just not show enemys or anything that can help you pinpoint their location. but there would have to be a set maplist, cant make a mini map layout for 10k maps